Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_769944889

What armless side chairs match natural wood / live edge dining table?

MeliRay Wolowicz
13 days ago

Looking for recommendations for a set of 4 armless side chairs that would match what we have already picked out (but not purchased) as a dining table.

• Hoping to pay around $100 or less per chair... no more than $150 per chair.
  • Mid-Century Modern Style
  • Armless
  • Side Chairs
  • Light Gray
  • Solid Wood
  • Walnut Finish
  • 2 of them fit on each side of the table comfortably

This is what we've picked so far:

Butterfly Mid-Century Dining Chair, Walnut Finish and Charcoal Fabric · More Info

I think I've looked at 5,000 chairs, so any ideas and recommendations would be appreciated.

The dining room sits next to the kitchen open-concept and the rest of the space has these colors::

• White Oak Floors with a natural finish
  • On The Rocks light gray/white walls
  • Downing Grey kitchen island and kitchen counter bottoms
  • White/Gray Quartz Countertop
  • Black hardware
  • White cabinets
  • Grey Hexagonal Kitchen Backsplash
  • Dark Wooden beams on the ceiling
  • Light grey/offwhite stone on the fireplace

Pic of the space for reference, the red area is where the dining table would go:

Other ideas for better usage and layout of space are welcomed. But we want to stay in the mid-century modern (more modern) realm. :)

Comments (5)

• TanCalGal
    13 days ago

I'd like the wood of the chair to repeat the wood of the table. If that is not possible, I'd like all black chairs to repeat the table legs.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

You have a nearly square room, at nearly 11 x 12'

It would look better as a round table.

Picked or ordered? : ) I'd re think it.

You'll have not less than 39" table to wall and 45 " table to kitchen and window walls.

Table to any obstruction is fine at 36"... but you have doors and passages and kitchen end of island?

MeliRay Wolowicz thanked JAN MOYER
  • MeliRay Wolowicz
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Jan, thank you! Yes, we were also considering this 47" round table from Wayfair.

But we are not sure how many chairs would be a good number for this table, what would be comfortable and what would be too much.

And the chairs we picked and love don't seem to come in a lighter grey fabric or lighter wood. So I am still left with the question of which chairs to get.

Yes, we do have doors and passages and a kitchen island. You guessed correctly the patio is on the right. The master bedroom is on the left. Your drawing was a huge help!

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    12 days ago

I agree a round table would be better. And I'd go with chairs that have fabric as a contrast to the wood and metal. I happen to like Parsons chairs, either upholstered or slipcovered.

Upholstered:

Modern meets traditional home in the suburbs · More Info

Slipcovered:

Modern English Countryside · More Info

You don't have to do white fabric. Colors would work too, if you pick something that works with the colors of your kitchen.

MeliRay Wolowicz thanked Sabrina Alfin Interiors
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

The most convenient in a round is pedestal, with no legs in the way. all below are 54"

Arhaus below........

This one is "Enzo"

Arhaus again " Wagner".....nice mid cen feel, but legs: ) maybe not a deal breaker!

Wayfair, below.

Nice price, e stone top

AMAZON!!!/ SECOND PHOTO IN YOUR PRICE RANGE!!: )

PAIRED.................??below and all will work: )

Arhaus "Enzo" in bluestone

Arhaus "wagner" w/amazon

Wayfair w/ amazon

You can very COMFORTABLY get five, and 6 is a tad tighter, but not impossible

Note:

I get new homes and budgets, you're young perhaps. But you tend to get what you pay for. Depends you have kids....or not.: ) as well.