last modified: 14 days ago

Comments (23)

• Boxerpal
    14 days ago

I vote No.

I love the color of your island. Pretty space

• millworkman
    14 days ago

What does the home look like from outside?

• dan1888
    14 days ago

I would use a single fixed window without horizontal muntins or vertical mullions - full use of current window technology.

• Paul F.
    14 days ago

We need to see the style of the home.

• eam44
    14 days ago

Another No. Even if the rest of the house has them.

Alicia thanked eam44
  • Alicia
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Rest of the home has no muntins. It’s a 80s post and beam timber frame

• kculbers
    14 days ago

I agree: no. Beautiful view and home!!

Alicia thanked kculbers
  • Paul F.
    14 days ago

I'm confused why you would even ask.

Alicia thanked Paul F.
  • P Banos
    14 days ago

Your house is great, reminds me very much of my own if it grew larger. No muntins. I have kitchen envy.

Alicia thanked P Banos
  • Alicia
    Original Author
    14 days ago

I guess I have always preferred muntins over no muntins because my style is more traditional but our house was built int he 80s and leans more contemporary. My husband of course prefers the no muntins. If I could I'd swap out all the windows for windows with muntins and try to make the house more "english country cottage" style but I think I am trying to force the house too much and need to accept it for the style it is.

Thank you for the kind comments! The photos of the kitchen are renderings, not how the kitchen currently looks, but it *will* look similar come July! Excited to finally have an updated kitchen - our JennAir from 1986 finally died and has an inadequate downdraft so we are moving the range to the wall as you see in the renderings.

• Alicia
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Current kitchen:

• P Banos
    14 days ago

I agree with your husband. Love your 80s contemporary for what it is. The best thing about my house is like yours - natural views out every window so you can enjoy the changes of season.

I have two rooms - a bedroom and a small sitting room that I call the "granny rooms" because they have furniture, paintings and fabric crafts that have been passed to me from my grandmothers, my great aunt, and my mom.

• Jennz9b
    14 days ago

Definitely no- seems obvious since the rest of the house is muntin free.

• marylut
    14 days ago

Create your English Country Cottage feel via the garden landscape! Your home and land is a beaut!

• rebunky
    14 days ago

Clear glass to enjoy that beautiful yard!

I am also soooo glad you will be moving the stove to the perimeter. Love the colors and the wood beams!

I am curious, in the rendering, what is that grey and white thing on the island?

• Alicia
    Original Author
    13 days ago

@rebunky the rendering software only had islands with ranges on them so I tried to cover it up with a slab of marble but it didn’t quite cover it all the way haha

• rwiegand
    13 days ago

Muntins break up the "blank stare" exterior look all too common on modern houses. I've always had them and never found them to interfere with the views from inside. Except in a house with a giant window designed to capture the view of the ski mountain I'd almost always use them. So I'll be the contrarian and say yes.

• Andee
    13 days ago

Depends on what you want in your direct view: muntins or landscape. We just bought a lake house with muntins on the large slider door with the fabulous view. It’s all I could “see”. First thing we renovated was that door. We’ve had it for 4 months and the difference is noticeable without the muntins - we still mention it to each other.

• dan1888
    13 days ago

To add the character you enjoy, think of the window as a canvas. Frame it with a wide multilevel frame. Picture frame level material is a recommendation. I've seen this. Every time you enter the space your eyes will be drawn to the beautiful and ever-changing artwork. It's really better than any painting.

• Jennifer
    13 days ago

I see why you like muntins because I like them too! But I think you should keep with the style of the house & go with no muntins. Plus as others have said, you have a beautiful view!

• lkloes
    12 days ago

No way! Don’t obstruct that lovely view.

• PRO
    Arden Hills Estates
    12 days ago

For me, matters in keeping with the rest of the houses windows