Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mnboutiques

I need help in finishing my kitchen!! Please!!

Parker Murphy
5 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I started a re-do on my kitchen last spring and just can't seem to finish . I got new granite(snowfall) and new backsplash and changed the paint from deep wine red to green. Now I don't know what to do . I am also enclosing a picture of my living room so you can see my color palette in the house. (reds, yellows, and greens) The last picture is a more accurate depiction of the kitchen color. It was taken before I decorated walls and got new white chairs(that need to be re-upholstered)

I need help with window treatment, lighting over table and sink and upholstery for the chairs.

Thank you for your help.

Comments (32K)

• liasch
    3 days ago

More green than blue…topic? Botanical?

Parker Murphy thanked liasch
  • hamfast
    3 days ago

Weren’t there some botanical prints that you didn’t buy from the original series?

• liasch
    3 days ago

These are both on Wayfair.

• liasch
    3 days ago

Fairly small. One has multiple size choices.

• Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    3 days ago

Hi Liasch- I was just looking again. I definitely want green and blue. Hoping for more green than blue but maybe if I have green towels and bathmat, blue could be the predominant color in the picture.

We like birds? We like nature. I just looked at egrets on line but too white and blue. We like impressionists. I don't want photos.

You did a great job finding Klee for Lola. Very good! I hope it works for her.

• Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    3 days ago

I like these.

• Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    3 days ago

And of course sheep!

• liasch
    3 days ago

That sheep picture is charming… I would go with that! It’s always nice to have a scene that expands the view in a small space.

• kcooz07
    3 days ago

So far my favorites are the flowerpots and single hydrangea. Various greens to match the towels and blue to carry from the family room. Probably too soon for votes. 😁

Parker Murphy thanked kcooz07
  • Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    3 days ago

Thanks Kcooz and Liasch. I always welcome what you like, so thanks ! Once I get it narrowed down to 2-3 ( there could be more potential art submitted:)) I will open it up to official voting. Right now it's anyones game.

• Amanda Smith
    3 days ago

I like the idea of some type of landscape that will serve as a ”window” in the room. I also liked the blue florals you bought at Kirkland’s. Have you returned them?

Parker Murphy thanked Amanda Smith
  • glschisler
    2 days ago

I too like a landscape picture, especially in a small room. It gives a view.🤓

Parker Murphy thanked glschisler
  • Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    2 days ago

Should I be putting picture above toilet? I like to see something when I glance in the room. Then towels on towel bar for color.

• Alice Edwards
    2 days ago

You do have room to left of shower door. But above toilet needs something. How about a cute corner shelf there with a little ivy or something for the dash of green then a tall narrow art on either side. One above toiler and one left of shower door kind of matching. Simple but colorful decor for that entire corner. Unless you need storage like shelf, but you probably don’t in there?

Parker Murphy thanked Alice Edwards
  • Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    2 days ago
    last modified: 2 days ago

Alice- I had thought a shelf too above the toilet and a picture above the towels? I really don't worry about storage. This bathroom isn't used much as we have storage under sink for the basics.

DH likes this Van Gogh. It's a possibility? Certainly has the colors I like..

• liasch
    2 days ago

If you’re picking two images it gets a little bit trickier they need to complement each other. I agree one to the left of the shower. And then maybe one over the towel rack and then little shelves over the toilet as Alice suggested. With the Plant… if you’re doing too I suggest the one over the towels should be a view like the sheep or the van Gogh and the one beside the shower should be a close-up like the hydrangeas.

• happyleg
    2 days ago

I like that art of Van Gogh that is lovely for your bathroom

Parker Murphy thanked happyleg
  • Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    2 days ago
    last modified: 2 days ago

Liasch I don't think I am picking two images unless I don't use a shelf? I ordered the sconces to try and am going to pick up gold mirror at Kirklands

• Alice Edwards
    2 days ago

Oh I just saw an image Parker, won’t post bc it was so not your bathroom, but they had art over potty then a really pretty hand towel ring on the right with a pretty hand towel hanging. Might that give you something on that wall left of shower door?

• Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    yesterday

I love the joy in this art but wrong colors. :(

• Alice Edwards
    yesterday

Parker that is too cute!!

• Amanda Smith
    yesterday

I love this art. It may not be what you are looking for, but it would be like a window in your bathroom.

• Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    yesterday

Thanks Amanda- it's very nice but very white on my white walls. I want some color. :)

• Alice Edwards
    yesterday

Just scouting here myself with you 💗

• Amanda Smith
    yesterday

You will putting it over the toilet, correct? So you will need a vertical orientation?

• Alice Edwards
    yesterday

You’re right Amanda, vertical would be best there! Darn, sure liked all the little farm animals lol. Something to gaze and see some cute details.

• Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    yesterday

Thanks Alice.But I really don't want barns and farm animals though you can't tell that from my obsession with sheep! LOL

• PRO
    Parker Murphy thanked Home Interiors With Ease
  • Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    yesterday
    last modified: yesterday

Julie- I like the bottom right ones. Were they from Ballards.?I posted them a long time ago when I bought the botanicals for over the console. I feel they would be too repetitive if I put in bathroom too.

I like the other blue flowers from Kirklands also.

Did you look at other pictures I posted too?

What I am wondering is ? Where should I hang the pictures? Over the toilet or above tall rack?

• happyleg
    yesterday

If your bathroom has a vent fan in the ceiling for this humidity and steam the van goghart would be just fine in there otherwise buy something else cheap maybe just one picture that's big enough then a whole bunch of little ones I don't know

Parker Murphy thanked happyleg
  • Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    yesterday

I find this one very pretty and calming. :)

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    yesterday

Amazon..I like the eucalyptus for the bathroom..simple and pulls all the colors together…like the black frames…I would put them stacked over the toliet area so you can see the color when looking intomthe bathroom..add a couple black or gold towel/robe hooks on wall next to shower…green rug green towels.

• Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    yesterday

Julie- Just have to double check :) You don't think it matters that I have botanicals in next room. I really like the eucalyptus but worry about duplication. They are only 11 inches wide. Seems to skinny to stack?

Could I still get the flowers from kirklands over the towels to get more blue and something to look at when sitting? :)

• Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    yesterday

Julie- I think you are maybe right that they would work stacked above. I like the idea of a towel by the shower - if nothing else, some color.

• Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    yesterday

The kirkland pictures are too tall. They would actually be 2 inches taller. My poster board was only 28 inches and the pics are 30 inches. would jumping hares work there. Too different?

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    yesterday

The stacked art size works perfect over the tank..yes a hook next to shower with one green towel hanging or a cute guest robe….really no need for anything over towel bar..wait and see how it looks and you can always add something later.

• Amanda Smith
    yesterday

I would put something other than botanicals in the bathroom. You have so many alrady upstairs and down. How does that Kirkland blue floral fit over the toilet?

• Amanda Smith
    yesterday

The blue hydrangeas would be very pretty in my opinion.

• glschisler
    yesterday

I have 2 stacked pictures over one of our toilets, and I really like them there rather than separated pictures. Other bathrooms just have one picture, and they are over the toilets. I guess I worry about people knocking the pictures if they are hanging up their towels. Hhmmmm… hadn’t really thought about it before, but I do have small bathrooms.

Parker Murphy thanked glschisler
  • Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    16 hours ago
    last modified: 15 hours ago

Good Morning! Well, I ordered the eucalyptus pictures from Amazon and.... I ordered the long stemmed hydrangea pictures that I found in a different size. They are 10x24 with black frames. I am hoping they will work and add a bit of blue in the room. We will see. I have to wait 5 days.

I am also waiting for the gold sconces from Home Depot to arrive. I am going to pick up a gold mirror at Kirklands today. Now I just need a towel hook by the shower?

• Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    14 hours ago
    last modified: 14 hours ago

Julie- question about the mirror. The sink is 26 inches wide and the present mirror above the sink is 20 x 28. The gold arched mirror is 24 x 36. The original one at HD was 24x36. So is the one at Kirklands. I did find one at Home Depot that is 20 x 30. Which size should I get? Thank you!!

• Nora Lambert
    13 hours ago

Parker, would you have enough room between the scones for 24”? I know you are getting new scones so that may not be an issue!

• Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    13 hours ago

Good point Nora!

• Alice Edwards
    12 hours ago

Parker, I had mentioned the towel hook, could add interest but I’m now realizing for a lovely hand towel, it’s really not beside the sink 😕

• Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    11 hours ago
    last modified: 11 hours ago

The distance between the sconce to the wall is 1 1/2 and from sconce to mirror is 1 1/2 inches. The mirror at this point is 19 inches. I think I need a 20 inch mirror instead of 24!

I tried the Pink Stuff on the caulking in the shower- no luck- but no worries because they will be removing all the caulking June 10. :)

I tried some on the gold part of door and I think it will help. I got a lot of gunk off but I am going to work on it when they take it off next month. It will be easier to work on then.

• liasch
    8 hours ago

Agree… that should be a small hand towel holder or a bar just to the left of the sink. Then your shower towels on the rack opposite the toilet.

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    6 hours ago
    last modified: 6 hours ago

Hey Parker here are three that are the proper width but a bit longer…you need more length..one has a shelf on it might be cute.

• Parker Murphy
    Original Author
    5 hours ago
    last modified: 5 hours ago

Thanks Julie!

I ordered the arched one this afternoon from Home Depot before I got your message. It is 20 x 30. Isn't the new one you posted 20x30 also? I can easily return the arch. You know me!

Are you feeling the rectangular would be better? Did you know it was beaded all around?

• cam_natale
    4 hours ago

I think the arched mirror would be nice, the curve of the sink with the curve of the mirror. Nice!

Parker Murphy thanked cam_natale
  • PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    1 hour ago

Parker the Home Depot one will look really nice! good job!🤗