Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jcusery

kitchen renovation

jcusery
11 years ago
Remodeled kitchen. Our house was built in 1994. We had oak cabinets, laminate counter tops. Appliances were black glass, refrigerator was bone white. We kept most of the cabinets and had them painted white, then a brown glaze. Changed from a drop-in range to a built in oven and stove top. We added a stainless steel vent hood. We raised the bar behind the sink, added granite counter tops, tile back splash, new black granite sink, and stainless steel appliances.

Comments (7)

• Diane
    11 years ago
    I think you did a great job! Did you paint the cabinets yourself and if so which brand and color?
  • This is... my last project... Maybe.
    11 years ago
    Did you paint the cabinets brown first, then white then sand off? Technique? Results are just wonderful. We have a 90's kitchen, but stainless appliances, but we move next year and my husband doesn't want to put in any more money before we move out. Our kitchen is huge kitchen with lots of cabinets so too much to change economically. Congratulations on your project.
  • Marcia
    11 years ago
    It looks great! I too would love to know your technique if you did this yourself! Thanks!
  • jcusery
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Cabinets were painted by a local cabinet maker. The color is sherwim Williams extra white, interior latex, semi- gloss.. The glaze is van dyke brown (not sure of brand but probably sherwim Williams also). He painted them white first then glazed, followed by sealer. With the oak, you still see the grain even after being painted, but I am happy with them. I would like some suggestion on new accessories. I used a lot of red before but that no longer works.
  • PRO
    PoshHaus
    11 years ago
    Major improvement!
  • This is... my last project... Maybe.
    11 years ago
    Are you still going to display the pottery on top of the cabinetry? Maybe the glass decanters that you displayed before do not blend well anymore but almost any color will work, except not purple for a kitchen. But red could work.
  • jcusery
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I am not planning to put a lot of stuff on top of cabinets. I am going to go for a simpler look at least for now. Red just doesn't look good any more.