Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debra_kokesch45

black house white trim

Debra Kokesch
10 days ago

I bought a gallon of paint to see if I would like black siding! I really like it!

Comments (16)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    10 days ago

What do you want from us? I like black siding but I aslo think we need to see the whole house and for sure all that brown siding will need to be black too.. I do not like the 2 different doors on the same wall but mostly I need to see the whole house. Post the rst of the house pics here in acomments DO NOT start another post.

• RedRyder
    10 days ago

Take a photo from further back. It would be a pity to have to repaint the whole house but maybe you can get some ideas to help you like the black more. It looks like someone is a good painter.

• Ruth
    10 days ago

If you are asking can you have a black house with white trim, my opinion is absolutely not. Trim needs to be black or other deep color.

• Debra Kokesch
    Original Author
    10 days ago

This is what it looks like now. If I did black siding with black trim, will the white gutters still be OK? I cannot change those. That’s why I was thinking white trimmer on the windows to tie it all in.

• Debra Kokesch
    Original Author
    10 days ago

I think the black looks very rich looking. We are a house kind of in the trees overlooking the valley.

• Lynn Walker
    10 days ago

The black looks very good and the white trim will be fine.

• tracefloyd
    10 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

You can get the same effect as black-- but with a deep charcoal gray color....charcoal does not seem as stark as pure black. These aren't the same style as yours:

• jo mu
    10 days ago

I think black with white trim looks find it's found all the time in modern farmhouse style homes idk why other commenter is so oppoosed

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    10 days ago

Love a black or dark charcoal house with white trim!

I would see if you can make your trim wider.

Looks great so far

• ptreckel
    10 days ago

You can leave the gutters white since they are attached to the trim, but I would paint your downspouts black or charcoal, which ever color you choose. I would consider removing the porch railing and reworking your front porch and sidewalk so it is less confining and more welcoming. And shorten the downspout or see if it can be buried into a french drain. It shouldn’t need such a long outflow pipe.

• ptreckel
    10 days ago

Wait…are your windows beige? Bronze vinyl? Those can/t be painted. Perhaps rethink your paint choice to something like Urbane Bronze. Not black but dark.

• tracefloyd
    10 days ago

I know you can't paint concrete block because of moisture and peeling issues-- but you could stain it with permeable concrete stain in your color.

With the wood deck and rails your house is gonna look fantastic.

• lkloes
    10 days ago

Yes to the black siding and white trim. Please paint your downspouts black. They are not a feature and should blend in as much as possible.

• btydrvn
    10 days ago

Have you found posting this dilemma a second time….has brought you any new insight?

• Debra Kokesch
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Yes a little more helpful and positive

• tracefloyd
    10 days ago

Okay, you have two Posts and I'm glad I found the other one because @Paul F. render in that thread is spot on. I like the Charcoal color he chose.

I agree rework the front porch larger or more open. I agree wood garage doors would be nice but the white works.