Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ashleynrtn

Polished Nickel Framed Shower Enclosure

agbhw
15 days ago

I’ve been looking for this type of fully framed shower enclosure with no luck. We are building a house and need two of these. In my area (TN), even up to a two hour radius, no one offers polished nickel for a framed shower. It’s always brushed nickel. I’ve found some beautiful enclosures from a company in California and New Jersey that look like what I want. I called them up but obviously we are too far. They are solid brass finished with polished nickel (I guess?). I was hoping someone on Houzz could point me in the right direction. I’ve looked everywhere. No one sells the look I’m wanting and every single glass company around does frameless or it’s not polished nickel finish. Any ideas on where to look? Or any companies in the southeast that do this? Thanks

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    15 days ago
    last modified: 15 days ago

I designed a house near Knoxville, but their shower glass was frameless. Personally I dislike cleaning shower glass and would dislike it even more with a frame.

I designed the guest bath (where I occasionally stay) for a shower curtain, but they installed a glass shower door. I have to squeegee the ¡™£¢∞§¶ shower door.

• PRO
    Minardi
    15 days ago
    last modified: 15 days ago

That is fully high end custom, for a steam shower. The transoms should be operable. Probably 9K for the whole door system. Or more. Plus the 20K steam shower vapor proofing upgrade. You will need a vapor proof lighting and fan, inside the shower. Not damp rated. Vapor proof rated. For everything. With the proper ceiling slope. Otherwise its's a giant petri dish of mold.

• millworkman
    15 days ago

@MInardi the OP never said she wanted a steam shower, only the framed look like that.

• dani_m08
    14 days ago

I didn’t know that they made framed shower glass that looks like the above - very cool looking!

I would definitely want to have someone come in and clean that for me every week - because I don’t enjoy using a squeegee on a frameless shower enclosure - can’t imagine the extra work needed to keep that type looking nice!

But it is really an interesting look!

• millworkman
    14 days ago

"I didn’t know that they made framed shower glass that looks like the above - very cool looking!"

If you find someone to make then for you, definitely custom, they will not be inexpensive I guarantee you that.

• dani_m08
    14 days ago

I can only imagine!! I’m currently looking into having some custom black metal divided glass cabinet doors fabricated. They are quite a bit smaller than the above shower enclosures - and are still expensive! Guess I will have to just live with my plain ’ol frameless glass shower door. . .

• PRO
    Minardi
    14 days ago

A shower fully enclosed like that, has to be built as a steam shower, even if it is not. The open at the top glass enclosures allow air movement that the closed up petri dishes do not.

• agbhw
    Original Author
    13 days ago

Thanks everyone for the feedback, as always I appreciate it. Even if I just wanted a simple glass shower door with polished nickel frame, I can’t find that! I’m not sure why none of the glass companies offer polished nickel. I guess that is my biggest question at this point - why is everyone only offering brushed nickel and chrome?