Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bubbasgma

The Gathering Place...

bubbasgma
9 years ago
...Where Friends Meet.
Pour yourself a cup of kindness and stay awhile. Here we travel the world, share our daily lives and put smiles on faces.

Comments (1.8K)

• Ali
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Mefor, I need to go shopping in my closet for a dress to wear to my sons wedding in Sept. at Greenfield Lake in Wilmington, NC. I may have to do a bit of alterations though. Look how pretty this park is...
  • mefor
    9 years ago
    Don't you just love azaleas when they're done in sweeping swathes like that? That's a beautiful park. :))
    Do you sew? Or have a seamstress that you know of nearby? They can do wonders taking things in, perhaps adding a sash or wrap to fill things out a bit too. :)
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    Ok.
    Yup good idea about new thread...
    post link here

Uluru was CANCELLED! due to foul weather conditions! :(
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    lucky the internet doesn't have dust storms and thunder storms to prevent us going places, ahy! ;D
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    our tour guides.
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    phew.......long walk down.........!
    now for some Traditional Aboriginal tucker;
    - Damper
    - GRUBS
    - Kangeroo meat
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    OK......
    Where did the rest'oll ya lads go?
    Dud'ya'oll fall'a do the big rock....
    ya'oll ok fellas???
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    Ali............
    pst...love your cards! would love to see the X-rated one...! LOL ;D
    My imagination stalled on the Uluru trip! :(
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    pegjustpeg.
    i see you are liking my comments(thnx) - are you not able to comment either(thread to full?!) maybe the tread is to full.
    it took ages for me to upload the pictures and then some wouldn't...
  • pegjustpeg
    9 years ago
    My, just following along with the trip! Enjoying all you and the rest are offering up! I'm presently on hold with a person from Veteran's Administration, for MIL. BORING! But if I hang up, she will never have problem solved.
    IPad loading ok. At times, it will have prob loading a page and try again. All is pretty good, finally that the new updates are working.
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    Oh, ok...!
    For MIL. BORING?! What do you mean?

ok....! yup....!
    Have you ever been to Uluru.!?
  • pegjustpeg
    9 years ago
    Boring being on hold for long time! So that's when I get on thread to travel with you all.
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    actualy i am getting on here ok but it would be typical for me to be totally different than the norm. Can't say as I can keep up though! : ) I have new contacts that I'm not liking too well. Maybe I'll turn them inside out again to hopefully focus better. Y'all are a blurrrrrrr!
  • unwantedadvice
    9 years ago
    If I get on DD's laptop, I have no issues at all, same with my thread when it was active. Would you believe autocorrect won't autocorrect kaffee..... I never can spell I correctly!!! Stoopid autocorrect.
  • mefor
    9 years ago
    Trying this again
    Look at the size of these azaleas, they're in Calloway Gardens, Pine Mountain, Georgia :)
  • mefor
    9 years ago
    Another pic from there
  • BLee
    9 years ago
    But we are not in Georgia ... No time to read today, as knee is letting me clean the kitchen. Please do not try to visualize what a kitchen looks (and feels) like with only minimal wiping up for 4 months and a potent bottle of carbonated apple cider, half of which coated one wall upon opening.

So, my new boots!
  • bubbasgma
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Nice BOOTS, BLee...probably not appropriate footwear for kitchen cleaning or sightseeing tho!

Beautiful Azaleas, Mefor! Can you imagine!
  • bubbasgma
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Ali...After we finish touring the States, we'll need to head overseas?!
  • Ali
    9 years ago
    Mefor, beautiful azaleas! We have a sign here that reads...
  • Ali
    9 years ago
    BLee, now that's my kind of boots!
  • Ali
    9 years ago
    Mpa, you're a wonderful tour guide! Thank you for the day trip...felt like I was there.
  • Ali
    9 years ago
    Bubba, the world awaits us...
  • Ali
    9 years ago
    Hi AuntieB, why yes turn those contacts inside out! I have trifocals and have my zoom set on 125! Talk about blind! LOL
  • Ali
    9 years ago
    Peg, one ringy dingy...your call is very important to us--we are experiencing a high volume of calls and your call will be answered in the ordered in which it was received. Your wait time is 67 minutes, please hold for the next available operator. (translation...govt. operator is eating cheese curls, gets paid $27.50 per hr., works 9-5 and has every holiday, school holiday and week-ends off.)
    bubbasgma thanked Ali
  • fissfiss
    9 years ago
    Okay, so you just activated the beatch....trying to make national park reservations today, effing form would not take my mailing address...you know, the one that has to match your credit card address? After one has typed in EVERYTHING!! Had to call the 800 number, and the woman was not apologetic at all....seriously, can't the Federal Government find someone competent to subcontract their park concessions to?
    bubbasgma thanked fissfiss
  • bubbasgma
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Keyword: Subcontract
  • Ali
    9 years ago
    Hahahahaha...like I was saying! One ringy dingy. And the beat goes on and on and on...
  • bubbasgma
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    New thread in 5...4...
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    Thnz Ali.
    Could ave done better, but thought no one was joining me so, gave up and cleaned my house instead!
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    ........3..............2...........1.........ZERO!
  • bubbasgma
    Original Author
    9 years ago
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    one.............hurry up!!!!!
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    your so sweet Pegjustpeg...! Liking all my comments!
    Your still not on the ph are you??????
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    wooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo
  • liasch
    9 years ago
    Uhhh...where are we???
  • bubbasgma
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Licksch!

We had trouble "loading" our devices....we've started a "new chapter"...
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/the-gathering-place-chapter-2-dsvw-vd~2758566
  • Ali
    9 years ago
    THREAD CONTINUED HERE:

SEE YOU THERE!!!! ---------------->>>>>>>>
  • janbhan
    9 years ago
    dropping in to say hi, today is another jam-packed day. yesterday was the sangeet - a song-and-dance get-together where the two families get to know each other a little better.
    Today is the mehndi, when we get lovely designs all over our hands, followed by lunch, followed by more designs for those that didn't get them before, followed by tea. Boy's side on;ly, the girl has her own ceremony. Then we go for a play and a birthdayparty. I am hoping to get in half and hour's nap...
  • bubbasgma
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    THREAD CONTINUED HERE:

SEE YOU THERE!!!! ---------------->>>>>>>>
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    Ali and Bubba.
    They take us to the same place. What is the go?!
    ???
    lol
  • BLee
    9 years ago
    Help, I don't know where you wonderful people are ... For that matter I am not sure where I am. My inner tube deflated and refuses to accept any air at all unless I get something done in real life. So, started on the bedroom, still crammed with stuff needing attention after moving my office. A heavy front of room carton now empty, lots to recycle and a few important things found, notably the deed to my condo - also a bunch of stamps for my brothers collection, some sentimental items for my partner's daughter, a few photos from 60s I am happy to have for my album, a large print map of Portland for the car, and my mother's grade school pictures. Will catch up with you all on Sunday.
  • bubbasgma
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    We're over here in Chapter 2 now, BLee!

THREAD CONTINUED HERE:
  • janbhan
    9 years ago
    back....exhausted. We saw the California daughter and her family off at the airport, and went home to bed. I think we slept at 2.30 am. I pulled down all the blinds, so we both slept till about 8 am. Spent the morning watching the Republic Day parade on TV, having coffee, dozing off... then GD arrived, toting a huge bag. Homework, she said. My daughter had gone to office. So we had lunch, hubby went for a nap, and I supervised GD's printing out of biology homework. 73 pages! I gave her an old file cover and the punch. Then I found some separators. Then I produced a pen. Now we are in business to get the bio homework done! She is a reluctant homeworker, alas. Now I shall make noises like a grandmother and insist that she sits down to finish her work.
    More tomorrow, but I need to have a nap myself.
  • bubbasgma thanked pegjustpeg
  • PRO
    Diseño y Desarrolo Web Peru
    9 years ago

Diseño y Desarrolo Web Peru
    <a href="http://bitsfire.com/ancash/chimbote">Diseño Web</a>

• bubbasgma
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Sweet memories. I <3 you, Ali cat.