Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rberesh73

Bathroom Before and After

rberesh73
last year

Pretty well all of my upgrades have been shown on Houzz and so i'd like to share my latest. This is the main bathroom on upper floor.

Before

After

Comments (19)

• Rho Dodendron
    last year

You kept the shutters! An all around fayn tas tic upgrade!

• arcy_gw
    last year

Very nicely done. That was a curious lighting plan in the before. Removing all those junction boxes wasn't fun I bet.

• PRO
    1020 BUILDERS LLC
    last year

Very nice cabinets!

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you for all the feedback.
    Yes the original lighting was….different. I’m thinking it was done in the 80s. I had wondered if I needed a pot light in the Center of the bathroom for more light but I might be ok.
    Love to hear any other thoughts or suggestions. The one thing I wish was different was the tub. It’s a bit smaller than the original

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    last year

Any other thoughts?

• Kendrah
    last year

I love how much counter space you have. This is a really great redo without ridiculous bells and whistles. Very practical and pretty.

My only thoughts are merely decorative. Can you stash your toilet brush and extra TP under the sink? With all of that cabinetry it is nice to have them out of sight. I would also frame your artwork in a black frame with a white matte. It will echo your sink and cabinet area colors and tie the room together. And get a polished chrome or stainless kleenex box holder.

• RedRyder
    last year

Well done!

rberesh73 thanked RedRyder
  • Maureen
    last year

Since you asked, it’s the small things that will move it to the next level, making it warmer and more interesting. Larger art (hang lower), or prints and when choosing consider how they can tie everything together, style and color wise (try Etsy for something more unique).

I’d lower towel hook and consider turkish towels, a white textured rug (place on tub when not in use) and consider vanity.

I’d store the cleaning brush in cupboard and TP in a basket above toilet or in cupboard.

rberesh73 thanked Maureen
  • rberesh73
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Yes thank you Maureen. I'm open to ideas. You're definitely right about the little things. I actually have a few other rooms that i'd love to get some advice on as they just lack that extra something.

Would you happen to have links to any of the items posted? Also, did you feel the art that I have should be hanging lower? Just wasn't sure

• Maureen
    last year

Yes, a couple of inches and I’d remove the tissue box (put on counter if needed).

All the pictures were found on Pinterest and try that site for your other rooms’ help, in addition to posting here. When searching, be specific; ie: modern blue living room with sectional. When you see things you like, save them.

Art: just search by topic (whale art for example) on Etsy and you’ll see all kinds of options.

Turkish towels/and links to sources: found on Pinterest. Compare companies for costs.

Mat: Go to Ikea‘s site (I have the same one and it‘s thick, soft, and dries quickly).

Sosps/tray etc: I like Winners or Marshalls for the quality/costs/designs for stuff like this. I then buy lotion and soap in larger format and use to refill, as it’s less expensive and saves old bottles ending up in the garbage.

Straw basket: can’t find that one on Pinterest, but other similar ones are very expensive. Just try Walmart, Target, Amazon or Winners/Marshalls.

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks Maureen. Actually I thought the picture was already hanging too low. Interesting to hear another perspective. Any chance I could get more ideas on another bathroom I have

• Shawna
    last year

Love it!

• Maureen
    last year

Maybe start a new discussion for the other bathroom, giving details as to what you are needing help with (and a picture). If not specific, you may get comments on things you cannot/not want to change.

• PRO
    Badeloft
    last year

Amazing makeover!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    last year

Looks excellent!

• mar 77
    last year

@rberesh73 Looks great!

What is the name of the gray tile on the floor and white tile on the wall?

• Rose Smith
    last year
    last modified: last year

I adore your color choices. I would have to agree with everyone regarding the picture though. Well done!

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks so much for the compliments! I will look up the floor tile ‘