Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trenaluke

Any reviews on Evoke flooring?

trenaluke
9 years ago

We are looking to put laminate in our basement living room. Trying to decide between Evoke, Mannington and Shaw. Any thoughts?

Comments (41)

• trenaluke
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think it's made by Kentwood?

• gaberzo
    9 years ago
    Our builder uses Armstrong and Evoke laminates, I did lots or research on the AC ratings and thickness for both brands and while they were both great (AC3/4) the gentleman with Evoke was way more responsive and overall professional. I went with Evoke (Edith) based on both quality and customer service. That being said, my home is still under construction so I have no idea if I like the floors yet!
  • Lara Hof
    7 years ago
    Did you end up liking your Evoke floor?
  • shields_72
    7 years ago
    Gaberzo - How do you like your Evoke flooring? Any issues?
  • Christine Wilson
    6 years ago

@gaberzo How are you liking your Evoke flooring?

• User
    6 years ago

Ours has chipped badly over the 4 years we've had it. And we are by no means hard on flooring. Not covered by warranty (and I can guess why). Regret choice and will need to replace it pretty soon. Pretty expensive for the few years we're going to get out of it.

• dwiesinger
    5 years ago

Our evoke floor was just insatlled in 2nd bathroom which is not even finished yet (cabinets come this week) and it is fading and already looks bad.. I am dreading the conversation with dealer as I am sure they will find way not to cover it.. there is only one window in this room and I have cleaned them just once with small amount of water.. We also purchased luxuray vinyl from Johonson Hardwood for our master and they are awesome.. I would buy those again.. but would not buy this Evoke product avoid its to delicate imo

• User
    5 years ago

I have Evoke Laminate, the "Wendell" color/pattern, installed on my entire first floor, covering the living room, hallway, and dining room. It was installed nearly 3 years ago. I have three male roommates and 2 active dogs living in my home. My roommates are local kayak guides and often come home with sand covered shoes and gear, which occasionally gets trekked inside. I also have a gravel walk to my front door, so sometimes those rocks get stuck in shoes and also make it inside.

I have not had a single problem with the Evoke laminate flooring! In fact, I've been so pleased with it I'm thinking of tearing out my upstairs carpet and installing Evoke in the rest of the house.

It's handled everything extremely well. It's easy to sweep, vacuum, and yes, even steam mop. I don't use any rugs on them, but it has held up very well to all the foot traffic and furniture movement. The dining room chairs and counter stools get slid back and forth on the flooring all the time as they're used, but they haven't damaged the floor either. I have not found even one chip. Our dogs drip water or drool on it after they get a drink and it hasn't damaged anything either.

I don't use any special cleaning stuff either. I sweep/vacuum up clumps of dog hair as they appear, and if I notice a spot of food or something on it, I'll hit with a spritz of Mr. Clean and a rag. I steam mop the whole floor about once a month with my Shark steam mop. Works great! Simple and fast.

My next door neighbors, who've come over when we socialize now and then, liked it so much, they installed the Evoke Laminate "Ruth" color/pattern in their own home two years ago! And they say they love it. And they have two young, active children and a large puppy. So, suffice to say, this flooring can definitely hold up to regular wear and tear activities. I could see being worried if, say, someone clomped across it in bike cleats or soccer cleats. But normal walking around? No sweat. I'd DEFINITELY recommend Evoke Laminate flooring.

I didn't have a photo of my floor when I wrote this, but I'd be happy to take some if anyone is interested.

• Sophia Fanous
    5 years ago

Yes please.....I would love to see a photo or two. Thank you

• Dionne M
    5 years ago

I'd also love to see pictures, too. Thanks.

• Cathey Stearns
    5 years ago

I would also Love to see pics?

• John Aaberg
    5 years ago

Yes pictures please

• fall50
    5 years ago

Christine do you recall how much you paid per sqft for the material? Also did you look at other manufactures?

• Sarah
    5 years ago

We selected the evoke “Edward” laminate flooring for our home that we moved into just under a year ago. We have had nothing but problems with the flooring since the first time we washed the floors. I don’t know what cleaning solution the builder used prior to us moving in but those couple weeks were the only time the floors looked good. After cleaning the floors with warm water alone, the $60 cleaning kit Evoke recommended and a dish soap/water mix that the supplier recommended during an in home visit we are still left with murky looking floors. The floors show every spot, every mop line and over all have a cloudy and murky appearance. I am constantly embarrassed when guests come over and end up explaining that although the floors were just cleaned they unfortunately don't look like it. It’s very frustrating. We have our one year warranty inspection next month and I am going to push for something to be done to fix this situation. Floors are not an inexpensive product and they should hold up better than ours have. I would not recommend Evoke laminate flooring to anyone given our situatuon (and we have had laminate previously that we loved and had no troubles with). I wish we never selected their product.

• HU-913498789
    5 years ago

We were considering putting Evoke in our home 600 sq ft of it, but I am having second thoughts after reading the reviews. Can anyone recommend a better flooring besides wood?

• alannafe
    5 years ago

I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND Evoke flooring. It looks really nice initially but we've had it in for about 2 years and it has not held up well at all-- it seems to do "OK" in some places and terrible in most places, so may be a manufacturing/quality issue. We are looking at replacing it.

@HU-913498789- I've heard lots of good thing about Vinyl Plank flooring, and if part of it gets damaged they are also easy to replace! (This is what we're leaning towards now)

• Dana Pittman Morissette
    4 years ago

Did you use the evoke Laminate? or there VCC line?

• HU-126756491
    4 years ago

That is what I would like to know. Laminate or VCC?

• Andrea
    4 years ago

@Christine Wilson your floors look beautiful! We are also considering the Evoke Heath VCC for our first floor (kitchen, living room, bathroom, hallways). Now that you have had yours for over a year, how is it holding up? Do you still recommend it? Thank you!

• PRO
    Pink Elephant Home
    4 years ago
    VCC is a different product!
  • Jennifer Junig
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

We have had Evoke vinyl composite core or VCC for a year now. We chose the color Mike. We like it so far, and do not see any chipping or damage yet. Have 3 kids and no pets. Haven't use any special cleaner on it. Just lightly misted with water and Dawn using special O Cedar mop. I hope it lasts..

• brentframe
    3 years ago

I would avoid Evoke flooring. We bought a new build home with Evoke flooring (Jess). We are experiencing an issue where the planks are shrinking in length causing the gaps to widen. They sent a manufacturer rep to our home who confirmed the issue in person. They told us we should hear back in about two weeks with a plan for resolution. So far it’s been 5 weeks and we haven’t heard anything. It’s also not holding up well to scratches.

• Pam Thinnes
    3 years ago

Can anyone comment on evoke vinyl plank flooring please? I am seeing a lot of reviews for the laminate but how about the vinyl. I am looking at a product that is bridge walnut color and the name of the piece is Fraser.

• Jennifer Junig
    3 years ago

We have had luxury vinyl plank in Mike for over a year now. I really like the color. It seems to be holding up fine. Only concern is the planks on a few spots have shifted, and now theres a small gap between a few of them. But I'm not sure if it was the installer to blame, or the actual product.

• HU-9214043
    3 years ago

thanks Jennifer...this helps

• HU-9214043
    3 years ago

is the evoke product you mentioned a laminate or a vinyl?

• HU-9214043
    3 years ago

was the evoke product you used a luxury vinyl or laminate product please?

• Sharon Hall
    2 years ago

We have a new build with Evoke, Metropolitan, Lana color, vinyl composite core. We are barely moved in and hear some clicking and some hollow places. Is this part of the normal "settling in" for this floor? Looks good, but the sounds are weird!

• Amanda Ancheta
    2 years ago

I just went in person to a vendor and they recommended the SPC product - which is supposed to be a cross between their vinyl and laminate with the best properties of each type being present in this product. I got to bring home some pieces and it seems so sturdy and so much nicer than the stuff I see at Home Depot or Lowe’s.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular evoke product?

I’m seeing more talk of their laminate and straight vinyl product here, so hoping this is a better product because I’m at a loss for other options. Just looking for some good quality vinyl planks that hold up well.

• Sharon Hall
    2 years ago

Update: Clicking sound is a problem. Faulty installation & connectors are breaking. Entire flooring must be replaced. May see about using a different LVP…

• Sharon Johnston
    2 years ago

We love our flooring, Evoke- Fraser. We have had so many good comments on it. It was the right choice for us and our 5 cats. I just turn my robot vacuum loose and the flooring looks beautiful. Fraser scrubs up nice and pretty. We are adding it to our 3 bedrooms very soon. 2021

• S Pendleton
    2 years ago

DO NOT buy this brand!! It doesn't hold up. I have several spots delaminating and edges coming up. The company will NOT stand behind their product.

• Kelsey Wokke
    last year

We were advised to go with Evoke vinyl flooring when we removed the carpet before moving into our condo in September 2020. Within days of the install, scratches were already present just from carefully moving in furniture. A few days after we moved in, a set of keys was dropped from a pocket that dented the floor and removed the layer of "wood" showing the white material underneath. This allowed us to see how little of the faux wood was on the surface, meaning every scratch or dent would show white, a stark contrast against the dark flooring. A few months after move in, the pieces started to creak every time we walked over certain areas, eventually shifting and cracking. We have since had a baby who is now mobile, and she is literally picking at cracked pieces of the planks and trying to eat it. Needless to say, we are having to replace the floor again after less than two years. We have already attempted to repair sections by caulking the pieces together and using various wood stains to try and cover the white, but the solution has been temporary. Such a waste of time and money as we now have to move out to replace it.

• HU-295341385
    last year

We installed Evoke LVP on the entire first floor two years ago. Overall it seems to be holding up well - except in front of our sliding glass door. Within six months of installation, the flooring there warped. The MFR's rep came out and said it was the sun heating the floor and the warranty says the floor can't be warmed up much beyond 80° F. The rep offered to help pay for the repair but never did and only gave us the run around. Replacement of a small area can require replacing an entire room. We were lucky and found a flooring man who knew how to fit pieces in (much like a puzzle). We have also had a few spots where the seams have separated as others have mentioned. The sales people sell this floor as bullet proof - it's not. It's actually a pretty delicate, yet expensive flooring option with no support from the manufacturer. If you decide to install this flooring, choose your location very carefully!

• HU-6933908
    last year

We installed evoke ”luxury” vinyl flooring a few months. It is already chipping and cracking, there are scratches and places where it already seems warped. The rep came, said it was an installation issue and did nothing. Interestingly, we had the same installers for our prevuos floor that lasted 15 years with zero issues. I would NOT recommend this brand

• James Tate
    last year

im an installer 15 years. Evoke flooring is junk flooring! peaking seams, fading, bowed pieces. Poor locking system! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

• HU-565499732
    11 months ago

Has anybody had problems with Evoke vinyl nosing?

I used Evoke "Don" and the install went well but the nosing started to swell shortly after.

Initially thought the veneer was peeling of but the nosing has actually changed shape.

Supplier said they don't know why, but its "not their fault" even though they are replacing the nosing at no charge.

So i'm stuck with the cost of reinstalling 27 stairs.

Wondering if anyone else had this problem?

• Paul Lopez
    11 months ago

I had the Evoke, Andrew installed in 2020 and then completed the remaining renovations in 2021, during the renovations a few planks were scratched or dented but the installer was able to replace the scratched and dented planks with new ones. The floor was not clued down but instead floated due to HOA requirements. I also have an 85lbs dog, that loves to play with his toys and run around the condo. No complaints, only compliments, the floor starts the conversation as soon as you walk through the front door, they look AWESOME!

• Lee Pritchard
    3 months ago

Bad all around! 2500 sq feet showed up with defective finish markings on every single plank.. hundreds if not thousands of planks all with the same marks… Evoke told me to scrub them with acetone?????

finally agreed to take it back bit i had to reload two pallets of flooring by hand and return it… Then the new shipment got “stuck”? at their warehouse over an hour away and i had to go get it with my own pick-up and on my dime…. it has never once looked clean after trying a half dozen different cleaners. even the ones they recommended… every time my kids drop anything hard it chips… luxury??? No!

• HU-868766491
    12 days ago

We had evoke flooring installed and it crackles when you walk on it, my flooring sounds terrible. Waiting on the manufacturer to decide what to do but I dont have high hopes of getting this issue resolved