Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenplima

Any Experience with Revwood Nantucket Beige Oak?

Jennifer Lima
2 months ago

Hi!

I would love to hear from anyone that has put Revwood's Nantucket Beige Oak from the Ivey Gates line in their home. I was leaning toward the Sunbathed Pecan, but I think it may have too many knots and too much movement for me. Would live to see photos! It's impossible to find info on this floor online from real customers.

Thanks!

Comments (33)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    2 months ago

If you visit the Mohawk Flooring website, it allows you to upload a picture of your room and it will automatically illustrate how the floor will appear in your room.

Try it. You might find it helpful.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

The way to test a floor and see it in your home? Buy a single BOX and lay it out.

Is there a better way? No.

Another home is not your home, your furnishings, your windows and lighting, your paint, your anything. Monitors can lie. Order a box.

Just trust me on this, please?

Or search " I hate my new floor" right here on these pages. It's a trail of tears.....

• RedRyder
    2 months ago

The LL Flooring app is also good for uploading photos, but @JAN MOYER is right. You need to see multiple planks laid out in your own home.

• Cynthia
    2 months ago

If you're looking for less movement and variation try the Mohawk Boardwalk Collective https://www.mohawkflooring.com/shop/Laminated_Wood/detail/CDL77/Boardwalk_Collective/09W/Outerbanks?productLine=RevWood%20Select

Mohawk uses Roomvo so you can use the visualizer to see options in your space if you upload pics. Please go to a local flooring company and not LL or Floor and Decor.

• Paula F
    last month

I literally came to Houzz to post this same question! I’m in the process of deciding as well. And the exact same colors as yours! I am stuck between Nantucket beige oak. And the fresh spring pecan or the sunbathed pecan. Then the floor guy says the golden sand oak looks beautiful and it’s light so it makes the home look bigger and any furniture matches. But I find it too light.

I like the Nantucket beige because it is still light but has some beautiful browns within it.

Then for a mid tone I really liked the Adirondack brown. I really love that but it’s on the darker side.

I’m going to try the app as people suggest here.

On left is the Nantucket beige oak, next to it is sailors rope oak and against the wall is the golden sand oak.

The sample with multiple colors - on the right is the golden sand oak again. And on rhe left side second from top is that mid tone brown I love.

So hard to decide.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    last month

I am a broken record..............

The way to test a floor and see it in your home? Buy a single BOX and lay it out.

Is there a better way? No.

Another home is not your home, your furnishings, your windows and lighting, your paint, your anything. Monitors can lie. Order a box.

Just trust me on this, please?

• RedRyder
    last month

Without a box of each, you don’t know if it seems too grey, or too yellow, or too brown in your house. Everyone’s lighting - and natural light - is different. Flooring is a huge decision and has to look right in your house.

Don’t be cheap - buy one box of each of the contenders.

• Paula F
    last month

I’m going to do that thank you!

• Paula F
    last month

Quick update. Sorts do not carry boxes in stock. They have to order from the vendor and it takes two weeks to get the boxes because Mohawk is in the east coast. I’m in California. And I don’t have two weeks. So it’s unfortunate but I’ll have to decide using the samples. I think my safest choice is the lightest colored one which is the golden sand oak. Did original poster decide? Any pics?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    last month
    last modified: last month

So............. for two weeks, and the zillions of floors available, west coast, east coast and in between coasts, you are willing to risk a house full of something you end up not liking, and that will be ON the floor and under your feet for YEARS.

Okie dokie! Your call.

To me, sorry is a poor replacement for safe : )

• RedRyder
    last month

I’m with Jan on this. You should wait for however long it takes to get enough material to make a confident decision. A floor is the biggest design decision in a house. Why wouldn’t you want to wait for a full box so you can BE SURE?

Your floor color affects all the choices for paint, furniture, etc.

Why don’t you have two weeks? Is there a phone number you can call to ask for a rush order?

• Paula F
    last month

Thank you for your concern. I was able to find a store with the one color which is the Mohawk Nantucket beige. ;). And the golden sand oak I have a few planks and a large display sample. Tomorrow I’m going to new house to check it out in that space. The pic I took in my current home.

• RedRyder
    last month

Let us know how they look in the new house.

• btydrvn
    last month

If you have a lot of natural light ..I would lean towards a warmer color.. the grays just don’t look like a real wood and will be more obviously not wood …in bright light.. the picture above has very natural graining pattern .. with nice variations

• btydrvn
    last month

Is the surface smooth?.. if so I would look for a product that has indented grain lines.. this really adds to the “real wood” feel

• btydrvn
    last month

Just to be clear that picture does look really good..color and pattern wise… we have had floors very similar to this for over 20 years…still love them and get compliments all the time

• Paula F
    last month

@bty…thank you. Yes they have indentations for the grain. I spent quite a few hours yesterday carrying heavy planks around the house just to see them in different lighting. Here are some pics. The Nantucket beige are the long planks. The golden age are the small three pieces I put together. And on some photos I’ll put a blue dot or arrow indicating the golden age. But you’ll see it’s evident which one are the lighter ones.

• Paula F
    last month

These were at night I took a few pics

• Paula F
    last month

These were at night

• Paula F
    last month

Dining / living area. You can see the lighter three pieces. They look way too light in my home. I like the Nantucket much better

• Paula F
    last month

And no that pool table is not staying there although my husband thinks it is 😳😳😖. I told him it can go in the garage and we can make a nice area there.

• Paula F
    last month

Kitchen dining area. Cabinet color will also be changed. Still I. The green family but not this color green. Again you can clearly see the lighter color planks

• Paula F
    last month

Family room are pics with fireplace. And the other two pics are in the bedroom upstairs.

• Paula F
    last month

I’m hoping pics are helping other people. There aren’t that many pics online.

• Paula F
    last month

So to summarize. In my home the golden age oak looks washed out and gray and in the colder side of things. I decided in the Nantucket beige which looks warmer and I just like it better in my soul 😆. The next issue was the baseshoe situation. I’m not going to have them pull out baseboards and reinstall to avoid the quarter round. So quarter round it is. I personally like it. It gives the baseboard a more finished look imo

• Paula F
    last month

Apologies. They are Revwood premier golden SAND oak (palm city collection) and Revwood premier Nantucket beige oak (Ivey gates collection).

• Paula F
    last month

@Jan I love the darker colors. Thank you for sharing. I’m glad I chose the Nantucket which has the darker tones and is a bit warmer. I’ll post pics when it’s done. I’m glad I found an entire box like you suggested! Thank you!

• RedRyder
    last month

The photos tell you which is better. Hands down the Nantucket. The other is completely washed out.

Your back may be annoyed at you, but now you’re much more confident you picked the right one.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    last month
    last modified: last month

I call that a minor backache versus a major headache or heartache!$!$!$

• Paula F
    last month

Hahahaha. So true. Thank you all for your advice!

• ljabs
    11 days ago

This was exactly my dilemma, and I am pretty set on the Nantucket beige oak as well. Thank you for posting the pictures in different light because I cannot find a box to try anywhere. What underlayment are you using? And please update with finished pictures!!!

• Sarah s
    8 days ago

Any updates, did anyone install the Nantucket Beige? Pictures?