Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
devloux

Love it or Hate it, Paradigm Conquest LVP?

devloux
2 months ago

We are looking at the Paradigm Conquest LVP products. We like the Castle color but not sure if it will go long term.

Have you used Paradigm Conquest? Any thoughts or ideas? We have 4 dogs and cannot do real wood.

Unfortunately my living room does not have 20 foot ceilings and floor to ceiling windows as pictured below. If you have pictures of this product in your actual house and want to share them it would be much appreciated. My house is not professionally designed and we have a lot of family pieces that are different colors of wood that we will be keeping forever. I'm trying to find a versatile floor that will look good with our orange colored wood dining table and the grey stained armoire my dad made, etc. Tile is too slippery and cold for my mom.

Thank You!

Comments (21)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    2 months ago

"Tile is too slippery and cold for my mom."

I'd buy mom some slippers and check the coefficient of friction of each before making any assumptions or buying decisions.

• devloux
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Tile is cold, so we put rugs down. The elderly slip more on rugs and fall than anything else. Tile with people in socks is on the list too. It was her MD who urged us no rugs or tile.

• btydrvn
    2 months ago

Ours has a texture that looks and feels like wood grain

• devloux
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Or we also like this lighter color too. Its called Utopia. The floor has a wood grain texture on it with grooves.

• RedRyder
    2 months ago

I would vote for the warm brown floor every time. Most houses - for many decades - had brown hardwood floors with all kinds of furniture. The lighter one just seems too “green-grey” and less likely to complement whatever furniture is in the house.

I’m not a fan of these new floor colors. Traditional neutral floors that look like wood feel “right” to me. If the light colors were closer to real ash, it would look better. If that’s the look you’re going for, perhaps another brand has it.

• btydrvn
    2 months ago

Our floors and color…

• btydrvn
    2 months ago

We chose this color as we really wanted but could not use pine on our concrete floors..

• btydrvn
    2 months ago

We chose to avoid the long continuous “striped “ look that some brands have like the bedroom pic above

• btydrvn
    2 months ago

Another view

• btydrvn
    2 months ago

I especially liked that the floors worked through the whole house.. even the bathrooms

• RedRyder
    2 months ago

@btydrvn - Those floors look great.

• husterd
    2 months ago

Agree with btydrvn the “stripped” look is just off, fake looking as well as overwhelming the space. Especially if no rugs to calm it down. Their photos show a nice non competing with your interesting furniture collections almost natural floor. When choosing your floor look at the large picture pattern impact. Your floor is the background to show off the rest of the house. It will also hopefully be there for decades and multiple “what is in” style changes.

• devloux
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Thank you, I can see the stripe in the lighter floor room. I dont want that. It also looked a little modern against my furniture, at least to me,

Maybe the darker one is a better option. I do see different color boards in the dark one and its not as blended as the one posted of your rooms. they look great, what brand are they?

the good thing about the dark one is it has light wood and dark wood and some grey that matches our different colored furniture. i might buy a box and lay it out to make sure. Ill post a pic. thank you to everyone for your help. I really appreciate the honesty

• btydrvn
    2 months ago

We have hugely varied furniture pieces.. all antique or vintage..(except the leather recliners)…what I like best about the light color floors is that all the old furniture contrasts nicely., and the floor color lends a nice bright airy .. more modern …feeling to the room..but mostly because dust and drips are less noticeable than on dark floors..and I hate being a slave to floor maintenance…our floors are Cortec.. can’t remember if I mentioned it before.. but I closely supervised the installation to be sure placement was not repetitive.. with identical boards side be side..,

• devloux
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Hi, this is the darker brown floor with our cabinets and countertop. this is the Paradigm Conquest Castle LVP. What do you think? I have not committed to thr floor yet. the cabinet and top are set already, Thank you all so much, this is like having more sisters!

• husterd
    2 months ago

Went back to your first post. First color, which is the same as just posted, looked OK close up. But the large room picture looked like stripes. Your 2nd light color was very stripy and you wisely eliminated. These last 2 pictures look very nice and complement the cabinets and counter, warm and homey. But that is my monitor. Perhaps stripes only seem to appear on large floor areas. Bottom line is have you seen the cabinets with a large floor and happy with the floor pattern? If so you have your floor.

• ashley_m_leslie
    2 months ago

Has anyone installed their “Maiden” color? If so, can you post it? We are looking for a timeless, neutral, warm color. We are looking to install Maiden, but I would like to see it on a larger scale.

• shieldsaz
    21 days ago

I'm curious on what your counter tops are. Very pretty choice.

• devloux
    Original Author
    11 days ago

Taj mahal quartzite

• btydrvn
    11 days ago

I never was a fan of the big blobs that are supposed to portray knots..but weirdly look exactly alike…