Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pirokp

What Size/Color Pillows For Dining Room Chairs?

pirokp
13 days ago

Hi,

I am struggling with what size and color pillow should be added to my new dining room chairs. They look like they are missing a comfortable pillow. I was thinking light gray to tie in with the gray in the living room? Am I on track with the color? I tried taking the pillows from the sofa to see if the size worked in the dining room chairs. 12x12 looked the best but I needed it to mush more down, not as firm. Thoughts?

Comments (13)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    13 days ago

You're missing chairs, not pillows. Why are you dining at a picnic bench? The room would look better with matching armless chairs instead of group benches.

Drapery panels on the windows would also add more texture to the room.

• Jilly
    13 days ago

I like your chairs; I wouldn’t add pillows.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    13 days ago

Sorry they look silly with the picnic style table so why not just leave them alone . Thye have a ppede seat and adding one will make them sit off for comfort .Spend some money on a nice liggt fixture above the table .

• TanCalGal
    13 days ago

A 9 x 12 pillow in a color lighter than the chairs (the light gray sounds right).

• Lyn Nielson
    13 days ago

a small rectangular pillow as a lumbar in a color. IF you NEED support.

The Black is overwhelming. looks like the flowers are the only color you've got going in the space.

• lkloes
    13 days ago

I would get new, more casual chairs. What you have now doesn’t work with your rustic picnic table and benches.

• pirokp
    Original Author
    13 days ago

I should have said that this is a cabin, it’s in a rustic setting, that’s why the wood table and benches, and brown sofa.

• PRO
    lisedv
    13 days ago

I agree with Beverly FLADeziner on the points mentioned. If you get pillows for your chairs, buy feather inserts not foam.

• HU-121436380
    13 days ago

It’s not the lucky people in the chairs that need the comfort , it‘s the people relegated to the benches that eill need it.

• lkloes
    12 days ago

Since this is a rustic cabin, those chairs are what’s out of place. Pillows won’t fix that. Spend the money on chairs that will give the space a more cohesive look.

• pirokp
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Okay, now that I know everyone thinks my dining room and living room look awful, when I loved it. Oh well. I did benches because we already had 6 chairs around the island. We didn’t want more chairs, and the chairs would block our view out of the windows. The tables and benches were handmade, and not going anywhere, I love them. I also love the beige chairs I just got. It brightens up the table area, we originally had brown chairs there and it was too dark. I am keeping what I have, I just wanted pillow advice. Maybe I’ll swap some of the sofas ones out for some color, then the pillow for each of the dining room chairs could have some of that color too.

• la_la Girl
    12 days ago

I wouldn't worry about it - take the feedback that is helpful and ignore the rest - I would probably do simple down lumbar pillows in black to connect with the couch

pirokp thanked la_la Girl