Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
d3sp

Rug and coffee table for room

d3sp
10 years ago
Need help choosing a rug for this room. Attaching pictures of some I like. Also, think I need a different coffee table but I don't know what type to put in the space. I know what I want to go on the coffee table and will attach a picture. If anyone has any other suggestions please share them. Thanks

Comments (705)

• d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    The week before Easter. I have to be back the Monday after Easter.
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I taught 6th grade forever and thought I was in love with that age group. Maybe being a grandma now helped make this an easy transition, but you can TRULY see this age group LEARN! And they are soooo loving. I was reading a story today and one little boy was just soooo excited to see the picture better, so he just got up and came and looked at it closer and then hugged me since he was right there. None of the kids hollered and told him to move or thought they should get up, too.
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Carolyn now I'm worrying that I have it wrong so I will check my calendar in morning. They change it every year
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    So true! They are eager too! I've spent most of my career with 3 to 5 yr old. One year I was the SLP for junior high and I enjoyed that too. Also occasionally work with birth to three too on the side. I prefer this age tho. Also love the breaks working with the schools bc it gives me time with my family.
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    10 years ago
    Let me know the dates and we can work it out.
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I'll check first thing in the morning. I think that's it but I want to be sure. (:
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    It is a perfect profession for family time! My husband is in education, too, so it was extra nice for us with those breaks.
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Yes that so great to be off together. Also gives you an opportunity to do some traveling during the summer. Yep live is good with the time off. (:
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    Good morning ladies :-) Donna, I upload the image to editor (file, new, empty file) and then I change the size in pixels to over a thousand.
    The blue chair was from Homedecorators, but it's 21" wide.
    d3sp thanked Carolina
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    I like the antique chairs Carolyn found.
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks Carolins!!
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks Carolins for the picture and info(:
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Carolyn my spring break is the week before Easter I have to be back the Monday after Easter . Let me know if that will work. Thanks
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Yes, I'll be in town that week and so far am busy only on Tuesday. Why don't you email me specific dates?
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Carolins, thanks so much for showing the table with the chairs. I think they work very well together and hope that Donna is able to buy them!
  • Darzy
    10 years ago
    The table and chairs Carolyn found look great together.
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Carolyn this is 195.00 in Austin do you like?
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    No, it appears to be a dining table and too big for a game table. Was the other one sold?
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    It's sold by chairsh need to sign up with them to get info. I will and see
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I have to figure out how to make an offer. I call them bc it says you can chance and I can't figure out what shipping would be. I tried this the other day and gave up so I will call them for help
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    The table would cost 395.00 to be shipped to Gulfport plus 300.00. Something to consider but I think I can find a table and chairs for that amount. Here is a table I found in Lafayette la it is 31 w 28 h 15 d and 30 d unfolded.
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    It is 395.00 Duncan Phyfe
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    What a shame about the high shipping charge. Your UPS man must be getting some fancy haircuts!

The Lafayette table is a possibility, tho I'm not thrilled so I hope you'll keep looking. Did you see any chairs? You can have a fun time visiting all the antique shops within 60 miles! Or you can email them. How far is Baton Rouge?
    d3sp thanked Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
  • kcooz07
    10 years ago
    That's what I was thinking too...the shipping. Do you have any nice consignment shops in your area?
    d3sp thanked kcooz07
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Baton Rouge is 120 miles. The lady is looking for chairs to go with the table so we will see. I can look at the antique stores here.
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Kooz07 yes I think have to look around. It's a rainy day here so I'm not inclined to get out but will go another day. There are several stores here to look plus New Orleans too. Just need to do some shopping(:
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Kcooz07 love your kitty what's his/her name
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Yes we do have some nice consignment shops here. The one I'm in most frequently is "Design with Consignment". You could call them and inquire. I'll await your report on your local antique stores. I bet they may have just what you need, or at least will be highly motivated to help you find something. You could show them the photos of what you like.

It would be interesting to know what the shipping charge would be on the 4 chairs.
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Yea I don't know have to out . I can give your store a call too bc they can email me pictures
  • kcooz07
    10 years ago
    Thanks Donna, his name is Rudy and we also have his sister Betsy.
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    That's great he has company and they grew up together. My sons kitty is an "only kitty" and I wonder of she gets lonely. Great strong looking Rudy makes a wonderful profile picture(:
  • kcooz07
    10 years ago
    Thanks Donna, we love our pets and I know you do too. Love that picture you posted of your grandkitty sleeping with Cocoa.
    d3sp thanked kcooz07
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    I miss so much having cats!
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Why don't you get one are you or hubby allergic to them?
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    We had my two dear Siamese cats until they died several years ago. Now, my husband has put his foot down on having any more. I love him more than I do the idea of having another pair of cats (I wouldn't have just one). The choices one must make in life!

But you know what! I meoow at him from time to time, just as a reminder that I greatly miss my cats!
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Carolyn I'm sorry about your precious cats. It is very sad to lose pets. I understand about choosing to respect his feelings. You have a wonder attitude and sense of humor about it.(:(:
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Thank you, Donna! I wish that on Home Away where we rent houses from time to time for a vacation getaway that there were an option for houses "with cats"!
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I hear you Carolyn. We are away a lot in the summer and have to find places that allow dogs. It's hard to find and it gets expensive when it is long term. And now that we have two it is double. Who wants to go on vacation and leave their pets not me.
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Ah, my problem is that I would love to find a house to rent that included a live in cat, since I'm not allowed one at home. Maybe you could rent your house out to dog lovers who have none of their own!
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Oh ha ha I got you now! No way I can't leave my babies(;(: I won't fly bc I want them w me(;
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hi Aja!!! How r you? Also here is a link to my other room if you want to take a look. We are almost finish yay! https://www.houzz.com/discussions/please-help-me-with-my-living-room-dsvw-vd~748671
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Carolyn look what I found yesterday while looking for a bed. It is only 200.09 and on the 23 of May if it is still there will be half price. I did not take measurements but I think it will fit. I will go measure today bc the store is just around the corner. I especially like the legs on the table. Do you like it?
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Is this to use as a game table in the den?
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Yes, nice legs? Wolf whistle worthy!
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Yes Carolyn I still need to measure it but I think it is the right size
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Ha ha I thought so and if it hangs around and I can get it for a 100.00 that would be great
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I would still need to find 18 in chairs to go with it but that can be done
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    It is 26" w folded down 30 " h with extension up 36" w
  • d3sp
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Do you think it will work Carolyn? Off to New Orleans (: