Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brenda_hagel

Paramount timbrCORE Laminate - Any Reviews?

Brenda Hagel
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi, I've been looking at flooring for over a year. My husband and I fell in love with a couple samples of Paramount timbrCORE Laminate, but I can't find even one review on this product. I think they are new, but I'm not seeing the country of origin, or anything, even when scouring their site. (https://www.paramountflooring.com/products/timbrcore/). Does anyone know anything about this company, or have they installed their products? Would love any feedback. BTW, I am getting from their site they have a number of Canadian inquiries, because they stress they have never sold in Canada, and have directed people to other possibilities who are looking for flooring contacts.

Comments (56)

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

@Tim Waller, I apologize for not responding, I wasn't getting notifications. I did order 2 planks a while back and we've been beating up on them pretty good (pouring water on, letting sit until it evaporates (usually a day or so), dragging our kitchen chairs over them, sitting on the chairs, and scrunching them back and forth repeatedly, etc. Currently the chairs do not have any kind of protectors on them, and they easily scratched the tons of vinyl samples I had accrued. Not even a smudge on the TimbCore. This seems like it will truly hold up well to an active doggy household! (I do plan on getting pads for the chair legs anyway)

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

@Jessica B, we are going with it. I'm waiting to hear back from our installer, but it locks like near end of summer as they are pretty backed up. We ordered a couple planks and are really pleased with how they have stood up to all our tests. We have 2 dogs of our own, and multiple family dogs that visit so we wanted scratch resistant as possible. This seems to hold up pretty well for us. :)

• Jessica B.
    2 years ago

Thank you! I have a friend that just built and had it installed and is happy with it! What color is your sample? I think it looks like the one we have?

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

Ours is Bandsaw Oak. I think yours is the Hickory?

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

@Jessica B. here is a better picture I think, it looks really gold next to the range. This is in more natural light. Photographs a little darker than to the naked eye, but it's pretty close!

• Mariah
    2 years ago

Brenda- did you ever install the Bandsaw Oak? I am builing a home and selected this color from Paramount! I’m a little nervous as it looks to be a goldish orange on the top picture. I cant find any real images of it in a home. Do you like it?

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@Mariah it's getting installed on Aug 4th! I'm super excited. That top pic really looked goldish orange in the pic for sure, but I promise it doesn't read that way in person. The 2nd pic I posted above is much closer to actual "look" - I also brought some samples to furniture stores, you can see how they photograph there. It's a very neutral floor, and goes with so many colors! (we ended up with a dark cholate brown leather sofa) I think it looked so colorful in the one pic was the lighting from the stove hood with the ceiling light, creating like a super warm yellowish light.

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

The lights at this store were halogen spotlights, similar to my stove top vent hood, and it looks a lot "warmer" in this pic to me as well. What bulbs and lights you use will 100% make a difference too. This sofa is the same color swatch as the first pic I posted in my reply to you. A lot of difference. The swatch is true to actual color.

• mariah_g22
    2 years ago

Oh that's coming up soon, super exciting! Thank goodness though, these pictures make me feel so much better about our choice! I do agree- lighting makes a huge difference. Much more of a neutral looking color, like I was hoping. Thanks for the pics!

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

@mariah_g22, I'll be sure to post actual pics once the floor is in!

• Jessica B.
    2 years ago

Yes we chose the hickory!

• mariah_g22
    2 years ago

Awesome, I'll keep an eye out for the pics!

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

@mariah_g22 here are some pics from our TimbrCORE bandsaw oak install yesterday! Please ignore the mess everywhere, things are still chaotic and being worked on. What's left - another coat of paint in most rooms, replacing all the interior doors (those are on order, should be here Saturday), baseboards, etc. but we're getting there! Hopefully the living room window will be in soon as that is being replaced too. But we are SO happy we went with this. It's wonderful. We went with a premium pad underneath, and it feels great. What I especially love is how it feels underfoot, and how quiet it is to walk on.

too.

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

TimbrCORE bandsaw oak

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

TimbrCORE bandsaw oak

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

TimbrCORE bandsaw oak

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

TimbrCORE bandsaw oak

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

TimbrCORE bandsaw oak

• mariah_g22
    2 years ago

Oh my gosh it looks awesome! It's really going to come together when you add these finishes touches. Can't wait to see what ours looks like! 😊

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

@mariah_g22 post pics too someday! BTW our cat threw up on the floor overnight, and it cleaned up great. No lasting marks or anything. Darn 🐈 😆

• Brenda Hagel
    2 years ago

@mariah_g22 quick update for you. These floors are taking some serious abuse (especially from the pukey cat) and so far not one stain, scratch, etc. on them. Very, very happy!

• Lauren Huff
    last year

I'm looking at this flooring as well and was wondering the same thing! I'm mostly worried about how it will hold up to kids and 3 big dogs.

• Jessica B.
    last year

We have two cats that love to chase each other and I haven’t noticed any scratches! We love it! Cleans up well and doesn’t leave streaks! Highly recommend.

• Lauren Huff
    last year

Thank you for that! I'm just looking at the sample and mine said RigidCore instead of TimberCore so it's different.

• Brenda Hagel
    Original Author
    last year

@Lauren Huff I think the RigidCore line is Vinyl planks. The TimbrCore line from Paramount is a water proof (up to 72 hours) indent & scratch resistant laminate. I'm not sure how the Rigidcore performs, but we're almost a year in with the TimbrCore Laminate and could not be more pleased. It survived a very wet and snowy winter with no issues from the dogs constantly dragging snow in. We generally have at least 6 dogs running around on it almost weekly between ours dogs and our sons. One of them is a Saint Bernard, two of them are between 50-60 pounds, and the others are a bit smaller. We have a cat with irritable bowel disease who constantly throws up on the floors, and so far no scratches, no stains, or any marks. I know laminate is not for everyone, but it was definitely the right choice for us.

• Lauren Huff
    last year

Well they look great that's for sure! Did they have to be glued to the floor or just click into place? Sounds like I need to look into this option. Do you have it in your kitchen?

• Ryan Cragg
    last year

We are looking at this for our new home built, can't remember the color that we like. I'm curious how many different prints there are, it seems all the prints start in the same place on the plank as well. There was a LVP option from the same shop that we are having priced out as well and the starting point for the print of the wood is staggered on each plank, so none of them really start in the same place, giving a the planks a little more random look.

Thanks!

• HU-905847319
    last year

I see lots of comments on pet resistance and cat puke,ect. What about urine ?

• Brenda Hagel
    last year

@HU-905847319 we're coming up on 2 years with our TimbrCore laminate from Paramount. We've only had about 3-4 urine episodes (new rescue pup last year), but no issues with cleanup damage. One puddle was even missed overnight. She had gone under table. So far nothing hurt these floors!

• bearrkat
    last year

Ugh. Need Answers. Originally installed TimbrCore over a year ago and loved it. Had a leak and had to replace it all since that pattern was discontinued. Chose a new pattern in TimbrCore but it's not the same. It feels different, it's not quite as thick, it has blue backing on each plank, and when we walk on it, it feels wavy as if its slightly dipping in where the seams are. It came in generic packaging with generic instruction sheet. No branding of Paramount or TimbrCore and the number on each box was a LI-XXXXX # and not the TCXXXXX # like the first time. When I asked, flooring store said its a different manufacturer now but same quality and that what I got is the TimbrCore laminate. This is a very trusted company in Tulsa they have assured me it's the same quality product but I'm obsessing over this. Has anyone had this happen?

• Brenda Hagel
    last year

I would reach out directly to Paramount TimbrCore here and ask. That doesn't sound right. The LI number with blue backing sounds like you somehow ended up with their rigidCORE vinyl flooring. Their actual timbrtimbrCORE laminate does not have an attached pad: https://www.paramountflooring.com/contact/

• bearrkat
    last year

Thanks Brenda. I think we talked on FB back in 2021 about TimbrCORE. We installed Bandsaw Oak back then and loved it. I was worried we got their vinyl product too because of the blue backing but the specs on the planks we got match those on their website. The specs for their vinyl products are different. I’m just frustrated because there was nothing about Paramount or TimbrCORE on the boxes or instruction sheet. If this is how the product is now then ok. I’m just trying to determine if that’s what we actually have. I’ve emailed them and will see if I get a response.

• Angela
    7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

https://www.paramountflooring.com/country-of-origin/

This product is made in China, Cambodia and Vietnam.

• Brenda Hagel
    7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

Angela that's where their actual hardwood planks are milled and finished. Different hardwoods are harvested in different countries, including the US, Europe, Asia and Brazil. Their TimbrCORE laminate lines are made in other countries. Example the Salzburg collection is made in Austria, the Sequoia collection is made in Spain, and the Alpine collection is made in the USA (download the spec sheets of the laminate colors you're interested in, they have country of origin). When I got bandsaw oak, that collection of flooring Bandsaw Oak was in was made in Germany.

• Stephanie Potts
    6 months ago

Are you still very happy with your Paramount laminate floors? I have found one of the sequoia laminate flooring samples I like alot but I’m nervous if I’ll like it as much a LVP? The salesman at the store said laminates are made a lot better quality then they used to be and would be a very good option instead of LVP. I have kids and a dog so I need something very durable, fairly scratch and dent resistant. I have never had LVP but I think the tile looking floor I’m wanting to replace is a laminate and it is very durable and doesn’t scratch easy at all, which the only reason I’m changing it is for the look of wood to have a more pleasing look. :)

• michelle n
    4 months ago

Did you go with the sequoia laminate flooring?

• Ben
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

Do NOT buy paramount flooring. This flooring has had scratching issues with no cause. Peeling apart and cracking seams. The vendor that installed it is giving us the shaft. We spent $2000 on this garbage. Also they are not waterproof. The seams are such garbage that you have to pull the floor up if it gets wet. We had white mold spores growing under the flooring.

• shirleybear7
    2 months ago

Hi Ben, do you have the TimbrCore laminate flooring ? Sorry to hear that. I was going to go forward with it since other person above said it was very good! Back to square one now..having hard time to find a good quality laminate

• Flavia Morkassel
    2 months ago

@shirleybear7 what color did you go with? We are looking at the paramount timbercore sequoia empire, and wonder how things are holding up. I know this is an AC6 rating, which I believe is the best you can get for laminate.

• TRYKETODRINKS.com .
    2 months ago

Reading all your reviews as I’m also looking for a wood-look flooring to cover entire downstairs including powder Rm and kitchen. VERY worried about finding one that will give me some peace of mind on getting wet, scratched, etc. I’ve watched a guy on YouTube who’s been videoing his tests of flooring for several years. He does hammer test, claw side test, fork test and installs a bit then tests taking it apart. The “waterproof” he tested by keeping water on 24 hours then drying off and disassembling to see if any water hit into cracks. Now, he highly recommends floortec after so many viewers bragging on them and him reaching out to company for samples. But it’s $4.50-$5.50 sq ft and I was hoping to get something less e pensive. Although the $5.50 is claimed to be an engineered hardwood lvp type board. His YouTube is “So that’s how you do that!”

• Nick Routt
    last month

@flaviam have you found any picture of the sequoia empire we are considering it as well

• Flavia Morkassel
    last month

Nick Route, We’ve decided on getting the sequoia empire. The photos I’ve attached are from our builder’s daughter’s house. We were able to walk on it and it felt super solid. Our installer stated that he has not yet gotten a call back regarding this floor, which is good news.

• Flavia Morkassel
    last month

Paramount timbercore sequoia empire

• Angela
    last month

Bought in 2019. 3200 sq ft of Barley Grass RigidCore. There's nothing in warranty or maintenance instructions about not using a steam mop. Our great room looks absolutely horrendous. The steam mop has caused the floor to bubble up. The distributor sent us a revised warranty dated October 2023. It says do not use steam mop on these floors. We are in the middle of a little battle. I've contacted the Missouri Attorney General to figure out what warranty is going to play out in this scenario. Not good!

• Flavia Morkassel
    last month

Angela, we currently have the Rigidcore Capstone dry seed and it’s lifting/breaking all over the floor. We are also having issues with our sub floor. Which is why our builder stepped up and said they would cover the amount we paid for product and install, and then have us cover anything above that. I hope you guys are able to get your floor covered.

• HU-409734721
    20 days ago

flavia do you have BOTH ridgeCore and TimbrCore?

• Flavia Morkassel
    20 days ago

Hi, we had rigidcore prior and got that ripped out last week and replaced with timbrcore.

• Dianna Aylesworth
    14 days ago

Flavia, do you still like your empire laminate floors? I'm thinking about ordering this.

• Flavia Morkassel
    14 days ago

I love everything about it! It’s super solid, easy to clean. It has a matte finish, so you can’t see footprints. I’ve noticed that I can see streaks when cleaning against the grain, but that’s a given with most floors. I love that it’s steam mop approved as well! Don’t mind the mess…