Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenn07wells

Seeking Ideas for Improving Curb Appeal

Jennifer
16 days ago

Help! My husband's company lacks curb appeal. It's an old building, but surely there's something we can do to give it more character. Half of the time, customers can't find us because they think it's just an empty building. We don't own the building, so we don't want to spend a fortune. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (7)

• beesneeds
    16 days ago

Since the company does not own the building.... what does the building owner allow them to do? Or what they can't do?

I would think having good building numbers would help. Something to replace the fade on the building- either new numbers, a sign, or the fade cleaned off/filled. Even though the window glass looks good, at first glance it's the number fade making the building look ill-occupied.

I'm not usually one for stone mulch. But it could be easier to replace the grassy fuzz in those raised beds with stone mulch for a clean look than it would be to landscape it in. Freshen up the wood mulch around the bushes below.

Fresh paint striping for parking could help. Perhaps some signage for parking along the one side of the building.

• Sigrid
    16 days ago

It's got plenty of character. It need a business sign or house # and street name.

• Eileen
    16 days ago

The two white planters need height. Matching conifers will do the trick. All plantings should continue with the symmetry already established. You might need to cut down one or two of the rhodies on the left. What is in front of the right white planter?

• PRO
    John's Lawn & Garden
    15 days ago
    last modified: 15 days ago

I would normally say drought tolerant landscaping, but I don't think your in California right? hahaha. Honestly, for the money, I would skip landscaping and go with signage! That building needs signs more than it needs anything else.

• littlebug Zone 5 Missouri
    14 days ago
    last modified: 14 days ago

That’s a no brainer. Signage. Could a new sign be set, on posts maybe, to the right of the door in the grass?

Whatever the red flowering things are, are not attractive. If there’s not someone specifically assigned to care for landscaping (assumably the company uses some mow-and-blow guys to take care of the grass), I’d rip those out. Keep the mulch replenished and free of debris.

I’m not in love with those white-painted planters either. Pretty cheesy looking.

The parking lot and sidewalk and steps are dreadfully neglected. Powerwash is needed, maybe new parking striping afterward.

• Jennifer
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Thank you for everyone’s advice. This is all really helpful. We are located in Texas, so definitely hot weather down here. I am on it with the signage, power washing, and sidewalk paint. I will post pictures soon :-)