Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
obcindy

Has anyone installed Caeserstone's new Rugged Concrete counter?

Cindy Page
6 years ago

If so, how do you like it so far? I've decided to put this in kitchen and curious to see if anyone else has yet. Thanks! -cindy

Comments (19)

• Colin
    6 years ago

I have seen an island done in Rugged Concrete, at a store. I am considering it for my kitchen reno.

I was surprised by how matte it is.

I was pleasantly surprised at the variance in color acrosss a large slab. It looked much better than the small fairly mono-color sample

• Cindy Page
    Original Author
    6 years ago

OH! The samples are impossible to judge the overall uniqueness of this product. I have decided to move ahead with using this on our work surfaces, combining it with a marble island. Not sure if I am breaking any rules or laws here but I saved a photo to use while picking out other tile, for those wondering what I am talking about, see below:

• Y. P.
    6 years ago

We are considering this new color from Caesarstone too. We got a sample demonstrates the variance part of the slab and it is beautiful. We'd tested vinegar, soy sauce, chili oil, and turmeric on it. No stains but cleans not as easy as those glossy surfaces I have to say.

• JLBK
    6 years ago

Love the look of this, but boy, what a family of messy eaters. (That staging is so funny to me.)

• Cindy Page
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Hahaha, very true!

• Y. P.
    6 years ago

Saw this whole slab of rugged concrete at warehouse.

• Dave C
    6 years ago

I just had rugged concrete installed in my kitchen last week. I must say it is beautiful but it does show everything and I mean everything. Keep a bottle of softscrub out as you will need it. It definitely looks best after the kids go to bed...

• Sue Anderson
    3 years ago

to Dave C. how do you feel about your counter top after 3 years ?

• PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    3 years ago

Cindy - what marble did you end up going with? I was wondering how the rugged concrete would go with marble also and if it breaks any rules haha. I'm curious how your project turned out!

• Cindy Page
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I went with all same - Eternal Statuario on all surfaces. In the photos below on DSO's site, the counter tops look all white but here is a photo I took showing the veining enhancements.

Point Loma Kitchen Remodel - Transitional - Kitchen - San Diego - by DSO Designs | Houzz

• PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    2 years ago

I ended up going with Rugged Concrete for the perimeter in my kitchen and it is beautiful! I was so apprehensive but I absolutely LOVE it. We get so many compliments on it. It gives the space such an earthy organic vibe, which was what I was going for.

I suppose it does kind of show a lot. However, my last countertop was even worse so it is not an issue for me relatively speaking. The texture and different tones help hide some. I should also note that I am slightly OCD so unfortunately, I am very used to wiping everything down constantly.

Overall, I am so happy we decided to go with Rugged Concrete!

• Cindy Page
    2 years ago

Beautiful!

• nicole___
    2 years ago

I really like concrete. It's not JUST good looking, it's environmentally friendly too!

• jenncrtny
    2 years ago

nicole__ i love concrete, too. i had it in my kitchen in a previous house and i installed in a bathroom recently. For my kitchen, i wanted a surface that would require no maintenace/resealing and that i could work on without worrying about messing up (i use a lot of lemons, tomatoes, etc - things that real concrete does not like). That is why i chose caesarstone quartz rugged concrete and i am super happy.

• Hannah Gladstein
    last year

@jenncrtny If you're still following this thread, what do you use to clean your rugged concrete? I'm having fresh concrete installed and am a little worried about threads saying it's difficult to maintain!

• arcy_gw
    last year

The look is one aspect but I want to know how it feels. It looks so flat and matte. It would be a real PITB to wipe down if its texture is what I think it is....FUNCTION people FUNCTION!!!

• jenncrtny
    last year

@Hannah Gladstein the installer recommended just plain water. If more is needed, then yellow windex. I often go over the countertop with dr brooner’s sal suds and then a clean damp rag after that. i cant recall fresh concrete - i think it may have a slicker surface than rugged. id prob finish with a dry towel if thats the case. would love to see pics.

• jenncrtny
    last year

arcy_gw it is matte. not sure about flat because it is not a solid color - it is not one dimensional but i dont know countertop terminology. so maybe i am just misunderstanding you. The rugged concrete is a breeze to clean and doesnt show marks any more than my mother in law’s quartz that looks like marble. Less, actually. Husband and i are happy with how it looks and cleans and especually how it feels. i cook and bake a lot - used to do it for a living so function was at the top of my list.