Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linachoudhry

Help with bedding to match!

linachoudhry
15 days ago

We are trying to style our bedding to compliment the furniture and are having a tough time and would appreciate help ! included a picture of the current room.

/ Would a white or cream duvet with burnt orange pillows as an accent work? Don't want to be too busy on bedding since theres a lot of color. Some ideas attached. thanks!

Comments (16)

• PRO
    lisedv
    15 days ago
    last modified: 15 days ago

Unfortunately I find your nightstands and lamps too small so I've enlarged them below. I suggest you buy several sizes of accent pillows (with feather inserts) and prop them up against the headboard. I chose one of the blues from your painting and I've added side draped for a more finished look decor. It's a more subdued colour than the orange you were thinking of but lets your painting be the star!

linachoudhry thanked lisedv
  • Kendrah
    15 days ago

I like the terra cotta and grey pillows. Although I am a huge fan of neutrals, I would not do a cream or white bed duvet cover. The dark grey confines of the headboard and foot of the bed call for a more saturated color. I'd do a terra cotta duvet along with the pillows you showed.

linachoudhry thanked Kendrah
  • Cara Fidler
    14 days ago
    last modified: 14 days ago

If you want to go with the white or cream duvet, rather than the rust colored pillow, I would choose one or both of the two colors at the bottom of the painting---blueish green and it looks like blue, and choose a solid color pillow==not the ones that are bisected that you show in the pics. I would mix both blue and the greenish blue for pillows.

linachoudhry thanked Cara Fidler
  • Paul F.
    14 days ago

The artwork looks a little high. Side tables too small. As Kendrah said the color of the bed kind of preludes you from being so neutral. Even the nice render above relies on covering up the headboard. I could not deal with 3 feet of pillows.

linachoudhry thanked Paul F.
  • PRO
    linachoudhry thanked Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    14 days ago

The rainbow artwork seems too large and too strong compared to your other selections. Too many rectangles on top of rectangles in this room. It could use some relief in a different shape.

I agree the nightstands and lamps are undersized for the bed.

linachoudhry thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    14 days ago

I try to work with what you have

linachoudhry thanked Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • Paul F.
    14 days ago

Almost certainly that painting is too overwhelming for the space. Even adding a border on a smaller version of it suddenly the white bedding makes more sense and looks great with Celery's orange.

linachoudhry thanked Paul F.
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    14 days ago

Just flipping and lowering the painting could help the room in a big way.

linachoudhry thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    14 days ago

agree, nightstands way too small. you have all that dead space.

go w/double the size you have now

I like how beverly did this.

I don't mind the artwork, but it's hung far too high. can it go on another wall in here?

here's what I'd do. half drapes like shown, larger black nightstands in this style, larger lamp

rug, bench (not exactly this one) and a patterned duvet cover w/pillows (pick something w/a bit of black in them)

you don't have to have drapes. but you do need larger nightstands like shown in this pic.

if you want white nightstands, then do something this size.

i'd also consider a bench of some type at the foot of the bed, and an area rug 2/3 under the bed to break up all of that gray

linachoudhry thanked Beth H. :
  • linachoudhry
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Thanks! cant buy new furniture at this point so trying to style with what i have

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    14 days ago

• Jennifer Hogan
    14 days ago

I'd go for broke with that bold art. Have fun, add color.

• marylut
    14 days ago

Great room to work with! Nightstands seem to tall for mattress height, too small compared to bed and lamp size, too small for the expansive wall, and the white is a bit too stark for bed frame. Get the proportions right or something will always seem “off”. Then move on to bedding and window treatment decisions.

• TanCalGal
    14 days ago

This vibrant art is the focal point of the room. Medium gray duvet and shams. One small throw pillow (size of the pillow you have) to reapeat teal color in art.