Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarahxo

redecoration needed!!!

sarahxo
10 years ago
I want to change the colours of my bedroom, but I need to keep the furniture! So the colour has to work well with my furniture! I NEED TO GET RID OF THE PINK AND PURPLE! Please help.

Comments (132)

• njmomma
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Wow! I think you went Ikea link crazy. lol and may need to take a coffee break. lol
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Sarah and sea breeze, these are all affordable and available at the same place, to make it easier to get as many bits and pieces as your family will allow you to. They are meant to be mixed and matched and obviously I don't want you to have all those mirrors, but I wanted to give you different choices. They all will look good together though, and the rug I suggested yesterday would look good with the sheepskins layered over it at the bedside or in a grouping of large cushions for sitting and lounging in the corner. You could also make get some similar shallow and long shelves to put some of the lanterns or candleholders on, the shadows will look great on the walls. There are battery powered candles you can use instead of real candles. The pendants I posted are meant for the ceiling, except the very narrow pendant that I posted, that was to hang over the shelves that would act as bedside tables and bedside lamps. But would free up the surface space on shelf to put other things on. :)
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Hi njmomma :)
    Have to give some affordable options, need to make sure she can get a lot of bang for her buck, or really for her pound, since she's in the UK, lol :))
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    And I do need a coffee break, lol, I'm just pouring a cup now :D
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    Woooooooooow trust mforr to come up with gold !!!
    Amazing as usual !!

I can't open the links will have to wait till I get a better signal, on 3G ;(

Great ideas x
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Sea breeze and Sarah, when you open the links, take a look at all the pics that they list. Like this lantern, the first pic of it is just the lantern, but there are two more photos that show it being used, and those pics give you an idea how they'd look in a room, or what to mix with them. The same for many of the other items too. :)
    Example:
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    This was a pic of the shelf I thought could be used as a bedside table. Just to put a clock or a candle, rest a book. A light can hang above it. :)
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    I'm lost sorry hectic I'm not feeling the bed along the wall it's not really the shape of a day bed, I think it has two knobs on the bottom. So mforr I am right in saying you prefer central ?
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    Loooove that latern
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    So crazy Literally can't think straight at the mo is that latern for Sarahs set of drawers or bedside shelf ?
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Lol, the lantern can be for anywhere. It can hang, sit on the chest of drawers or on a shelf. I prefer the bed to sit in center of wall, like the bottom of a T. With the shelves on either side. But if the bed was the same at the foot as it is at the head, then it could work as daybed if she wanted it to. I posted loads of things, just some ideas of stuff that can work together to give a sort of relaxed and bohemian look to the room. She could pop in some brighter colors like the ones that you posted before or she can even throw in some brighter coral/pink. Whatever she really likes, or keep it to the soothing aquas and whites and the hessian, which almost gives it a beach feel. Like the sand and sky and sea.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Do you have better signal yet ?
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    I can post pics if you'd rather, I just posted the links so she could show them to family easily on the ikea site :)
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    Great mforr yep I've managed to get on wireless I like the bits and bobs you've given the links too I have found this paint call jade white what do you thin?, Sarah's revising but now she's got loads to go on and can get stuck in painting you really know how to get things going mforr a credit to houzz not dismissing others here some great posts here.
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    Going to go AWOL need to govern watching peppa pig ;) tnx all x
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Is it a dulux color? I'll check it out. Have fun, playing the referee, enjoy peppa :)x
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    If this is it, I like it :)
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    The closest to my ceiling color is soft fauna 5 from dulux.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    That's my color, pretty similar to your jade white, I think :)))
  • PRO
    becca rea
    10 years ago
    How old are you?? I just re did my whole bedroom and I wanted to pick a color I could have for a long time. I picked retiring blue from sherwin-Williams. All of my furniture is white and I put pictures of me and my friends on a piece of yarn hanging on my wall so decorate and personalize my room
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Young pro :)
  • PRO
    Shiraz Design Inc.
    10 years ago
    I an going with light gray like "silver chain" Benjamin Moore and charcoal rug with light
    pattern. Bedding and accessories could be a combination of sea foam, white, purple gray.
    have a look to this combination on benjamin moore website : excalibur gray+silken pine+cloud nine.you would love it!
    Art works on wall are so important and I do recommend few black decal frames.Adding a night table and a table lamp gives your room more character depends on your taste.
    Good luck
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Something like this, which you could probably find something similar at homesense, would help to tie in the grey brown tones in chest of drawers.

http://www.westelm.co.uk/weathered-wood-spheres-a790?sc=235&category=1668589
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    This would bring in a little shine and still have a relaxed natural feel :)

http://www.westelm.co.uk/cast-metal-jewelry-tree-c381?sc=235&category=1668589
  • sarahxo
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Putting the pale aqua to the side, what do you guys think of this?
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    It's very serene, sort of like the colors we've shown you with the emphasis on the sandy beige.
    Sarahxo, were you able to open the links I posted for you? If you couldn't, I can post the pictures of the items if you'd like me to.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    But the artwork is hung way too high!!! Ask sea breeze how we feel about that ;D
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    Looooool I think it took over 100 posts to get the frames the correct height.

Yes definately too high tut tut

I'm taking it your not feeling the aqua lol. Yes I do like the sandy colour I thought you were after something brighter would that not be too dark ?

It is serene and I guess we could work with it looks good ;)
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    Brighter wrong word I meant lively dur,
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    Dulux colours
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    I like the first pharaohs gold 6.
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    . Prefer this sarah ?
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    Accessories and the lighter wall in the first ?
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    Mforr that is a really nice jewellery tree, nice bits as usual lol. With the sandy wall colours we can still use the white n wooden pieces can't we ?
    If we could have side tables which of the three you posted would you select mforr ?
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    I see this working with that shade.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Depends if she wanted to be more traditional or a little bit more modern. Looking at the pic she posted, I'm thinking she wants more traditional?
    So then probably this one,
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80242627/
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    I agree, lovely lamp :)
    All the accessories would still work, but perhaps no pattern to the bedding, I did post some white bedding and cushions in that sandy color, so a good start if she likes that calm, traditional look :))
  • Sea Breeze
    10 years ago
    Sarah you've got loads of ideas to go on mforr is a treasure n houzz is awesome ;) let us know when you've started ttfn xx
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Sea breeze, you're my favorite!! Have a good weekend with all the kiddies, and good holidays :)x
  • egc613
    9 years ago
    You could make the room orange, teal, and green?