Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reallen

color choice for star wars theme

reallen
15 years ago

Hi there - painting sons bedroom for star wars theme and trying to come up with appropriate colors. Thinking of using a silver/gray, maybe BM Pikes Peak Gray, with 2 horizontal accent strips, perhaps 6" of BM brilliant blue and 2" of BM cover of night. In the "thinking it through" stages right now. What is best position for stipes (top/bottom/middle) Room is small, about 10x14 so want to be sure I am not "closing it in", hence my thought to go somewhat light on the wall color but give it some punch with a stripe or two - any ideas, comments, suggestions? I am also planning to add nighttime theme with constellation projections on the ceilings/walls.

Comments (2)

• Adella Bedella
    15 years ago

My 6 yo would love that room.

Do you have Star Wars bedding? I'd pick the lightest color from that and use that for a wall color. The silver/gray would probably also work well. For stripes, I'd go up a foot or two from the floor and then go 6-8 inchesup from there with the next one. You could play around with the stripe placement a little bit by taping several paper towels and some painter's tape on the wall to see where you'd like it.

• reallen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My son is six as well. I don't yet have bedding - but good idea. I think I'll get the curtains first and pull from that to make sure I have the right tone. Good idea to try out the stripes first.

Thanks!