Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reese713

Cambria Quartz Countertop colour issues

reese713
14 days ago

We just had a "custom" Cambria countertop installed in our house, and held onto the sample that we were using to base our cabinet and tile options on. There is a very strong difference in the countertop coloring, so I'm curious if I'm overthinking this or if this is a drastic enough color difference to warrant a discussion with the installer. The tile selections we had made are just not working with the space now that there is more of a cool tone overall.

We had a color palette with warm colors - dark green lower cabinets, greige uppers, warm sand toned tile and warm toned flooring. We increased the cost of our counters approximately $3,000 only to end up with a different tone.

The Cambria site describes cool gray and warm, sand-honey tonalities which were very much present in the sample, but the sand-honey tonalities are barely present at all on our countertops. Of course, my photos don't seem to accurately show the difference in person, but the debossed veins on the left is silver and the embossing on the right is gold.

Comments (5)