Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybug9a

Best skirted toilet for reduced clogs?

ladybug A 9a Houston area
16 days ago
last modified: 16 days ago

Looking for options, a couple of toilets in our house clog up. Also prefer skirted for ease of cleaning.

Comments (27)

• debrak6
    16 days ago

Look at the Toto Nexus; avoid the Toto Acquia.

ladybug A 9a Houston area thanked debrak6
  • ladybug A 9a Houston area
    Original Author
    16 days ago

@ Diana Bier Interiors, LLC , any particular models? Reviews seem to vary model by model

@debrak6, will check out the nexus, thank you!

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    16 days ago

I have the Clayton and the Promenade.

ladybug A 9a Houston area thanked Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • Candace
    16 days ago

You’ll never regret the skirted toilets from a cleaning standpoint :) no more dust (and other stuff) accumulating on the curves!!!

ladybug A 9a Houston area thanked Candace
  • Paul F.
    16 days ago

TOTO Acquia, the ONE piece to avoid the seam under the tank. The Tornado Flush is amazing.

ladybug A 9a Houston area thanked Paul F.
  • Helen
    15 days ago

I installed two Totos and haven't had a clog in six years - they still work perfectly.

They are both skirted and my master bath has the Sanafinish. Combine with a Toto washlet with pre-rinse with E-water, the bowls are essentially self cleaning.

ladybug A 9a Houston area thanked Helen
  • debrak6
    15 days ago

Just be aware that some users are very bothered by the shelf inside the Aquia and the resultant...erm...occasional stuff stuck to the shelf. And comparing the size of the waterspot on various models can be useful info.

• Karenseb
    15 days ago

The newer Aquia IV has a larger water surface compared to the older Aquia that had a shelf.

(new 7X5, old 4 X 5),

My daughter liked the Aquia IV a lot, but she did not want the button for dual flush on top.

She got the Nexus which does have a larger water spot than the Aquia IV.

It has not been installed yet.

ladybug A 9a Houston area thanked Karenseb
  • Paul F.
    13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

OK, yes the 4 Aquia IV's that I just put in all my rentals are the new design. Model# MS646124CEMFGN01. There is a ledge but it's underwater.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

Truthfully?

The brutal truth answer to all 1.2 gallon flush is one:

Flush as you GO.

Your issue also may have little or nothing to do with your toilets, and everything to do with incorrect pitch in a soil pipe.

If you are on a septic tank.....ever hear a gurgle in the loo or other plumbing? That may be a cause as well.......needing an empty or other service.

ladybug A 9a Houston area thanked JAN MOYER
    Original Author
    7 days ago

@ JAN MOYER , No, we are not on septic. My boys seem to clog them once in a while, especially my younger one. probably too much paper. was trying to see if there are some better than the others for this issue.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    7 days ago
    last modified: 7 days ago

Boys AND men.: ) I repeat....flush as you gooooo!. Then do the "rest", flush again, and it will also take the "marks" as the TP goes with the water. lol

Their future wives will thank you for teaching them, and bet me your clogs will become a NON issue with the toilets you own.

OR.....you could starve them? hahaha

( ask any cleaning person what they deal with....)

Bonus here? Less germ spray everywhere. Gross them out, that's the only answer, along with a plunger for when they forget.

ladybug A 9a Houston area thanked JAN MOYER
  • Sigrid
    7 days ago

Hydration and plenty of fiber tends to ensure your #2 is easily flushable.

Original Author
    7 days ago

Some toilets are just poorly designed with ledges etc. In any case, thanks for the comments, just looking for something that doesn't become a problem.

• A Mat
    7 days ago

It is not the toilet but the user. Flush twice, once before the paper work and then after,

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    7 days ago
    last modified: 7 days ago

Yes:) 🤣🙄

And you said it soooooo well : )!

Original Author
    6 days ago

So another question, all our toilets are Toto, 1.6 gpf. Can i just change the bowl out? Mostly to go to skirted.

• Paul F.
    6 days ago
    last modified: 6 days ago

Toto tech support is very helpful. Call them with your questions. 1-888-295-8134 My advice is to get a bidet toilet seat and cut down on the paper work.

Original Author
    6 days ago

Thanks Paul, kids dont use the bidet much. We have in another room. Plus this is mostly for elderly guests and we want to keep it as standard as possible. Looking for Toto 1.6 gpf skirted option and cant find any!

• wdccruise
    6 days ago

"Looking for Toto 1.6 gpf skirted option and cant find any!"

Yup. According to the Toto USA toilet webpage, only the Drake two-piece model is available with a 1.6 gpf flush. You can still get the older Drake CST744 on Amazon for $260. The UltraMax MS854114S 1.6 GPF One Piece Elongated Toilet is also still available. Neither is skirted.

ladybug A 9a Houston area thanked wdccruise
  • debrak6
    5 days ago

I don't know if it helps, but the Nexus 1.28 gpf really does work well. My comparison of the Aquia IV new model vs the Nexus comes from a close family member's home that has both, and several people's comparison of the two models plus my own use of them. We're all annoyed by the Aquias and think the Nexus is great. Not pushing for the model I recommend; just adding the info. Having gotten to try both and gotten various family input, I'm ordering all Nexus for my new build.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 days ago
    last modified: 5 days ago

There are virtually no 1.6 left. Thank your guv.

So now? We just flush twice, double the water. Or shower twice as long with reduced flow .......

Buy a skirted 1. 2 and teach folks new habits. It's a toilet........: ) and no, you can not "just change the bowl"

• Helen
    5 days ago

@JAN MOYER I live in California which has water saving standards and I never have to flush twice nor do I have to shower twice as long with my shower head.

From someone who has a PRO tag those are really ignorant statement.

I would want any professional I use to be in the forefront of technology that was green.

Original Author
    5 days ago
    last modified: 5 days ago

@JanMoyer, i live in Texas, doubt our governer has anything to do with it.

I dont understand why having restrictions only to flush twice or thrice makes any sense.

• A Mat
    5 days ago

The reason is, most people do not have your problem and the savings are substantial. Low flow saved Mono Lake.

Original Author
    5 days ago

@Amat, yes others do. I am also buying showers and there are so many reviews that mention taking the regulator out.

For toilets i like the dual flush to consere water but not convinced about constantly reducing the water used to the point of having to flush twice.

I may just keep the one i have, its a ver ocassional once or twice a year issue and going with the new ones may actually create a problem.