Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shannon_ley

Bathroom makeover

Shannon Ley
10 years ago
We just bought a mid-century ranch and updated the two bathrooms on a budget. I chose not to join the "save the pink bathroom campaign" and we hired a company to epoxy paint the wall tile in the pepto pink bathroom and the blue tub in the other. We replaced toilets, vanity and sink were replaced, and light fixture in one . We did keep the terrazzo and I plan to frame some fifties Florida vintage prints for the formerly pink bathroom as a homage to that time :)

Comments (4)

• Jules Martin
    10 years ago
    Really lovely makeover. We're struggling with same: except ours are faded salmon pink. Tempted to keep them for 1949 sake, but I must say that the new, crisp clean fixtures with much better storage offer far more livable spaces. Do you miss the pink? Was the epoxy treatment over existing super expensive? My guy thinks he can to it himself [he's pretty skilled, but sounds like lots of work to me].
  • Shannon Ley
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Jules, I don't regret getting rid of the pink, I've never been a "pink" person. I've seen some with black trim and fun black and white floor tile but we couldn't make this work like that. I bought the vanities on a Home Depot Internet special for under 250! The epoxy was a little pricey- we paid 600 because it is small but much cheaper than re-dry walling.
    There is a website that sells epoxy kits for 99$- I was tempted but not handy and didn't want to take a chance with messing it up
    It is called epoxy for dummies if you want to check it out- good luck
  • Susan Mladenovich
    10 years ago
    Did you epoxy the floors too?
  • Shannon Ley
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    no, the floors are terazzo and they were polished and in decent shape before we bought the house. We are keeping them for now