Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_926587037

Does anyone have Makellos kitchen cabinets? If so, do you like them?

HU-926587037
12 days ago

I’m thinking of getting Makellos white shaker caninets. It’s an RTA line with comparable materials & design (birchwood frame, plywood shelves, MDF middle panel, 6-way Euro hinge, soft close) as more well known brands. i’m hoping for feedback from people who have them. Thanks!!

Comments (8)

• PRO
    HU-0228123141598721
    11 days ago

No name no warranty Vietnamese Chinese Malaysian Mexican imported junk is a dime a dozen. And none of it worth owning.

• HU-926587037
    Original Author
    11 days ago

Their materials and how they are designed/put together is just like more well known brands like Fabuwood (made in Vietnam) and CNC. … Do you have Makellos? I’d like some feedback from someone who owns them

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    11 days ago

They do not even tell you what wood they use these are made God knows where and usually any warranty is useless from cabinets made in Asia Go Ikea at lest you get a warranty that can be used and the quality IMO the best for the price anywhere . I have used them in my designs for 22 yrs and had one warranty issue solved in the store in an hour .

• HU-926587037
    Original Author
    11 days ago

Thanks. The Makellos cabients are birch wood (with plywood shelving). my understanding is that most cabinet warranties (for just about every brand) are limited to hardware… plus any dents and issues upon delivery

• PRO
    Zumi
    11 days ago

Buy something from a decent mid grade American produced line rather than cheap import crapola. Mid grade cabinets and higher quality have LIFETIME warranties.

• HU-926587037
    Original Author
    11 days ago

I’ve founf in my research that these ”lifetime” warranties are more like limited lifetime warranties. So wear and tear isn’t covered. The fine print for cabinet warranties reveal that essentially only nicks and issues upon arrival with cabinets are covered. Anything else (other than hardware issues) are not going to be covered down the road.

• PRO
    Zumi
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

You don’t know what you are talking about. Ive has an entire 9 year old KM kitchen replaced because of a bad batch of paint. Wholesale drawer glide replacements for 13 year old Aristokraft, which isn’t even mid grade. Etc. A good line has less problems to begin with, but they do back them for a lifetime. Of course they do not warranty against stupid things homeowners do like letting kids play field hockey in there or cleaning with gallons of water.

• HU-926587037
    Original Author
    11 days ago

I’m more focused on whether anyone has bought Makellos cabinets. i have a good handle of what the cabinet warranties do and don’t cover