Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dbrad

Anyone built or seen built Frank Betz's Northfield Manor?

dbrad
9 years ago

We've been working on a custom plan for years (everything drawn up and paid for already) but recently tired of it - what a waste of time and $$! But as much as we hate to admit it, we just aren't "feeling it" anymore.

Recently we saw the below plan by Frank Betz and fell in love. The floor plan needs very few changes and with a walk-out basement it will fit nicely on our lot. Our only concern is that the neighborhood where we purchased land is full of rather large - or at least large-seeming - houses. The minimum size for the neighborhood is 3000 (recently lowered to that after the housing crunch) so it's not like the house has to be really large (this plan is 3800 + 600 bonus), but we're just not sure this house fits. Our initial impression was WOW, but now we think the house just has a small-looking front elevation to it. Are we crazy??

We would LOVE to see more photos of this house but even after contacting Frank Betz Associates we can't seem to find anyone who has built it (they are understandably unwilling to share that information). We are even willing to drive/fly to see the house in person - don't judge, we're (annoyingly, even to ourselves) picky and want to get this right this time!

So, anyone know where this house has been built, or at least have some photos that would give us a better impression of it? Thanks for indulging our craziness!

https://www.frankbetz.com/plans/Northfield%20manor

http://www.eplans.com/house-plans/epl/hwepl12437.html

Comments (850)

• Greg Tanner
    3 years ago

• Greg Tanner
    3 years ago

• Elizabeth Beverly
    3 years ago

@JONATHAN GOODMAN We live in Carrollton, Ga and have a ST. It isn’t really close to Savannah, but a friend on this thread (@erinadamssmith) is in nearby Bowdon and has a beautiful NM. So, both houses are within 25 minutes of each other.

• Christopher Davenport
    3 years ago

My wife and I are currently building our NM. I found the posts of prior folks very helpful and would like to provide any insight to others that I might. We are currently finishing rough-ins.

• sarahogle
    3 years ago

Anyone else do a pool? Our plans are the southern trace with modifications to the master bedroom, master bathroom, back porch, pantry, mud room and laundry room. I love the way a rectangular pool fits in the “L “shape of the house!!

• K R
    3 years ago

Beautiful ! What are the dimensions of the pool ?

• sarahogle
    3 years ago

Thank you, it is 19 x 32

• K R
    3 years ago

Thant you ! The pool fits perfectly back there

• Diane Heitmann
    3 years ago

We also have the ST and put in a pool this past summer...it fits nice for sure! Finishing up when it gets a bit warmer

• K R
    3 years ago

Diane , we’re still working on the rough in’s for mechanicals .. I can’t wait until we get done and can start our pool

• docamandasue
    3 years ago

Sarahogle, anyway you can show more photos and/or floor plan pic of your modifications?? Those areas are what we are looking to tweak. I love this house, but it IS hard to find photos of the perfect personalized areas:)

• Leann S.
    3 years ago

Just completed NF with some modifications in TN.

• K R
    3 years ago

Beautiful ! How long did it take ?

• Leann S.
    3 years ago

I took us about 16 months. We did it ourselves, doing all the subcontracting.

• K R
    3 years ago

Leanne , it’s beautiful ! Our chimneys are different also ... we have one that will be stone , however the other one is board and batten like yours . You all did a great job! I can’t wait to be able to post my pics

• sarahogle
    3 years ago

Yes! I would be happy to add pictures. What areas of the house would you like pictures of?

• K R
    3 years ago

Please post kitchen and master bathroom

• K R
    3 years ago

Please post any other rooms too and fireplaces inside

• Greg Tanner
    3 years ago

• Leann S.
    3 years ago

Here are few pics of our interior.

• Leann S.
    3 years ago

Couple more.

• K R
    3 years ago

Beautiful ! Thats similar to ours , same cabinets , looks like you took out the column in the kitchen . I like the fireplaces being different also !

• krissygabe
    3 years ago

Has anyone built the Northfield Manor with an elevated back deck? We had our plans modified to look like the photos on their website and LOVE the look of the porch. I’m typically not a fan of elevated decks, but a lot that we fell in love with is a bit sloped and would work better with a walk out basement rather than a sunken basement like we planned. I’m sure it still is gorgeous with an elevated deck but I’ve been looking at the plans with a back porch now for 3+ years and just can’t picture it with a deck. thanks!

• Phil Billbrick
    3 years ago

We are moved it! Left the exterior mostly untouched but modified the interior significantly. No beams and a fifth bedroom.

• K R
    3 years ago

Beautiful !

• Greg Tanner
    3 years ago

• Greg Tanner
    3 years ago

• Greg Tanner
    2 years ago

• K R
    2 years ago

Beautiful

• Greg Tanner
    2 years ago

Anyone have anything special they did with the area between the main living room and the kitchen? It seems to be dead space and I can't think of anything to put there, decorate, etc?

• Jason Freeman
    2 years ago

That’s where we put the dining room table (We modified ours just a little…).

• dm235338
    2 years ago

Hi @Greg Tanner your new home looks beautiful! We just signed contracts to begin our NM build and I was wondering if you might be able to share the siding/color you used? Thank you in advance!

• Greg Tanner
    2 years ago

We used Artic white in a prefinished Hardie Board. If I had to do it again, we would have painted on-site rather than used the prefinished stuff.

• Greg Tanner
    2 years ago

• Greg Tanner
    2 years ago

• Joe Kueser
    2 years ago

Three years after I posted on here that I thought it would be 3 years before we were financially ready to build this house, we are financially ready to build this house! 😜 We had given up, because to build it where we live (northern Virginia) is ridiculous. we found an area (Winchester, VA) that is much more reasonable. if we can find the right lot, I do believe we are finally going to build our dream house!

• K R
    2 years ago

Still building ours . Love it

• Joe Kueser
    2 years ago

Silly(?) question. Is anyone putting a TV in the family room? If so, where? Looking at the plans the only place that almost works is above the fireplace, and with a stone face on the fireplace I’m not sure how well that would work. Any pictures?

• sarahogle
    2 years ago

Ours is above the fireplace!

• HU-967380244
    2 years ago

Anyone has a Northfield Manor or Southern Trace in ALL Brick out there

• HU-967380244
    2 years ago

The HOA requires all brick homes and that is very skeptical. Not all homes are built for ALL Brick. Any photos would definitely help

• Kristy Bedingfield
    2 years ago

Finishing up grading, then driveway

• Kristy Bedingfield
    2 years ago

• sarahogle
    2 years ago

Has anyone closed in the dinning room to make a home office? We’re currently using ours as a dinning room and my husband wants to close it in for an office. I worried about how much natural sun light we will lose. Ours is completely open. We removed all columns. If you converted the dinning room to an office please post pictures!

• wrightgj
    2 years ago

We flipped the plan a bit to open up the stairwell - we have a den/office, then the foyer into the stairs leading up. The den is walled on three sides, with pocket French doors to enclose it completely (though the kids still manage to make enough noise that it's not totally soundproof!).

• sarahogle
    last year

We’re listing our southern trace. I have attached to video so everyone can see how we built ours out. We made several changes to the floor plan.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15MixPQvju8Q8--gxI3yCU2K4RrY_aE4M/view?usp=drivesdk

• K R
    last year

Large island

• K R
    last year

Tree of life

• K R
    last year

View from the keeping room

• krissygabe
    last year

Hi! We’re currently building our Northfield Manor (finally!) with a few modifications similar to the photos displayed on the Frank Betz website. Framing is complete with roofing, windows/doors and roughs starting this week! We moved the pantry door so that you enter via the breakfast nook. Does anyone have a photo of how they did any built-in shelving in there to maximize the space? Thanks in advance!