Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yaelanie

Boen Hardwood Floors?

yaelanie
8 years ago
We are looking into installing Boen Hardwood floors in our new home. We would like to hear some reviews and feedback positive or negative about it. Please share your experience. Thanks!

Comments (29)

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    8 years ago

Which type? Engineered click or Engineered tongue and groove?

• Glenn Liao
    7 years ago

Did you ever install those Boen floors? How's your experience? I noticed that they're natural oiled Engineering wood and seem to more prone to scratches compared to competing UV oil finishes.

• brendazzle
    7 years ago
    I'm having Boen Chaletino installed in a few weeks. I'm a little nervous about the natural oil as I've never had this before but love the look.
  • Glenn Liao
    7 years ago

Let us know how it goes. They're beautiful but the natural matte samples I've seen do not hold as well as UV or hard wax oil finishes.

• giedreb
    5 years ago

Had mine for a couple years, oak, looks like the 80 year old solid oak in the rest of the house. Love it, no problems.

• PRO
    BY Interior Designs
    5 years ago

What color did you use? its beautiful.

• Barbara Goldenziel
    3 years ago

I have ash engineered Boen flooring. It is the worst floor I have ever had. It peels, flakes and splits and Boen does not stand behind their product. The floor is 1.5 years old and I am going to have to replace it.

• k_kaster
    last year

@brendazzle Your floors look fabulous and I'm looking at purchasing Boen as well. Would you mind sharing what color and size of Chaletino you purchased? Also, any major issues after all these years?

• Ajdude 101
    last year

@k_kaster she might’ve gotten Oak Sand. I just got mine today. 3,500sqft of it. Laid some boards out in the garage, looks really nice

• k_kaster
    last year

@Ajdude 101 Your Oak Sand looks gorgeous. I ended up ordering Oak Nature Chaletino to brighten up my dark house and we start install tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

• Amy Nield
    last year

We are in the process of installing Boen Oak Animoso Live pure Lacquer. I’m a little nervous as the third party installer has some durability concerns. As they are wiping off the glue it’s staining the floor. We reached out to the supplier and they said they have never had an issue with the floor. Would be interested to hear about how your floors are holding up.

• Jo W
    12 months ago

@k_kaster How did your Oak Nature install turn out? We’re considering that color of Boen flooring for our new house too! Would love to see some photos if you have any :)

• Kate Hui
    10 months ago

Would love to get updated thoughts on Boen, especially anyone whose had them for a few years

• HU-703473058
    10 months ago

I have Boen and they are the worst wearing floors I have ever had. The hardwood scars, peels and scratches. Company would not stand behind the product. Buyer beware!!

• silvisilvi
    8 months ago

I have had the floors for about 6 years. I am terribly unhappy. I believe they have worn so poorly, the finish was so gorgeous but does not hold up to anything really, and they were so very expensive. I am having a floor refinisher/pro come in this week to diagnose but I don't believe they should need what I believe is going to be extensive work while I only have had them less than 7 years.

I am wondering if you had the BOEN representative contact you and have someone look at them?

They are supposed to be warranteed for 25 years?

I am looking into that and you said the company would not stand behind the product so I wonder if you could provide more info on that interchange? I think the surface matte texture to begin with was poor and allows dirt, fluid anything almost to ruin the surface matte appearance. As if it would need constant polish which is ridiculous. I wonder if the company has not changed to product in some way over the years.

• k_kaster
    8 months ago

I've had Boen Chaletino flooring for over a year now, and I still love it. There have been no issues so far.

• Ajdude 101
    8 months ago

@silvisilvi do you have the lacquered Boen floor, or is it oiled? Mine are oiled, can’t see many scratches due to the matte, and the color has changed/ambered a bit due to wear and UV. Happy with them overall

• silvisilvi
    8 months ago

you know i can tell you mine are not lacquered. i have to get the box out and see but they were the pearl color. And yes, they are very ambered as if the inner pearl compound look wears off. This to me is crazy.

for some reason i think that they might have changed the composition of the top layers?

is that possible?

when I first got them, they did not even have BOEN products to use to clean. I was told by the rep at the time to use WOCA.

I mean i expect some wear and tear of course, but they stain, impossible to clean without the white polish pearl look coming off and leaving marks that say FILL ME IN WITH white paste and POLISH.

I spent 20K on these floors for my whole house. The bedrooms are ok obviously since they get little wear.

I am going to contact the company and see if they will come out. I doubt anyone will live up to the 25 year warranty?

• silvisilvi
    8 months ago

Actually, that is not true. The bedrooms also have issues. I will find a photograph.

• Ajdude 101
    8 months ago

Your supplier did not educate you on the maintenance of a Hardwax Oil finish floor. You must use the Boen hardwax oil maintenance kit, or equivalent from Osmo. The Boen freshen up wax cleaner has to be the “white” tinted version. This will maintain the look of the floor. The top layer of wax has that whitish tint. This will also make the floor more waterphobic. If you wet the floor and the color becomes darker, then the floor is not properly sealed with wax. It’s super easy to apply and touch up. After heavy wear, you will need to apply maintenance oil (white). Osmo or Boen. Many guide on YouTube. I prefer this type of finish because it is way easier to touch up and repair. Lacquered or polyurethane floors need to be sanded and refinished and have a plasticky look

• silvisilvi
    8 months ago

They did not have that when I bought. There were no Boen products.

• silvisilvi
    8 months ago

• silvisilvi
    8 months ago

Today, in bedroom, knotty black spot ok, by my right foot just spots used to clean with apporpriate, stains never come out.

• silvisilvi
    8 months ago

• silvisilvi
    8 months ago

@Ajdude 101 thank you so much. But truly when I bought they did not have the BOEN products. It was the BOEN rep, not the store retailer, the BOEN sales person who covered the territory that told me to use WOCA.

Yes, I can see that the paste needs to be applied for the white pearl. But when you have the whole house done and including the kitchen, how is it possible to apply this paste and wax all the time?

Do you move your furniture?

Do you mean spot clean?

Please, please, any help you can provide will be much appreciated.

However, I don't think those original wood separations were more than 2 years old. IN the bedroom. Not by the sunlight. Just appeared.

Why would there be a separation if not the original product had an issue?

I am having the refinisher come and give me an estimate. I am TERRIFIED that the price will be so exorbitant.

I certainly wouldn't have had to have them refinished every year?

They have not been refinished so I know I have the top layer, but also the bevel edges in between the gorgeous long planks all look iffy, to me.

Ajdude 101 thank you so much.

• silvisilvi
    8 months ago

• Tasia Thorne
    11 days ago
    last modified: 8 days ago

@Ajdude 101 I would love to see more pictures of your floor. Do you like it? I’m considering the oak sand color but I’m worried it will look gray. https://www.houzz.com/user/ajdude-101

• Barbara Goldenziel
    11 days ago

I have Boen ash engineered wood. The color is beautiful However, these floors scratch and mar very easily and Boen does not stand behind their product. I am extreemly unhappy with my Boen floor.

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County