Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lannie_slabaugh

Advice needed! Unexpected seam in soapstone

I looked very hard to find a long enough slab to accommodate the L-shaped counter (120x 74) hoping I could avoid a seam entirely. Now I am being told that because of all the fissures, it will need to be seamed anyhow. Are these fabricators operating from a granite standpoint? Or is the heavy veining in this slab a true indication that it should be seamed? They won’t put the seam at the sink without us agreeing that should the “ears” break, it will just be glued together. I just wonder if they don’t want to bring extra guys for that large slab or if this is legit reasoning. I will bring up the Dutch idea I saw somewhere else on these forums. #Joseph Corlett, they have agreed to install the undermount Elkay workstation sink with the Hercules sling. Not sure if that installation would make any difference with sink seaming. I’ve also been told that my request for transparent black at the seams cannot be honored as it will slow down the installers process and they match the epoxy before they bring it out. I intend to leave the counters unoiled, but reserve the right to change my mind. I’m thinking I will insist they match to the darkest gray in the corner area for the seam, if it’s inevitable- would this be best given their feedback so far? Would love any advice/perspective others can give. Hopefully one of these photos is good enough to see the proposed seam at the corner of the L

Comments (3)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler