Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kjoy1

CHURCH PEW DILEMMA

kjoy1
5 years ago
last modified: 7 months ago

Hi guys:) I got my hands on a church pew from the church I went to as a child and was married in. The ideal location I would like to put it is in this bay window near my kitchen table. Pros...it is a perfect spot to sit and watch my kiddos in the backyard and watch the sunset. Cons...I feel like it might be too long for that area and possibly an oak overload with my oak hardwood floors and oak table. Looking forward to your opinions...

Love it
Hate it

Comments (13K)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    13 days ago

Wow! Fantasyland I know that was a ton of work. After the last two Houzz updates, I am not getting notifications. Grr. So I was hunting for your thread to give you a sneek peak of our new bedroom! Still need art up. We are really enjoying the new place. Each day we get better and better!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    13 days ago

This is a study in utilizing the pieces you have. I want to change bedding but am waiting til we are in a while and recover from moving expenses! The colors in pictures aren’t true but it’s really pretty. 😂

• Alice Edwards
    13 days ago

Flo your room looks really pretty. The beige and blue looks like! Wait! Where are the accent chairs you used to have in your master with the slanted backs?

• happyleg
    12 days ago

Your room looks very beautiful I love that I'm and I love the blue curtains all the drapes I mean

• happyleg
    12 days ago

Stupid phone I used to have blue drapes myself

• liasch
    12 days ago

Lovely Flo…elegant!

• liasch
    12 days ago

Thanks Kjoy i’m needing some blue upstairs in my house and I am looking for the right Colour.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    12 days ago

Thanks everyone. It’s lighter and so pretty in person! Drapery nearly matches pale wall color but doesn’t show in these photos! Loving it. Not for everyone but we love it!

• DD Deco
    11 days ago

Beautiful Flo, can’t believe how fast you put it together!! 😅

• DD Deco
    11 days ago

Kjoy, Just wow, love it!! 😍

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    11 days ago

Kjoy. My Houzz is really delaying posts. Just saw your pictures. So serene and lovely. Your mirror looks beautiful! I appreciate using your thread briefly since folks were asking me for some pics. But your handywork with that trim is better than many pros could pull off!! Well done!!

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Wow Flo it is coming together beautifully. You have been working so hard 💪

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    10 days ago

Flo so good you are making the new place feel like home! room came together nicely..great you can still use all your furniture pieces.

• Lizzie Borden
    10 days ago

Hello Flo, Your bedroom is beautiful. Wonderful to have such a respite at the end of the day after all your hard work. Just lovely! 😊

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Thoughts on using the sconces that i have in my bathroom for the bedroom as well. I just guessed on size in the mockup…

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    10 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

I have also been saving artwork like this on Pinterest. Maybe a diy project that my artsie son could help me with🤷‍♀️ I plan on having art in the molding between room door and closet door as i ended up putting one large molding box on that wall

• Molly
    10 days ago

Kjoy would the sconces provide enough light?

• Alice Edwards
    10 days ago

Kjoy1 love love love the art!!!

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Good point Molly. I am not really sure.

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    10 days ago

I do too Alice. Simple but eloquent.

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Eloquent ? Elegant…

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    9 days ago

Kjoy it looks so beautiful! love the DIY art! when I was doing my daughters nursery way back in the 80’s I went to my local salvation army and scooped up all the smaller wide framed art….than I removed the glass kept the art but spray painted the entire piece of art and frame one color..than added rub on decals..super cute I think it is kinda the same thing..super easy. I do think you need different sconces.

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    9 days ago

Are you going to install hardwire or plug in?

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    9 days ago

I can do either but was hoping DH would hardwire them in. Also open to just doing lamps.

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    9 days ago
    last modified: 9 days ago

If lamps what is budget?

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    9 days ago

Went to HL today to look for some various picture frames that I could paint all one color. Came home with this cute grouping but I think it is too small for that wall

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    9 days ago

👎🏻

• Parker Murphy
    9 days ago

It seems too small to me but it sure is a cute grouping. Is there another spot you could put them?

• Molly
    9 days ago

It’s definitely too small for that spot. Is there anywhere else to hang them?

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    8 days ago

Kjoy they sure are cute, but very small🙁 anywhere in your kitchen you could hang them?

• PRO
  • PRO
  • kjoy1
    Original Author
    7 days ago

Both looks are quite beautiful HIWE 😍

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    7 days ago

What height should I be looking for HIWE? I like this one best

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    7 days ago

I like with small scale for your NS and lower headboard…build.com..what is the size of your NS?

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    7 days ago
    last modified: 7 days ago

More expensive but so pretty..love this online site…RubyClaycompany.com so many cute lamps! 27” high does not include the shade…oversized look but may be too big depends on size of the NS..other shapes and colors available…all handmade.

• Parker Murphy
    7 days ago

Kjoy- I have the exact lamp that Julie showed you. That Jonathan why. It’s 22 inches high. The chest is 26 inches. You can compare that to your nightstands?
    It maybe should’ve been higher, but it’s really a cute lamp

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    7 days ago

Thanks HIWE and Parker!

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    7 days ago

Thoughts on size and shape of these for my art…

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    7 days ago

I think this lamp is adorable

• kjoy1
    Original Author
    7 days ago

Should I paint all the frames black…like this one?

• Alice Edwards
    7 days ago

I was going to mention doing black or a navy in there. Is the lamp blue or black? Hard to tell? Probably my monitor

• Alice Edwards
    7 days ago

Or which ever with a fine gold outer to match your mirror frame on the other side?

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    7 days ago

Kjoy that art arrangment is perfect so sweet! love the all black or dark charcoal frame….but all creamy white would be gorgeous too….all would be pretty! the lamp is so perfect!

• liasch
    5 days ago

I would go with light rather than dark as your room has a lighter feel to it. I think the black would be too high contrast.

• glschisler
    5 days ago

I think I would also go lighter on the frames…

• happyleg
    5 days ago

I wouldn't paint all the frames black make a focal point if you want with the black because it could become too dark and not flow well

• Parker Murphy
    5 days ago

I prefer the lighter frames too because the room is so pretty and light. Are you planning on adding more black to the room. I know you are leaning towards the lamp with the black birds and have black in the pillow- just wondering if you wanted to add more- and then the black frames make more sense.

When you look at your walls do you see grey or blue? I see the prettiest shade of a pale pale blue. Love it!

• liasch
    2 days ago

Agree on the blue tone in that gray Parker, which is one of the reasons why I’m thinking of stealing it for my bathroom. I love the color! I can see little touches of black here and there…just not in the frames.

• liasch
    2 days ago

I think the black in the art pulls it together with the rest of the black in the room and then with the light coloured frame it will keep it from being too heavy.