Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maria_scazzero

Need help

maria_scazzero
10 years ago
1. I am moving into a studio for the first time i
am not sure what colors to use for my bedroom wall?
2. Also what can i use to divide my bedroom
And living room?
3.i have a green- ever green love seat already i am having trouble deciding colors for my bedroom and theme for my apt
4. I like simple but bold.
Modern contemporary

Comments (397)

• maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Where did you get that pic you posted its
    So nice i love it
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    If i do the one picture can I still get the light green funky lamp shades
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    The ones you found on etsy can i use them
    Still
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Any suggestions on what to add here i was thinking a yellow clock or black and white
    Photos

This is my kitchen

2.this is a lamp
    In the living
    Room
    I want
    To put a chandelier fixture instead
    Of this light give me your thoughts

3.the silver shelf picture is in my bathroom i was thinking black and white pics Would look nice on the walls
    4.light switch covers i thought of getting different light switch covers like these let know your thoughts
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Light switch cover and bathroom
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Light switch covers i like
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    IMO, switchplates should be as unobtrusive as possible, but you should do what you want.

As for the lamps, choose your art, hang it, then see what you want to do with for lamp shades.

Black and white pictures can go pretty much anywhere, so that's probably a good choice for the bathroom.
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I love this one Grover can you photo shop it in so I can see how it looks
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Grover what color is the birch tree decal you picked my wall is an off white I couldn't figure out what color you used in the photo shop
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Guys I found a piece of art I love give me your comments
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    1.on the adjacent wall in my living room i want to put something any suggestions
    2.i want to put decal in my kitchen i am doing yellow,grey, black scheme i like wall decall please give me some suggestions
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    For my bathroom i want to add decal it
    Looks so dead and also their is a small wardrobe room that leads to my bathroom
    I want to touch up and add some decal around the mirror
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I ordered a painting i loved for the living room which is posted i also downloaded photo shop so incan start doing more pf the work on my own. If you could give
    Me some advice on the other stuff
    I posted
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hey guy can you please respond
  • geoellen
    10 years ago
    You said you already ordered the tree decal,why wonder about color now?Go back to the site to see what colors are available and what other decals they have.Pretty much everyone is selling some sort of reusable decals now.Target,walmart etc. check out wallwords.com maybe a poem or phrase for kitchen on the wall above cabinets.Bathroom mirror/maybe take a narrow piece of lattice(floor to ceiling) and paint it then place hooks on it to put towels n robes.(or even shelves for decorative storage or to showcase cute items)This would add interest to the area.Have you tried your photo shop yet?I like the last photo you said you liked give it a try.I like the photos that are the width of the sofa the best.Be sure you hang it high enough that people aren't hitting it when they put their heads back when sitting on the sofa.Perhaps the other ladies know the "proper"height to place it over the furniture.I haven't had any ides that hit your fancy but maybe they will help spark your own creativity.
  • chookchook2
    10 years ago
    I remember my first flat in the 1980s:- white wicker, pine, small florals and fold out sofa for guests, and all in the dead centre of town - opposite the cemetery!! Ah you take me back, Maria.
  • Snaggy
    10 years ago
    This whole flat has been designed by houzz !
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    What do you guys thik of the painting i ordered
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Geollen the lettering for the kitchen in black on top or yellow background black words on top

The mirror love your idea could i put some gold decal around it would go

For the corner i want to replace my filing cabinet with a large blAck vase and whitr sticks coming out
  • geoellen
    10 years ago
    Maria, which ever way you would like the lettering to be would be fine.For me I would go black lettering with yellow background so you don't darken the space too much.If you don't use your file cabinet doing the vase is fine.But there is already a lot of b&w there with the screen,maybe if you add 1 or 2 sticks w/ green and or pink etc(colors in home). but the rest stay white. (of sticks)with the white ones, that are in the home it will tie it together and add visual interest.,I might keep the file cabinet if you need storage though(blankets ets.) You could maybe use it in your closet for shoes or something.Or paint it another color your using in the home and set the vase w/ sticks on top of it.But be careful you don't want it to start looking cluttered.
  • geoellen
    10 years ago
    Maria, almost forgot to mention,you could also use the chalkboard paint over the kitchen cabinets.You can now do just about any color and it would allow you to change out the phrases more often too ,great for special occasions.
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I have a dilemma i was given a lamp that gives off the solid black one with three bulbs help!!!
    So much light in my living room i dont know where
    To
    Put it. I also have three other living
    Room
    Lamps that i need to rearrange and get rid of at least one. Help!!!!
  • geoellen
    10 years ago
    If all 3 independant of ea. other,you don't have to use all 3 lights at once and could direct each lamp in dif. directions.I might also paint the black a brighter color or color to match the other lamp legs.I would put it where you have the paper floor lamp and move the smallest side table next to that chair.Too many in that corner.Place the foot stool under that table or put the stacking tables under ea. other if you are using the stool for a coffee table.If you want the brighter light for when guests come I would keep it and move the paper floor lamp.Until you get your pillows and painting the sofa looking like a black hole(in photo at least).I would not add any more black elements.I love how the chair pad pops the color into the room,so far that's my favorite thing in the room.Is this a dif. sofa?I seems less green than the leather like one you showed in the beginning. and has an overstuffed look.
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    Replace one of the matching floor lamps with the black pole lamp. If you have too much light, lower the wattage in your bulbs. Not enough light? Raise the wattage, but DO NOT EXCEED THE WATTAGE STATED ON THE LAMPS.

Put some colorful bins and baskets in that Expedit. Come on, Maria. You can do this. There is no crisis here.

Go back and look at previous Photoshop images I've done for you to get ideas because I am done Photoshopping your room. No more. You are on your own now, Sister. Good luck and have fun.
  • Snaggy
    10 years ago
    I see her Profile has gone !!
  • karemore55
    10 years ago
    Weird and weirder! A figment of everyone's imagination?? LOL
  • Snaggy
    10 years ago
    LOL :)
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    Was it something I said??????
  • Snaggy
    10 years ago
    You...never ! ; )
  • karemore55
    10 years ago
    You went above and beyond the call of duty on this one Grover - it was a strange thread from the get-go!
  • loubelou
    10 years ago
    I actually read this whole thread...OMGoodness!
  • PRO
    Kathryn Peltier Design
    10 years ago
    I was wondering how much longer this could go on! I was afraid to post any more because I didn't think I could maintain groveraxle's patience lol!
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I am loving my new apartment.
    The white chair i have in the living room is very uncomfortable and I want get a new one that i actually want to sit in. Please give me your suggestions or post pics of styles or chairs i should look at to go in its place. I really like cushy chairs you can sink into isuxhoremxomfoetabletmonsitnint
  • PRO
    Kathryn Peltier Design
    10 years ago
    Maria, you are just going to have to go and SIT in chairs to see what you like and what you can get locally for the amount you want to spend. We can recommend all day, but if you can't sit in it, it's of no use.
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    Lower the art so its bottom edge is about 6 inches above the back of the sofa. And throw some colored pillows on the sofa so it doesn't look like a black hole. The room looks cute.
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I wanted some suggestions on how to arrange cubes and photos in my bookshelf
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I got the idea to put pictures in from just magazines and using my own creativity. Please give me some ideas on how i should arrange the frames and cubes so it looks more aesthetically pleasing
  • geoellen
    10 years ago
    If you have some books lay(1 or 2) some under one or 2 of the pic frames.Too many of the same thing in there.If you have room put 2 small ones together in a box. Put some nick nack items in a couple of them(vase , figurines or candle etc.) What are the wicker baskets for? put one in the upper left one lower right.Then position the 2 black squares to uneven positions also.It looks too level and even.It doesn't make your eyes move to see everything for interest. Of cours you don't have to put them where I said I just want to give you a basic idea.Dont forget the lower portion too.
  • geoellen
    10 years ago
    P.S. Go back up to Karemore where she has posted pics of some boxes in dif colors/styles something like that will add interest in one or two squares.
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Here is an updated pic of my bookshelf
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Here is an updated pic of my living room i incorporated a lot of your suggestions and my own.thank you i love it

Things to still do
    Finish the bookshelf
    Change lampshade
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Living room
    Update
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Updated living room
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Any suggestion let
    Me
    Know on anything :) I am going to
    Do lampshade orange or light green or maybe cool
    Black and white pic on lampshade
  • geoellen
    10 years ago
    Maria,you've come a long way and it is looking good.I would like to see more length of the sicks(not height)There is something missing for me on that side of the wall.Love the pillows on the sofa and photo too.
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I Agree I was thinking of a cool
    Wall decal black and white to go with the rug cool urban background any suggestions i want to do wall decal instead of art
  • geoellen
    10 years ago
    You need to look at it 24/7 so it needs to be something YOU love to look at.
  • maria_scazzero
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    When you say more height on sticks what do you mean? I was thibking of getting black vase a shiny one to put the sticks in to have it stand out more
  • geoellen
    10 years ago
    Not height, length (as in left to right). A wall decal would do the same thing.Make sure to put it at the same height or higher than your sofa photo.Everything you add to the floor plan takes away floor space so if you did a large vase that is fat,it might "clutter up "your space.Here Hobby Lobby,Michaels and other décor stores have sticks weaved together about 2 feet long and only 2inches deep, that is what I was thinking would look nice there.
Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer