Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_146274139

Does this billiards table complement our kitchenette cabinets?

Rae J
16 days ago

Hi everyone!! I have a huge dilemma. My husband and I are looking for a new billiards table for our basement and found an amazing deal with this beautiful nut brown billiards table shown below. I’m just curious if it would complement our cherry red kitchenette cabinets. All feedback is much appreciated!!

Yes, it does!!
No, pick a different billiards table.

Comments (14)

• Rho Dodendron
    16 days ago

A bigger dilemma is that the chairs don't compliment the top of the billiards table.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    15 days ago

Maybe if you have to ask, YOU think it doesn't?

These turn up for sale at amazing prices- if only because people find they don't use them or they move: ) and it has no place to go.

• arcy_gw
    15 days ago

🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• millworkman
    15 days ago

Personally I do not think a billiard table (even cherry wood) would "compliment" kitchen cabinets. They are not two things that typically would share a space or even be in close proximity to one another.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    15 days ago
    last modified: 15 days ago

I try to discourage this elephant in any space. They begin as a bunny rabbit.....and curiously always become the elephant , lol

I suppose the exception is someone has a budding Olympian in the home ? Or a shark?

• Jennz9b
    15 days ago

this might be a joke

• Rae J
    Original Author
    15 days ago

Thank you for the responses! It’s clear to me that none of you have a basement with amenities to entertain guests properly.

• Yvonne Martin
    15 days ago

i'm of the opinion that two different dark woods blend well. Have a good time in your lovely game room.

• chispa
    15 days ago

It should work just fine. You can always take one of your cabinet doors down to the billiard store and compare to the table. I had a similar tan colored felt on our billiard table and really liked the color.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    15 days ago

Basement entertaining is somewhat regional and personal.

"Properly" has different definitions as well. That said? I don't go in them whether walk out, paneled , glorious in some regard .... none. I spent enough time down below as a teen to last my lifetime. Wine cellar , 200 inch tv. games..... no matter. I like the ground level: )

• Boxerpal
    15 days ago

I would bet you have the best parties. My kids always begged for a pool table. So much fun!!! Your selection goes perfectly fine. This is a party room and the woods will work. Get it and start practicing so when you host a party you will be the "Pool Shark!"

• palimpsest
    15 days ago

Could you take a door and see how they look together in person?

I don't think wood tones need to match, but sometimes a near miss looks like you tried to match but did not.

Yes, pool tables often end up on the market when people move. So do pianos, because they are expensive to move. Pools happen to be a negative for many people where I grew up because the swimming season is so short.

None of that means that people shouldn't have them and enjoy them for as long as that happens to be, just because to some people they are, or turn into white elephants.

• elcieg
    15 days ago

IMO, no, it does not compliment the cabinets either in color or style ( Art Deco look). But a good deal is a good deal and it is in the basement and you and your guests are having fun, so how important is it to you to have a match? There is a incongruous scheme going on anyway....

Is the deal better than $1700.00, with an extra 10% off and free shipping?

https://bustinbilliardsgametables.com/products/7ft-pool-table-with-cherry-finish

• la_la Girl
    15 days ago

A nice pool table is $$$ - if this was in good condition and worked for my room size - I would do it. fun trumps decor in my book!