Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jstell2008_gw

Beautiful mid-century modern home

Danahills
10 years ago

Here is the first picture of a beautiful mid-century modern home for sale near here. I am on my iPad so can only post one pic at a time. Will post a second one.

Comments (17)

• Danahills
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Second picture of mid-century modern home.

• sudiepav
    10 years ago

We live in a MCM ranch. We've been there 9 years and love its details and style. We're slowly transitioning to furniture with a more contemporary feel to reflect the home's style.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Wow, I am not usually a fan of MCM though I appreciate a well done one. I love this one so much I could live in it!

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Love it! Where's the location if you don't mind posting.

• Danahills
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It's in the Black Hills of South Dakota.

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

Can you post a link to the home's listing? I'd love to see more of it.

• Danahills
    Original Author
    10 years ago

When I drove by this home this morning, there is a sale pending sign on it. The home sold in one week. I don't feel right about attaching the link to the listing at this point, but I am attaching a couple more pics.

• Danahills
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's one of the baths. The home was built in 1950.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Wow, that's a huge bath! Love it.

Glad that it sold, hopefully to someone who appreciates its style.

• User
    10 years ago

Fantastic!

• jakabedy
    10 years ago

From the interiors, this feels earlier than MCM. It seems more deco/streamline moderne/international style. That would make it ca. 1930-1945 rather than 1950-1970. Very cool, nonetheless. There aren't a lot of good examples from that era and style still around. Can you post a photo of the facade? I just want to see if my guesser is working.

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

That's what I was thinking, Deco-Moderne.

It probably looks more International Style on the outside than anything else, but it could have been built in 1950--particularly in South Dakota. Trends traveled more slowly before the great media-immersion.

• Danahills
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The house was built in 1950. Here's the updated kitchen.

• Danahills
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And, here's a view of the outside. You could be right about the actual style of the house.

• jakabedy
    10 years ago

I didn't realize it was in South Dakota. The late build date makes more sense. I think it's an interesting midwestern adaptation of some deco-moderne style choices. The dramatic oval dining room isn't evident from the facade, which was probably meant to be a bit more staid and mindful of more conservative neighbors. I like it. It works.

If it's right for the area, I'll bet there's a killer pool in the backyard.

• mustangs81
    10 years ago

Very, very nice. Not surprising it sold so fast. Thanks for sharing.

*SD was one of the 3 states that I have not visited until last year. Traveled Rapid City to Sioux Falls last year and loved it!

• Danahills
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No pool..... But there is a big patio, as well as a deck over the garage.

Mustangs.... I'm glad you enjoyed SD. I live in Rapid City and have a beautiful view of the Black Hills. The Black Hills are one of the most beautiful, and undiscovered, areas in the country.