Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Has Anyone Bought Rugs from "Rugs Direct"?

I don't know how I missed this company when I was recently searching for an area rug, which is what this company specializes in, and they have a huge assortment. The prices seem eminently reasonable, but I wonder if anyone has personal experience with this firm. I'd be very interested in any feedback before I contemplate purchasing from them.

Comments (10)

• User
    8 years ago

I ordered one from rugs direct last night, in fact - first time, and then saw the same rug at overstock for $60 less, so I'm trying to cancel the Rugsdirect order, but they're not open. Maybe they'll honor the price difference. We'll see.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked User
  • ldstarr
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Yes, I've purchased from them 3 different times. All the transactions were very easy, even the one that the rug had a defect and they shipped a replacement. I'd buy from them again, (oops sent it before I proofread)

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked ldstarr
  • User
    8 years ago

I've ordered from them twice and been satisfied with quality & service.

First time was for lakehouse bedroom - 2 for bedsides and one by balcony slider. Have held up nicely for 9 yrs. These were synthetic.

Last year ordered two 3x5 of rug below for MBR. They shed a bit at first, but after a couple vacuumings, I had no problems. I prefer the wool ones.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked User
  • Susan Drake
    8 years ago

I ordered a 12' wool runner from them a few months ago from their clearance section. It was well under $200 and was over $400 on other sites.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Susan Drake
  • shadylady2u
    8 years ago

I ordered a rug from them about a month ago. Shipped really fast and free shipping. Price was less than other places. I'd recommend them.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked shadylady2u
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you all for the very positive feedback. Based on that I've ordered this 5 x 8 rug for our living room to use in the summer since the one I recently purchased has very warm colors. This is actually an outdoor rug, but my husband and I both really like it and the color is given as light blue instead of this greyish-beige color. I actually prefer this color but we also really liked the simple design.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    Original Author
    8 years ago

As mentioned, the color is supposedly off, and this is really light blue.

• Chris Armenante
    15 days ago

Photos don't represent the true colors and return shipping fees are very high.

• PRO
    Michelle Chlebek
    13 days ago

Be warned about $$$$ rug samples.... 1) they are non refundable 2)They offer a program where you can order samples and later have the cost of those credited to your order. They don't state this on the website but they only credit ONE SAMPLE and it must be the EXACT same color/product as the sample you ordered. I made the mistake of purchasing several expensive samples in order to compare the colorways, only to find out they'd only comp one. 3) Getting the credit for it is not easy, you have to call and get the supervispr to approve it. Perhaps I am spoiled, I am a trade customer and typically companies send free samples. These are $50 each! Would rather deal with the carpet manufacturer directly than through a third party such as "rugs direct".