Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandra_guzek

Induction stove

Sandra Guzek
18 days ago

Hi! Looking for advice Considering purchasing an induction stove. Ive read they scratch and crack easier and you cant slide your pans around . I understand the learning curve and specific pots and pans. Does this outweigh the benifits? Is this the route to go?

Comments (11)

• KW PNW Z8
    18 days ago

Ditto ^^. More control over burner heat than gas. Easier to clean surface - I will never go back to gas

Sandra Guzek thanked KW PNW Z8
  • PRO
    HU-0228123141598721
    18 days ago

Put down a silpat. Slide all you want. But it is a bad habit to have regardless of type of cooking surface.

Sandra Guzek thanked HU-0228123141598721
  • awm03
    18 days ago

The time you save in clean up is worth the price of induction, imo. The kitchen stays cooler too because it doesn't give off heat like gas or radiant. I've used cast iron on glass tops for 19 years with no scratching.

Sandra Guzek thanked awm03
  • KW PNW Z8
    18 days ago

I should’ve added that induction cooktops emit significantly less noxious fumes than gas. Better for you & our environment.

Sandra Guzek thanked KW PNW Z8
  • dan1888
    17 days ago

Induction, once you use it, will be your preferred choice.

Sandra Guzek thanked dan1888
  • PRO
    Minardi
    17 days ago

You have read wrongly. Induction is the only way to go if you have electric power.

Sandra Guzek thanked Minardi
  • Terri Corso
    17 days ago

Fantastic! Fast, efficient, easy to clean, never stains like glass top; we slide all the time!

Sandra Guzek thanked Terri Corso
  • theresa21
    17 days ago

I am super careful with my induction. I usually use silicone pads underneath all my cookware because I enjoy the gentle touch of setting a pan down on silicone. I know I don't need to do it, but I like to do it. I have one super tiny scratch that is extremely hard to find. I don't know how the scratch happened, but I would never slide pots and pans around on an induction cooktop. I have cabinet storage above my hood, where I keep plastic storage containers, because I would not want to drop anything heavy on my cooktop. And I have a cooktop that laps on top of the countertop without any protective edge what-so-ever, just the glass, it's fine. Owning an induction stove far outweighs having to form any new habits IMO.

Sandra Guzek thanked theresa21
  • 3katz4me
    17 days ago

By all means get induction. The benefits far outweigh any disadvantages. I always thought gas was the way to go until I discovered induction. I've had my induction range for eight years and only have one small scratch that happened early on. I'm sure it was from my husband using it as a counter top when he pulled something out of the OTR microwave. Since then I've kept a placemat on top when it's not in use and nary another scratch. I try not to slide pans around and I've never used anything under them.

Sandra Guzek thanked 3katz4me
  • wdccruise
    17 days ago

"Ive read they scratch and crack easier and you cant slide your pans around"

I have the LG LSE4617ST induction range. I slide pots around and there are no scratches in the glass cooktop. Current model is LG LSIS6338F.

"I understand the learning curve and specific pots and pans."

Not all pans are induction-compatible. See page 32 of the instructions for details and how to test your cookware for compatibility.

Sandra Guzek thanked wdccruise