Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_168161927

Accent wall or ideas

HU-168161927
15 days ago

Hi, I recently purchased a beige bed frame and my walls are similiar color (light too). After reading content online, I probably should have got a darker/grey bed. Now I’m trying to figure out if I should do an accent wall like add wood or any other creative ideas around the bed frame to bring out the bed more. I’m looking for advice from others on what to do.

Comments (10)

• HU-168161927
    Original Author
    15 days ago

FYI- I was thinking about doing something with gold and silver on the wall. For bedding color, I wanted to keep the purple and add gold/silver to the mix, but not sure if it looks right.

• HU-168161927
    Original Author
    14 days ago

@Kendrah great; thank you. Are there any particular colors that you would recommend?

• HU-168161927
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Another thing. Can anyone provide recommendations on what main color dresser/nightstands you would get to go with this bed? I was thinking black as the main color with maybe a white marble top and/or with gold handles.

• Cara Fidler
    14 days ago
    last modified: 14 days ago

Hi. I suggest an accent wall. Some colors to consider: dusty rose, lavender, lilac, periwinkle blue, mint green, apricot. Alternately you could mount a large piece of artwork and arrange photos and pics around it. You could do this on both sides of the bed. But I would paint an accent wall. Also, before doing so I would choose a great comforter and choose the least predominant color in it as the color of your accent wall. For the nightstands and or dresser I would paint it according to my suggestion regarding least dominant color in comforter. Would look really nice.

HU-168161927 thanked Cara Fidler
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    14 days ago

Choose the bedding first and IMO all the walls painted and the headbord is the feature so no to an accent wall but all the walls one color and choose that after you choose the bedding.I ssume you are female so something like this for bedding and the pale lavender for the walls and maybe one silver pillow

HU-168161927 thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    Norwood Architects
    14 days ago

Since the headboard is so large and tall would recommend an accent wall to provide some contrast with the bed.

HU-168161927 thanked Norwood Architects
  • RedRyder
    14 days ago

If you’re up for some drama, I would paint the entire room a deep beautiful color. Your bed will be beautiful against any of these dark hues - deep green, mid-to-dark blue, deep purple.

• Maureen
    14 days ago

Colors, nightstands/dresser and a focal wall are really personal preferences, as seen by above examples. As your bed and carpet are neutral/easily adaptable, really anything goes. Looking on line for inspiration is really recommended and save your favourites; not only overall rooms, but elements you are drawn to. Having a plan is so important.

Search “Master bedroom” then add: color, and/or preferred style (sounds like a glam feel?) and I quickly found the ones below. Note how much bedding and accessories contribute and with your headboard being so prominent, I’d skip a focal wall, but if anything…consider a (even fake) grasscloth. Simple and elegant. .

HU-168161927 thanked Maureen
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    14 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

I think it is good idea to go with accent wall.

HU-168161927 thanked Celery. Visualization, Rendering images