Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mermaiddominguez

Help decorating and furnishing my blush pink feminine bedroom.

Carol D.
14 days ago

My bedroom is a clean slate. 1st pic is my headboard. 2nd pic - that’s how high the headboard will be. 3rd pic is my inspo pic. 4th pic is the entire room.

Question: Do I paint blush pink? Keep it white? Another color but please, nothing gray and no Sputnik lighting. ;)

And what to do about window treatment?

Lighting?

It’s just me so I would like, grown woman’s feminine and comfy. Your brilliant insights are much appreciated!

retractable fandelier
romatic chandelier with ceramic roses

Comments (14)

• barncatz
    14 days ago
    last modified: 14 days ago

Our bedroom has a pink coverlet and white pillows with pink trim, with white plaster walls. With your headboard, this look -it's a NY hotel room - might be a start, so the pink contrasts with the taupe, warm tones that are already in your headboard.

Taupe and pink are lovely together.

I'd let your headboard be the star and would not be looking for a frilly, gleamy light to compete with it.I like your current fixture much better than the fussy lights you show, but if you want a change, I'd keep to a simple dome or ball.

• Carol D.
    Original Author
    14 days ago

I love all of your suggestions! Thank you! And Your room is beautiful.

• Mrs. S
    14 days ago

Idk, but pink is my favorite color, so I want to see what you do and I hope you keep us updated.

Besides pink, my fave is cream. So maybe a muted cream instead of the stark white that was so popular with the gray trend. (Or a creamy white).

• Mrs. S
    14 days ago

Here's a photo:

The glow makes the walls look pinkish on my screen, but I bet they're cream color. To me, lends a bit of sophistication.

• Carol D.
    Original Author
    14 days ago

I love the cream idea (suggested again). Thank you!!!!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    14 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

What do you plan to use for nightstands.??

The paint color for the walls is the last item selected.

Select the rug & linens first, then select the paint to coordinate with those two items.

• Carol D.
    Original Author
    14 days ago

I have not selected nightstands, suggestions are welcome! And thank you for this!

• Kendrah
    14 days ago

I'd paint a cream with red undertone so it gives off a blush feel. I think it will be more sophisticated than an actual blush or pink paint color.

Your bed is pointed, your celing is pointed, your light fixture is pointed. I'd rather see a different, rounder shape to break things up. Your inspiration pic is over the top in a wonderful way. Don't know if you want to go over the top as well, but if you do...

Can you post pics of your windows so we can say more about window treatments?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

Here's the results of using blush linens on the bed.

The nightstands are from Horchow also.

• Carol D.
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Kendra! 🙊❤️❤️❤️! You are seeing right into my brain! Thank you so much. Let me post pictures of the windows.

• Carol D.
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Here are the bedroom windows. Also, do I put a footstool at the end of the bed? Finally, yes, I went over the top!

• Carol D.
    Original Author
    12 days ago

I apologize! BEVERLY! and Kendra! Thank you!!!!!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

Once the bed and linens are installed it doesn't leave much room for anything else.

Do you need to paint the room? Once you add the linens and drapery panels, that adds quite a bit of color to the room.

• Carol D.
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Beverly - this is very helpful! Thank you!

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz