Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltcv28

Help with wall and furniture

ltcv28
11 years ago
Hello. I need help with what to put on this large, tall wall and what furniture to add. The fireplace sits at kind of an odd angle so placement of furniture could be arranged better if you have a good idea. I like the chairs by the fireplace because it seems to warm up the large open concept. Thanks so much!

Comments (21)

• ltcv28
    Original Author
    11 years ago
  • PRO
    Engrav's Decorating
    11 years ago
    There are a few ideas for your big wall. What do you think?
  • Dar Eckert
    11 years ago
    Hello! I agree that you need to move the sofa back a little then get a love seat to put on the right of the sofa like an L. Don't put it against the wall angle it 90 degrees from the sofa. Remove the small chair from that side of the fireplace and place in grouping with the other one on the window side of the fireplace. Get a large artwork or decorative screen for the large wall.
  • PRO
    Interiors International, Inc.
    11 years ago
    I agree with Barbara Griffith Designs she is spot on and usually is. She has amazingly good taste. I love the looks of her work.
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    11 years ago
    III..Thank you for your very kind words.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    @Barbara Griffith Designs I mean every word. I really respect the talent you display in you designs.
  • PRO
    Creations Nadia Interior Design
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Most of the time i like an idea to have TV over the Fire place: somehow here it doesn't agree with me. I would move TV to the adjacent wall placing it in a wall unit :)))
  • amgraham
    11 years ago
    why does the wall have so many switches?? i would move the tv onto a table against the wall
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Again, I still agree with Barbara Griffith Designs.
  • ltcv28
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Hello again. I have updated pictures. Thanks for the tips. 2 of the outlets are for the fireplace and the others are for speakers. The tv has a border around with audio video cables behind it so it would be harder to change that, i think. The space is an odd layout so i appreciate any tips on space design, idea of what to put on large wall and what other furniture to add or curtains, etc. i just ordered some brown and cream beautiful pillows from zgallerie too. Thanks so much for your ideas.
  • ltcv28
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    These are the pillows. I got 3. One for chair and half. 2 for sofa. Will that work or do i need more? Thanks!
  • groveraxle
    11 years ago
    Better arrangement, but all your tables are out of reach. Can you move the little end table to the space between the chair-and-a-half and the window? Move the coffee table closer to the sofa. Take the two small chairs that used to be by the fireplace and place them to the left of the sofa with a table in between.

Then you need to address that big blank wall. First, I would paint all those switchplates the same color as the wall. Then place a console table with large art or a grouping of art above.

Finally, your new pillows are fine, but I think you could use a punch of color. A bright turquoise or red or perhaps a chartreuse in a pillow or a vase or art. Something to relieve the brown.
    Interior Design - Residential Photography · More Info
  • ltcv28
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks
  • ltcv28
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    What other chair would be good? The green ones are in dining room now. Best layout? I have accents if green through the home, i could add more green or a different color? I also thought about adding stone veneer behind fireplace?? What accents would be good next to fireplace? Thanks!
  • ltcv28
    Original Author
    11 years ago
  • ltcv28
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    What do you think?
  • ltcv28
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I appreciate any other help on layout or what furniture to add. Thank you
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    11 years ago
    Hello again, a big improvement so far. I would add a fairly large patterned rug in the sofa area with several colors besides brown & beige..no more brown. The pillow you chose is great..but only use one..find additional pillows..all different..with COLOR. New longer drapery (95-96") hug as high as possible..don't pinch them together at the top as in picture...choose something in an off white. natural linen color or such. Replace tables..they are too whimpy. This is a large space and it needs more bulk, so look for end tables that are bulkier..maybe a small trunk..etc. same for coffee table area..maybe 2 cubes..dark red leather?? Rule..every seat needs a place to set a glass. Maybe the sofa could be pulled a little more to the right to allow a pair chairs not the old ones and not the one there now..one into the current chair corner and one in front of the window closer to the fireplace to allow for conversation. They should be separated by a table with a lamp.The room should be not just for TV watching. I will address THE WALL next.
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    11 years ago
    THE WALL needs to equal the scale of the fireplace/TV. Look at this piece for the wall http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Bufford_Cabinet/910/ Above it hang this mirror http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Harmony-Distressed-Black-Windowpane-Mirror/5400917/product.html On each side of mirror stack 2 pieces of art (4 pieces total) of something you like. On the console, if no children, maybe a large tray with bottles of alcohol..glasses..ice bucket...etc. to be used as a bar. Or not. A tall green plant in the room as well.
  • PRO
    Julie Dailey Art
    11 years ago
    A large piece of art would really pop out the room. I have recently completed a few pieces and also work on commisssion. Please contact me at julie@jul313.com and visit my web page as well www.jul313.com