Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ldoto

Is that Tempered glass backsplash? And did they Paint a color on back of the glass or wall? thanks

ldoto
11 years ago
Is that Tempered glass backsplash? And did they Paint a color on back of the glass or wall? thanks
Sea Cliff · More Info

Comments (21)

• aquatime
    10 years ago
    I would also like to know this. Very nice.
  • momma2cats
    10 years ago
    I would like to know about the glass backsplash also, please.
  • prjellicoe
    10 years ago
    Yes, could you please please advise us where/how we can install a similar backsplash?
  • rkuyumjian
    10 years ago
    also interested in this great looking glass backsplash- could you please provide more details about it?
  • Kaye Dalton
    10 years ago
    Trying to find companies that handle this is like pulling teeth! I know the glass is tempered. I know they paint the back of the glass first, I know they use a silicone to adhere but does anyone know if there is a company in NC that actually sells this product?
  • rkisaacs
    10 years ago
    Broadway Kitchens sells element Designs glass
  • PRO
    Cast Glass Images Inc.
    9 years ago
    We provide custom cast glass backsplashes. Custom color, custom textures etc.
  • Ana Holmes
    9 years ago
    Yes the glass used for backsplash is painted in the back, tempered, and the thickness has to be at least 8mm or 1 cm...
  • momma2cats
    9 years ago
    Thank you!
  • PRO
    Specialty Architectural Products, LLC
    9 years ago
    NE Ohio plant that ships world wide. The typical backsplash thickness is 1/4" or 6mm. It can be tempered or annealed in a residential area. We prefer to see tempered. Guenther premium silicone is best for adherence. We use specially formulated SW paints to coat the glass. We would coordinate with a local glazing contractor if we aren't able to install ourselves.
  • momma2cats
    9 years ago
    Thank you for this information! Does anyone in the Denver, CO area do this kind of backsplash work?
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    any competent glazier can measure, order and install. The only tricky portion is measuring and documenting around window sills, etc. at time they may have to cut in the field. This is why annealed glass is much easier to work with for back splashes in the kitchen area.
  • momma2cats
    9 years ago
    Thank you for this information!
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    We have experience working with Dreamwalls' products.
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    9 years ago
    Try googling GlassKote, another manufacturer of this process. In NY I know there is Manhattan Shade & Glass, but there are others.
  • benbow123
    9 years ago
    Has anyone installed a matte glass backsplash?
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    9 years ago
    I've seen it done, but it shows up fingerprints and oils much more as it is usually an acid etched surface.
  • PRO
    Cast Glass Images Inc.
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    @benbow123 there are two processes that can provide for a matte look; acid etched or frosted. "Frosted" glass is done with sandblasting the glass with an abrasive material to "frost" the surface of the glass. This process is not suitable for backsplashes or what you would consider high-traffic areas as it picks up fingerprints etc and is difficult to clean. "Acid Etched" glass is sort of a "fine frosted" process that involves an acid-application. It's fairly easy to clean and does provide a matte-look and can be used for backsplashes.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    numerous times also in similar commercial applications.
    Agree with what was said above. the only thing i would add is that sandblasted glass can be protected with a seal coat. With normal cleaning this coat will survive for about three years.

There is another process, but it may be difficult to obtain for a low volume residential project - ceramic frit full coverage coating. It will not stain. In a residential environment it will keep its appearance for decades.
  • Gayle Anne
    4 years ago

Anyone know of a place in Philadelphia?