kitchen & family room

purple713
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
Opinions?

Comments (10)

• charleee
    11 years ago
    Very nice! Your space looks huge. How about adding a few green plants to soften all the hard lines?
  • Jayme H.
    11 years ago
    Artwork needed/Color accents needed as in: colorful objects on countertops. Your neutral scheme means accents in almost any colors will work. Do u like bright colors?
  • Christine Mitchell
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Gorgeous large space. However, you need to position the sectional so that it is right in front of the fireplace (move a little to the right). Plus, you should pull the sectional back so that just the front feet are on the rug, or move off the rug completely. I would put that table that's underneath the window instead behind the sofa back (the side that's facing the fireplace. Big, dramatic, tall piece of artwork for over the fireplace. Love your chandelier over the table, but would put something dramatic like a piece of glass artwork on the table instead of a fruit bowl. Window moldings are beautiful, so don't cover those up with whatever window treatments you choose. Add some greenery with plants, and pick an accent color for pillows, artwork, etc. Great space.
  • Jayme H.
    11 years ago
    Is the t.v.going over the fireplace? Thought I saw on outlet.
  • A C
    11 years ago
    This is similar to what I plan to do with my place. I will have a wood table in the kitchen. I'd like to break, having so much wood. Definitely, add more color and greenery to balance out everything.

I love it!
  • purple713
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks for ideas. We moved in last week and still need to hang pictures and buy more furniture etc (for entire house).
  • lisalovesquilts
    11 years ago
    I like the wall colour, warm and inviting. Your dining table is great, it looks very sturdy. The counter top is fabulous- so big. Maybe while you're pondering other more permanent fixtures you should try various flower filled vases and see how different colours work in your room. (I like any excuse to buy flowers.) Lovely place you have there.
  • A C
    11 years ago
    Do you have pictures of your cabinetry and backsplash?
  • PRO
    KDG DESIGN LLC
    11 years ago
    Your windows should be dressed - large patterned black & white drapes to the floor will set off your paint color & soften the space. Add a cool ceramic large platter to display fruit on the counter. A few plants also good.