Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aastha_dhakal

How to arrange these furniture

aastha dhakal
16 days ago

Hi, I have these furniture in this small living room and it feels like a weird combination of color. Can you guys help me what to chage here an how to place theze couch a. Accent chairs please.
Thank you
Aastha

Comments (13)

• ffpalms
    16 days ago

Additional photos of the space would be helpful for the best suggestions. We need to see the surrounding spaces, and also how you plan to use the space. Will there be a TV?

• Olychick
    16 days ago

Will you have a coffee table or end tables? Other lamps? I find the color of the rug quite jarring, but presumably you like it because it's there? If you don't love it, I'd look for something that brings the blue and taupe together. When you get a final arrangement, if the taupe loveseat is still against a wall, I might try the motorcycle art above it. Looks like the colors complement that piece more than the blue.

• PRO
    lisedv
    15 days ago

If you can also draw a plan of the room showing dimensions with windows, doors, entrance(s) to the room that would also be helpful along with additional photos, as well as info on how you plan to use this room.

• njmomma
    15 days ago

Adding an area rug and pillows and art will help bring the colors together. The are will help ground the space.

• dan1888
    15 days ago

What's behind the blue couch? Show the room from the grey couch to see the full space.

• PRO
    lisedv
    15 days ago

Without having much information on the size of the room nor what the surrounding area looks like, not knowing if you plan on buying/replacing items, here is what I came up with. The decor is shown on the photo but the suggested new furniture layout is on the floorplan below.

Your bicycle canvas/print should be hung lower and centered with the furniture that will sit below.

• dan1888
    15 days ago

If there is a room or passage behind the blue couch, I'd swap it with the two chairs. Space them to allow movement into the space behind.

• happyleg
    15 days ago

You can put small couch under the art. Blue chairs where the small couch was seated. With the lamp between them. Plant in corner. or on small couch side.

• aastha dhakal
    Original Author
    15 days ago

Thank you all for all tye suggestions. I moved around the small couch an blue chairs , the lamp when moved in middle made the room dark .

• aastha dhakal
    Original Author
    15 days ago

I will be adding curtains, please ignore my tired husvand whom i am making to move all the furniture around since coupls of months now. 😅

• aastha dhakal
    Original Author
    15 days ago

Cant add table in front, have to utilize what I have for now

• PRO
    lisedv
    15 days ago

Now we see more of the room + there's also a TV in a corner and windows!!!

Of course it's dark, you only have one (1) floor lamp, you need to get additional lighting.

And, with colourful accent pillows, it will cut down on all the solid colours you have in the room.

• happyleg
    15 days ago

Much better. Get white or ivory curtains or drapes. Measure a few inches above window frame to almost the floor.