Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sea_breeze

Easily cleanable tiny narrow dark corridor

Sea Breeze
9 years ago
Hi any ideas on colours to lighten up this very narrow tiny corridor doors will be replaced with half glazed doors to try and let in more light (not the type I would of liked but they came in on budget). Can not replace door frames so need ideas on paint colours carpet to be ripped out and replaced by laminate.

Comments (475)

• hollywaterfall
    9 years ago
    One more email SB! ((hugs))
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hello all I'm hoping you get one of those automated email things when I post this !

Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a prosperous, fantastic and healthy new year!!

You've all been amazing !

Can't believe it's been over a year I still remember mfors amazing tree from last year !
  • Carolina
    9 years ago
    Aww.... thank you :-) (She has the amazing tree this year again :-))

Wishing you and your lovely family a Merry Christmas and a smooth, happy and healthy New Year. See you next year, hopefully with an update on the hall ;-)
    (((Hugs)))
  • mefor
    9 years ago
    Merry Christmas, Karima :))
    Hope you and your family are all well, busy year, you must be ready for a break, lol :)))
    I hope you'll be calling on us again soon, we love to work in your house. How does the hall look?
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Oooooh those decorations are so Christmas card status !
    Haven't done anything with the hallway yet been a little poorly God willing I'll be back soon.
    Having said that I'll be doing a currently disastrous kids bedroom (looks like a large storage cupboard lol) and finishing the hallway in the New Years.

You've all made this year such fun, your such a wonderful and talented bunch wishing you all the very best !

Ahhhhhh feeling the love :)) xx
  • Carolina
    9 years ago
    Sending healing vibes your way. Hope you do feel better soon. Sorry to hear you're (still?) not feeling well :-((
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks and yep still have been since September but up on my feet now so a lot better, looking forward to the news years x
  • mefor
    9 years ago
    I'm so sorry you haven't been well, are you feeling my better?
    Can't have my favorite houzzer under the weather :(
    I am definitely looking forward to helping with anything you need to work on :))))
  • mefor
    9 years ago
    Poor thing, still not better :(
    Loads of hugs and healing coming your way :)x
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Lol, I'm fine no matter what situation we find ourselves in there are others far worse. I'm was just trying to excuse my tardiness. It's a time for other to look at all our blessings as
    everyone has been blessed in something
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    * its a time for us .. Not others lol
    Dur.
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Ok I'm sure you can all tell I'm multitasking here and slipping as nothing I'm writing is making sense my english teacher would be so disappointed lol
    Ttfn
  • mefor
    9 years ago
    ;)))) x
  • hollywaterfall
    9 years ago
    :) Good to hear from you all again. Wishing you all a happy holiday. We are well.
  • Carolina
    9 years ago
    Happy Holidays to everyone on this thread :-))
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE AT HOUZZ
  • mefor
    9 years ago
    Hi hollywaterfall, Merry Christmas to you and your family :)))))
    Hope we all can get together to work with Karima in the New Year, we've always had such a good time here :)
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Wheyyyy hollywaterfall !!
    Merry Christmas nice to hear from you !!
    Have a great happy holiday and bright new year xxxxxx
  • mefor
    9 years ago
    Hope the New Year is starting well for you and your families, Karima and all the good people on here :))
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hello not sure if anyone on the east coast here it
  • hollywaterfall
    9 years ago
    Karima-I'm guessing you were worried about us EC'ers because of the weather. I think the rest of the gang is a bit more south of me. I am in PA. We had snow but it wasn't as much as Boston got. We were fine. The kids have been wanting a ton of course but we have enough. It is white and will be cold to keep it around for a bit. So it can be spring anytime now! Thanks for thinking of us. Hope you and your kids are well also. :)
  • mefor
    9 years ago
    Hi Karima and hollywaterfall :)))

I'm east of you, in NJ, had 10-11 inches. Not as much as they predicted, lucky!!!!! My sis lives out east in Long Island, she had 28 inches, poor thing. But she has snow blower and she kept at it with blower and shovel. Hearing snow for Sunday into Monday, hoping it doesn't develop into a nor'easter. We've now had enough to be pretty, don't want a repeat of last year, I'm ready for spring too, holly!! :))))

Hope the family is well and you'll be starting some projects to bring us all back together, Karima :)))x
  • mefor
    9 years ago

Hi Karima, just piping in to say hi

Hope all is well with you and your family.

:)x

• Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi mefor I'm fine sorry you caught me during half term which is always crazy how are you ?
  • hollywaterfall
    9 years ago

I am SOOO ready for spring!

• Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    How is everyone ?
    Here's what happens when you don't take mefor advise lol

She did say varnish over it loads of times we didn't because it looked so nice and shiny

Now we get it, it's to make the surface hard wearing so the kids don't wreak it lol
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hello hollywaterfall how are you ?
    How's Carolins ?

I was taking about the snow many moons ago

Mefor you ok ?
  • Carolina
    9 years ago

Hi there :-) I'm fine. Oops about the handrail. Shame :-/ Do you still like your living room and the paint colours in the hall? How is the family? Kids okay? How are you???

• Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi Carolins !!!

So nice to hear from you !!

I loooove my rooms corridor and totally still love front room never changing it lol

The handrail is getting redone by hubby when the kids sleep tonight
    Still have all the materials to do it

My kids have been scribbling so I've learnt to not buy into the scrubbable expensive paint used crowns solo in corridor as they don't work next time I'm mixing standard paint and getting extra tins for touch ups I'm
    Lucky I still have a spare tin in the shed

Kids adorable but hard work lol

Oh mefor that rub paint erghhhh what's in called the Spanish gold doesn't work ...rub and buff I think just slips goopy mess lol.

The colours are lovely and smiley it's like they say hello to me when I walk in, lol no I having been smoking anything .
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Love my handrails , it was a ship wreak before my stairs look lovely I'm totally Houzz loved up with you all
  • mefor
    9 years ago

Hi ladies :))

I don't know why I'm not getting notifications for this thread, I have them switched on and have it bookmarked, weird, if you shout loud enough, I'll eventually hear you, lol.

I'm fine, very cold winter here though, ready for spring too!!!

Oh no!!!!! Get that handrail re painted and lacquered!!! You bad girl, lol, can't take the easy way with that. Make sure that you give it a good sanding and clean it with a TSP type cleaner (tri sodium phosphate) to cut through the greases left behind by everyone's hands. Then repaint and seal, seal, seal !!!!!

Are you all well? How's your leg?

Sea Breeze thanked mefor
  • mefor
    9 years ago

Oh no, the rub and buff isn't working? This is on the door hardware? Hmmm. I wonder if you could spray paint and then laquer it? It will eventually wear off, but the lacquer should give it a bit longer.

• hollywaterfall
    9 years ago

I'm good. Good to hear from you all. The winter is still here also.<that is not as good but what are you going to do. I'm glad you still love the room SB. We all put enough hard work into it that if you were to change it I think we would feel obliged to help again.

• Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Hello

Is everyone still here somewhere ?
    How are you all ?

Can I asked for more help?

I need to redo the twins room, probably the smallest most cluttered room on here, although not small for london lol.

If fact it's so bad I'm embarrassed to supply pics
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Oh just on this post mefor advised to layer varnish over the hand rail on the stairs we only used one coat and after a while the paint starting peeling due to children sliding down the rail amongst other kiddie activities.

So my hubby re stained and varnish as per mefor instructions with layers of varnish on top and it worked a treat !!

No chipping no peeling despite being attacked on a daily basis
  • hollywaterfall
    8 years ago

Sea Breeze!! I am here. Last we "talked" we were just coming out of our winter of snow and cold, now 4 months later we have hot, humidity and the usual storms that come with that combination. It's just as tough to get outside now as it was back then. Us Americans are never satisfied! :P So anyway-would LOVE to help you out again with the deco of the kids room. What exactly are you looking to do? How old are they again? I do remember their issues so we need to keep easy-care, and calming colors in mind. You might want to make a new thread and repost the link here to keep things tidy also.

Sea Breeze thanked hollywaterfall
  • mefor
    8 years ago

Hi ladies :)

I'm up for it, of course!!! You are the only one I'd come to help at any time. Just tell me what we need to do :)

Missed you all, hope everyone's doing well

Sea Breeze thanked mefor
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Oooooh so exciting your here !!
    I'm sure us Brits complain more we had a "heatwave" with temperatures reaching a decade all time high a staggering ..wait for it ...

34 degrees !!!

Emergency services on alert

People passing out,

Train services severely disrupted

Only in England
  • mefor
    8 years ago

Very little preparedness for high temps there, people don't know how to handle it, very few people have air conditioning too. Remembering a few years ago when so many people passed away in France, very unfortunate in this day and age. Hope everyone is more prepared for this as this could happen more often.

What are we looking to do in the Twins room ? :)

Sea Breeze thanked mefor
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Well the twins are actually separated at the mo, the happy jumper is sleeping on a floor mattress in the box room as too much clutter in the twins room, I'll post some pics n forget my pride lol
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Will have to sort thread out later as my pics are posted separately from my new thread and I don't have time to grab the iPad to sort how embarrassing had to post once let alone twice
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    http://houzz.com/discussions/3215280

Here's a link ..
    Let me explain
    Air con ..heatwave lol
    Cross trainer ... Something to make me feel sporty by saying I have one and staring at it ...

Needless to say both can go , and everything else
  • mefor
    8 years ago

Found it and commented

:)

Sea Breeze thanked mefor
  • hollywaterfall
    8 years ago

Bookmarked the new thread.

Sea Breeze thanked hollywaterfall
  • Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Hi it’s been years but I finally did the stairs too
    remember the paint kept peeling finally got the courage to DIY sand it

• Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    2 years ago

back on here and determined for changes, had a blow 6 years ago, took another 6 years to get up

• Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you Mefore and Hollywaterfall forever greatful

• hollywaterfall
    2 years ago

Heeyyy SB! I'm still here. Nice to see you again. Beautiful stairs!

• Sea Breeze
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Your amazing ! I’m seen some of your contributions your soooo good so glad your still here you are a houzz supporting pillar !!! ! The risers are 3D stickers so cheated a bit got tired lol