Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dotsandstripes123

Miele Dishwasher Quick Intense cycle suddenly only 7 minutes

dotsandstripes 123
10 months ago

My Miele dishwasher is almost 5 years old and all of sudden the time of the Quick Intense cycle is now 7 minutes, in contrast to the usual 57 minutes. I haven't changed anything. Obviously the dishes can't get washed properly in 7 minutes. Any ideas on how to change the cycle time back to the "normal" time of 57ish minutes?

Comments (8)

• Lila S
    10 months ago

Maybe after practicing for five year she can nail it in 7 minutes 😏. Run it and see if only the digital is miss leading.

dotsandstripes 123 thanked Lila S
  • dotsandstripes 123
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Haha...I wish that was the case. It really is only a cycle of 7 minutes. Not even enough time to pop open the soap dispenser.

• Lila S
    10 months ago

I had my Miele for little over a month now, after finishing the detergent that comes with it I started using Cascade and everything was fine, then last week I opened the dishwasher and a white film was all over the glasses! I refilled with Rinse aid which wasn’t empty, and reran it but it was still the same. I opened the salt compartment and found the salt had hardened like a rock, I broke it with my hand and reran it and everything was fine. I don’t know if that was the reason. About your question, I’m no help here, but hopefully you extended your warranty.

dotsandstripes 123 thanked Lila S
  • artemis78
    10 months ago

Is it actually "completing" the cycle, or is it just stopping seven minutes in? If the latter, that is a hallmark sign for our Miele that it has something amiss, usually in the drain. Ours is a much older model but has an intake drain light that will flash when that happens. Relatively early on in the cycle, it checks to make sure everything is in order and stops if something is wrong. Then you have to decode it to figure out what exactly that is (but I think on newer models with displays, you can get them to give you a code--ours flashes in Morse code-like patterns that we check against the manual to see what problem they correspond to).

dotsandstripes 123 thanked artemis78
  • whirlpool_trainee
    10 months ago

Isn't it that the Quick Intense cycle becomes a rinse-only cycle when you add a speed option (I think Miele call it Turbo or Express) to it?

dotsandstripes 123 thanked whirlpool_trainee
  • wdccruise
    10 months ago

@whirlpool_trainee: "Isn't it that the Quick Intense cycle becomes a rinse-only cycle when you add a speed option (I think Miele call it Turbo or Express) to it?"

For current Miele G7156SCVI that is the case for QuickIntenseWash + Express as explained in the box on page 58 of the User Guide. But he didn't say he was using that combination (or provide the dishwasher's model number).

I would try turning the dishwasher's circuit breaker off and on to see if it resets the dishwasher's operation. Can't hurt.

dotsandstripes 123 thanked wdccruise
  • Luke Neill
    10 days ago

Thanks same problem above lol