Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
parker_31

Hardie Board Discoloration

parker_31
16 days ago

Hello!

When we were discussing new siding for our home, Hardie board seemed like the way to go. Pricey, yes, but pest resistant, durable, low maintenance, etc, etc, etc.

I think we've had our Hardie board on the house for about two years now. A few months ago, I began noticing discoloration. At the time, I thought maybe it was just the lighting. But then I noticed it in more and more spots, eventually investigating to find that every single wall has this discoloration in some form.

We chose the Gray Slate color (FYI) and the discolored areas have a pink cast. I've tried using water and scrubbing at the discoloration, just to see if it would come off -- it did not. I have not tried anything stronger (soap..?).

We've notified the company who installed it and they say they're going to have someone come by and check it out. They didn't give a timeframe. It's been a couple months. We're going to call and remind them, see if we can get a better estimate of when someone can come out.

Has anyone experienced this with their Hardie board? It's so frustrating to experience after the cost and time that went into the purchase/installation. Would love to hear from anyone who may have experience with this, or any ideas as to what is happening here.

Thanks!

Comments (11)