Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
uzmaabid

Living room finishing touches

uzi abid
10 years ago
i need some suggestions what should i add or remove from this living room ????
thanks

Comments (42)

• Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Love it. add pillows to sofa mix of zebra and black and white chevron print. Love the yellow a couple of that color pillows mix in with others. Great room.
    uzi abid thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Instead of small item on back wall go a big 40 x40 art oil in yellow and grays, black no frame hang low and center. Would bring more drama into rm.
  • uzi abid
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    i have a large canvas modern arts white and light blue also have blue pillows and black and white pillows , can i add them ?? i have blue credenza/ buffet table which is quite high as i find yellow table very low behind the sofa ??? please tell me.
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    Just try it, photo and post here - you'll get feed back yes or no.
  • uzi abid
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Ok so i just added what i was having right now , i could not move blue buffet table as i was alone but posting picture , right now it is in living room. please let me know what show i do more ??
    thanks a lott
  • Darzy
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    The room looks great! I like the round mirror located between the windows best but I would lower it centered with the windows. I prefer the yellow console instead of the blue so the blue art doesn't work for me. The size and style is perfect tho! Also, I think it would be nice to add some curves to break up all of the rectangles. Maybe round bolster pillows in yellow for the sofa? And a chandelier like this would look fabulous. It would be nice to center the chandelier above the seating area.
    Bubbles Glass Chandelier - Chrome - Clayton Gray Home · More Info
  • uzi abid
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you Darzy , Chandelier is great.
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    I prefer the citron color but love the round mirror between the windows. Lower it as Darzy suggested and find an impressive piece for the large wall. If you live where there is variation in the climate between warm and cool weather, you can always have the warmer citron theme in cool season and the cooler blue when its hot.
  • uzi abid
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    yes we have all seasons. and tanks a lot for suggestions , i think this would be better to keep yellow table there and alternate pillows in both weathers.
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    Love the idea of rotating art with the seasons! =)

This space is FANTASTIC! Such BOLD design...I love how much detail you have put into it. With the retro/contemporary vibe, almost all BW....you could make any color you want the accent color to the room. Of course...you have started with citron...I like it more than the blue but it's ok to change things up as well.
    uzi abid thanked Angelina Vick
  • PRO
    PT Designs Inc. / DDI
    10 years ago
    Love your initial design and concept...as others have said - strongly recommend larger impact art on side wall above credenza and between windows - though really feel that the blue/white/grey stretch canvas is to big...In a perfect world it should fall height wise inside of window height not the same as the window height.

Punch color should be clearly evident in your oversized art (preferable stretch canvas/ abstract) but NOT the main color in the canvas art...you want to pull out the accent color...not the main color onto the pillows.

Would also use down filled accent pillows in strong pop color that holds it's own with the strong black/white contrast of the space...blue pillows just don't do that and although a good attempt...I would not put any black/white pillows on sofa...simply a solid punch color and a good size (guessing 20-22") and if down...you should plump them up then give the old decorator trick of a "karate" chop in the top to break up the squareness and it creates a soft dip. Look through any home design magazine if you need to see what I am trying to explain. I would post an image but horrible at doing that!

Great start and please let us all see once you are complete!
    uzi abid thanked PT Designs Inc. / DDI
  • uzi abid
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Now i am confused :( , i dont know much about decorating . thank you very much for suggestions , it really helps... ok should i remove this wall art ,BW and blue pillows and look for some citron pillows and accessories , so what colors art should be over sofa ??
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    Aww...it's ok. Relax. You have done SO great so far.

I really think...go with the citron...for accessories and art.
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    If you want to change things up...go with a bright color that will go well with the citron.
  • PRO
    JILL OF ALL~Kaarisa Blackwell
    10 years ago
    Angelina is bang on...you are doing FANTASTIC! Don't over think it...the hard parts done. Go with your intuition, it's always right! Love the citron, for art and pillows (round and/or bolster would be nicer than square or rectangular); mirror between windows is excellent, but as mentioned much too high; chandelier suggestion would really add some fun to the room...taking away some of the formality and crispness; round glass table suggested would add some curves and softness, show off that really great Zebra rug, and really open up that space to create a light airy feel...rather than the solid/heavy table there now. Just remember, it's your space and you should do what makes you feel happy and proud...as you should be! Great job!!!
    uzi abid thanked JILL OF ALL~Kaarisa Blackwell
  • uzi abid
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    thank you very much Angelina and Kreationsbykaarisa :) . I would definitely look for some good chandelier and pillows .
  • uzi abid
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    please i need some suggestions for wall art ?? how it should be if not canvas and framed ???
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    Canvas unframed. Acrylic. Metal.
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    I will post some art options soon.
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    Hmm....I looked through my work...I don't know if anything i have fits your decor.
    These pieces have green, meant for doing a grouping:
    http://angelina-vick.artistwebsites.com/art/all/art+collage+groupings/all

I have an errand but I will try to look for some citron art for you. I tried looking a few places, it seems to not be a common color.
    uzi abid thanked Angelina Vick
  • PRO
    Interiors Unleashed
    10 years ago
    Great suggestions here already. I agree with a nice chandelier over the coffee table and getting rid of the dated ceiling fan. With the dark walls you may need more lighting in various parts of the room. A floor lamp beside the credenza instead of a lamp on it will expand the furnishings there. When you look for art for between the windows keep your zebra rug in mind. The art should work with the zebra and the black stripes on the opposite wall. Take your time, you are doing a fabulous job.

You can use multiple pieces instead of one large art piece. In the photo below, the designer used black frames and white mats to tie into the zebra.
    Lin Residence · More Info
    uzi abid thanked Interiors Unleashed
  • dlanier1
    10 years ago
    Have you considered window panels? I feel like it needs that to soften the look; the lines of the sectional are crisp as are the moldings on the wall. I love the accent of the yellow sideboard but I think that color needs to be repeated throughout the space. As for wall art I prefer the canvas over the mirror; the mirror looks insignificant in the area over the sectional- that area should really showcase a statement piece- something that makes visitors say WOW!
  • uzi abid
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    thanks a lot :) ....... any idea which chandelier is looking good ??
  • User
    10 years ago
    Beautiful room but I think tying in the color of the dresser in decorative accent pieces would be a great contrast against the white. If you are looking for beautiful decorative light fixtures, check out www.lightform.ca

Happy Decorating!
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    Oh, I thought the sideboard was citron....not straight yellow.

I think that center chandelier fits your space best.
  • uzi abid
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    it is kinda citron not straight yellow but i just use yellow in art , with citron it was looking so dull .
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    If you like the idea of switching back and forth between yellows and blues...you might light this piece. The circles would tie to the circles chandelier. =)

http://angelina-vick.artistwebsites.com/featured/hapa-sushi-display-1-angelina-vick.html

This would give a more limited color palette...but still bring in colors.
    http://angelina-vick.artistwebsites.com/featured/dissection-of-interaction-angelina-vick.html

This is a two piece set, but you could use just one:
    http://angelina-vick.artistwebsites.com/featured/swimming-in-light-left-angelina-vick.html
    http://angelina-vick.artistwebsites.com/featured/swimming-in-light-right-angelina-vick.html
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    You can go with different shades of yellow.
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    I think it's going to come down to....what do you love to look at?

That's what you want on that wall.
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    10 years ago
    Are the dressers your DIY projects? They're both great but I prefer the yellow also. The first chandelier is stunning......very original!! Go for it!
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    10 years ago
    Oops....forgot this one.
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    So have you made a decision for the wall? =) Post pics when you change it!
  • uzi abid
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    i will ,once my chandelier will arrive and also i am half way on a painting , black , white and pop of yellow color.
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    Are you painting it yourself? :)
  • uzi abid
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    yes i am doing it by myself :)
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    Uzi abid,
    No wonder your room is so artistic. It is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to see your picture.
    uzi abid thanked Kathy
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    10 years ago
    =D

I didn't know you paint! Looking forward to seeing it!
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Love Darzy chandelier idea above.