Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hhamilton8

Du chateau floors look anywhere from dark grey to yellowish depending on the photo. Why? Same finish? I

hhamilton8
11 years ago
1512 Dolphin Terrace · More Info

Comments (24)

• PRO
    Spinnaker Development
    11 years ago
    We've noticed the same problem with this product. There colors can be very inconsistent from time to time. We have not used this product since... Keep in mind that most professional photography is retouched and product colors are never accurately portrayed in photos.
  • hhamilton8
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you for your response. May I ask what product your use instead? It is just this particular floor finish or all DuChateau floors? I am about to make a big purchase so I would appreciate your input.
  • jmaurry
    11 years ago
    It would be great if you could recommend what engineered floor (preferably oil finish) that has this similar look- I'm going for a brownish light to mid tone with a slight cast of gray. Something timeless, not too trendy. Having a very hard time finding another product similar to Du Chateau Lugano or Vernal Antique white oil finish. Don't need the whitewash, just the color. Thanks so much! We are looking to get 2000 sq ft so are trying to get this right!
  • Deane Strong
    11 years ago
    I was going with Du Chateau till I came accross Bella Cita. This is my choice.
  • hhamilton8
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I too found Bella Citta. Which floor did you choose?
  • jmaurry
    11 years ago
    Thanks- promising! I found their website but don't see a distributor list - where can I see a board? What is price per sq ft?
  • jmaurry
    11 years ago
    Bella Citta is only distributed in the south east area of the states, and there is no way to see a board to be able to order. Bummer, because they have a lot of really nice looking choices. If anyone has access to see a board, do they have something that looks like Du Chateau Vernal Antique White? The rep told me that their "Sorrento" is the closest to the Lugano color.
  • nanalovesdesign
    11 years ago
    I am also looking at DuChateau, live in MN, why can we not see a sample of the Bella Cita? I ordered a large section of the Du Chateau Riverstone collection Danube handscraped oiled European white oak, it is stunning. Was decided between that and St. Moritz but Danube was not so white, why do you recommend the other? This is my first time getting wood floors and wood appreciate any help, I have 2500 sq. ft so dont want to make a mistake.
    Here is the large sample I received of the Danube
  • nanalovesdesign
    11 years ago
    By the way, I love the "inconsistency" Its not so matchy match, and gives great depth, that why I ordered a large sample to see that it wasn't all the same boards throughout.
  • nanalovesdesign
    11 years ago
    By the way jmaurry, this floor has a lot of gray, my picture does not do it justice, thats what I was looking for, and not easy to find. just enough touches of gray. The whitewash does not show through, and the handscraping gives it much depth.
  • jmaurry
    11 years ago
    The Danube is stunning. We decided on Vernal Antique White, it has a grayish color from the smoking and whitewash, but not an overly white appearance. We also wanted more uniformity (select grade of wood). The Danube and Chateau collections are character grade so they have more knots. Those are beautiful too, but we were going for a more modern look. We had the opportunity to see Vernal Antique white installed in a home and it was really beautiful. The one downside to this one is that it is smooth, and so it doesn't have the texture. If they had that, I would have gone for that. The flooring is just so far above anything I've ever seen I am excited to have it in my home!
  • rmukamal
    10 years ago
    I have also fallen in love with the Bella Citta floors--Sorrento--and am close to selecting them for my home in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Has anyone installed these floors, and, if so, how are they holding up, and how cumbersome is the maintenance (reapplication of oil)?
  • nanalovesdesign
    10 years ago
    i have the same question as rmukamal. I was told by an installer there could be a problem with the wax building up with the reapplication on the DuChateau. i have not ordered yet, but getting very close. Would love to know of someone who has had them a long time.
  • cocoabeachfam
    10 years ago
    I love the bella citta sorento - a sample sitting in my house right now...but I can almost swear the French Connection - French Oak vintage white wash is the exact same product. I can't quite tell b/c the sample is a little smaller. I also think the DuChateau St. Moritz is very close...wanted to see the Lugano but dealer didn't have sample. Can't decide. Did any of you install one of these? Pictures please! Comments?
  • nanalovesdesign
    10 years ago
    We had the Danube DuChateu floors installed last week. They are stunning! I will post a picture when I get the rest of the remodel completed . Here is one picture . We went with them because they had more grey highlights than other floors and were recommended
  • PRO
    Eutree
    10 years ago
    Hi All,
    A similar look can be achieved by a good installer and may save you some $$ vs buying name brand pre-finished.

Monocoat makes products that can be applied after installation to achieve the different degrees of the DuChateu look.

http://www.bobvila.com/articles/wood-floors-go-gray/#.UwOwNftoi4p

If I can help anyone by providing samples of wide plank white oak flooring I will be happy to do so. Just email me at sims@eutree.com.
  • cocoabeachfam
    10 years ago
    Thanks for responding! Also anyone have any pictures of their projects using the St. Tropez from Du Chateau.
  • capone8686
    10 years ago
    Does anyone have pics of the Bella Citta Sorrento Floor in their home? I am having trouble deciding. Thank you
  • tinker_2006
    8 years ago

Anyone yet have the Bella Citta Sorrento installed? This is my first pick, I'd love to see it! I have a concern with this flooring.. I have 2 samples from 2 stores in my home, side by side and the color looked completely different. One was much more brown in color.

• coriwulf
    7 years ago
    These are the DuChateau Saint Moritz European Oak Floors.
  • Lori Shumate
    7 years ago

We ordered DuChateau Lugano and it looks more beige than gray. We haven't put it down yet and will post photos when we do.

• Renee Burns-Lois
    7 years ago

Has anyone had any issues with the haziness seen in some of the photos? Specifically for DuChateau St. Moritz?

• brendan_dragann
    6 years ago
    What is the price range of Du Chateau flooring?