Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dianalo_loco

Has anyone bought from Steve's Blinds and Wallpaper?

dianalo
13 years ago

Hi all,

I saw a recommendation here for Steve's blinds and wallpaper and order for 6 rooms from them in the end of January. I got calls about a few things that needed to be clarified or changed, but still don't have any WTs delivered yet. I am not ready for install since there is still a lot of painting to do, so was not too worried. However, I googled their name to make sure I had it right for the other post about WT companies, and found a website with a slew of consumer complaints about them.

I'd love to hear real world experiences from GWers and am hoping all will be well with my large order (over $1k)...

Comments (8)

• User
    13 years ago

I ordered *custom* blinds locally and the items took 6+ weeks for most of them. My shutters took about 12 weeks.

The end of Jan. wasn't very long ago. Did their web site say they ship immediately?

• dianalo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

They promised within 48 hours or it is free, but there is a disclaimer about not being responsible for mfr delays or backorders (or anything wider than 96"). I ordered 6 different WTs, only 1 wider than 96" and not all the same (but they are all white) so think that at least some should have arrived by now. I emailed them and will follow up with a call tomorrow. Out of 5 different wts, from 3 different mfrs, they can't all be mfr delays or backordered and if they were, shouldn't I have been kept abreast of what is going on?
    I ordered from the Steve's Exclusive Collection but was told by cs that it was 3 different mfrs. Some are blinds, some shades and a set of verticals.

• SteveBlinds
    13 years ago

Dear Dianalo,

First let me thank you for business. Rest assured you are in good hands. I have sent an e-mail to our customer service supervisor as well as our vice president of operations to follow up on the status of your order first thing tomorrow morning. One of them will get in touch with you tomorrow and will provide an update. You can also always send me an e-mail directly at steve@stevesblinds.com. Again, thank you very much for your business. Sincerely, Steve katzman, President

• dianalo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Steve. I was getting worried that I had not received anything. I ordered in time to get a special of yours and had not noticed the shipping guarantee (was in the grip of the flu as well). It has been 2.5 weeks and I got a call this Thurs or Fri about my order about options, and it made me wonder why it took so long for someone to notice that I had ordered options that were incompatible with the sizes and also why the options were allowed by the website at the time of the order.
    I have had a bit go wrong with my reno and I would love for something/anything to go smoothly!

• dianalo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Update:
    I spoke to someone in customer service yesterday and they are working on getting my order out. I received one wt this a.m. out of the 6 ordered.
    I asked for a discount because they did not live up to the shipping guarantee as promised and am awaiting word on that because she needs to speak to a higher up.
    In the meantime, they called this a.m. to let me know that the thermal liner I ordered on 1 shade is not available and that I'd have to change my option on that one. It is 3 weeks after my order, so I am disappointed that they are just noticing that now. I was under the impression from the above posting and email I received that my order was being taken care of, only to find out another detail had slipped through the cracks.
    I am trying to be patient but I have had too many snafus in too short a time period. The fact that my kitchen was only half delivered last week and then I got stood up yesterday on the redelivery, and since I was shorted on my kitchen/den floor, which install has now been delayed until Fri, it is hard not to be very testy. I have been dealing with customer services, missing time at work and neglecting other things that need doing. We are so close, yet so far from done.
    I will keep you posted how this gets resolved.

• Susan LaMadeleine
    3 months ago

Very disappointed with the customer service at this company, I ordered wallpaper on Jan 5th and still have not recieved!!! I have contacted customer service several times and only 1 responce saying that they are working with the manufracture. I tried calling this morning to cancel my order and the number is out of service and their website has been down for 3 days. Not sure what kind of business this is? I have ordered from this company before and never had a problem, but this time is a nightmare!!!!

• k m
    last month

I have ordered from Steve's three different times and have always received an exceptional product, quickly, and for a great price. The first time a roller shade arrived damaged and Steve's promptly sent out a replacement for free. Can't ask for more.

• Diane Ostlund
    12 days ago

I have been very pleased with the products I received from Steve’s - I my last house I ordered all woven woods for all of my downstairs windows - 18 windows - they were everything I was looking for - I used tortoise blinds under white linen drapes - they were perfect!!! Arrived on time and only one had a slight size problem - it was replaced immediately! Shared with friends!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations