Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbrem

Which SW white goes best with leathered fantasy brown countertops?

M Brem
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I can’t decide which paint color will best complement my leathered fantasy brown countertops on our perimeter cabinets. The natural lighting in our kitchen is not great, even though the room is large. Our island will be a dark chocolate color to match our sink. Walls will be SW ancient marble and picks up the subtle green in the tile. I love alabaster but I’m afraid it might look too yellow, and I really don’t want my beautiful countertop to look washed out either. Backsplash not chosen yet but will be off white and simple to complement the counter. The flooring is on the warmer side, already purchased so that’s staying. I’ve narrowed the cabinet colors down to Alabaster, Greek Villa and Pure White. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pics 1, 2, and 4 are the kitchen counters, pic 3 is the laundry room (same slabs)

I plan to paint all the cabinets (laundry and kitchen) the same color, laundry room walls same color as cabinets. kitchen and family room will be ancient marble (bottom of pic 1)

Comments (21)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 years ago

IMO fix the lighting first and that means changing all the bulbs you have to LEDs 4000k and maybe adding mor lighting like under cabinets and pendants that light the space not the ceiling .

M Brem thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • M Brem
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Right now, the lighting can’t be changed, only because we aren’t there in the renovation. If I change the lighting, do you think any of those colors will be ok?

• calidesign
    2 years ago

SW suggests Nonchalant White to coordinate with Ancient Marble. It also has a touch of green. I think Pure White could also work. Alabaster is too yellow with your wall color and the countertops imo. If you want a warmer white, try Dover White.

M Brem thanked calidesign
  • M Brem
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Calidesign Thank you! I feel like I’ve researched forever and havent found Nonchalant White as a suggestion! I will definitely check it out. I originally considered Dover white and I love the warmer whites but our granite has a coolness to it and I’m so afraid they will clash.

• bunnybluebird
    2 years ago

Totally agree that it all hinges on the lighting and how the colors appear in your room. I went with SW Pure White when I refaced the cabinets in my east facing laundry room (fantasy brown polished countertop). I am very happy with the color. This photo is mid reno.

M Brem thanked bunnybluebird
  • bunnybluebird
    2 years ago

M Brem thanked bunnybluebird
  • woodlandredhouse
    2 years ago

Gossamer Veil is going up as we speak for my kitchen with leathered fantasy brown. counters go in wednesday so im crossing my fingers it works.

M Brem thanked woodlandredhouse
  • M Brem
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Please share pictures when you can!! Thankfully, my painter won’t do anything til floors are in and some construction is finished. In the meantime, I’m making myself nuts researching paint colors. Our flooring is on the warmer side, countertop leans cooler.

• woodlandredhouse
    2 years ago

Probably not super helpful yet but here’s we’re we’re at with the gossamer veil. Looks really nice with the white oak and medium brown floors. I’ll update on Wednesday when the counters go in. I know what you mean about researching!

• J D
    2 years ago

Can you show the colors ON the countertop?

• Beth Pilcher
    2 years ago

I don't think I have ever thought Alabaster would have been too yellow with those cabinets. They may seem less yellow (cooler) painted beside the cabinets. Your eye is good! This happened to me when I had 13 SW samples of whites all over my house. Only you will know! It's different in person, but it's going to be beautiful. You have great taste.🙂

M Brem thanked Beth Pilcher
  • M Brem
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ha! Thanks Beth. I genuinely appreciate that. This is a huge undertaking and it’s been a long time coming. I’ve appointed myself General Contractor (NOT my day job, and only because finding people to do the job has been daunting). I managed to find responsive, small local businesses who (so far!) have done a great job. It’s taking a while but I’m enjoying the investment of time and interest.

Clt3, that’s absolutely gorgeous. Definitely magazine worthy. Extra White is perfect with that gorgeous backsplash and island, too!!

• RedRyder
    2 years ago

@Clt3 - Wow. Your kitchen is stunning! Love the cabinet and backsplash colors with the FB countertop.

• M Brem
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I added pics in OP … any opinions are welcome!!

• woodlandredhouse
    2 years ago

This is fantasy brown against gossamer veil. I think it’s a nice match but more on the greige side.

• woodlandredhouse
    2 years ago

A little closer view.

• M Brem
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Very nice!!

• Debra S
    last year

@clt3 what color is your island? Beautiful!

• clt3
    last year

@Debra S the color is Sherwin-Williams Aquaverde. Thanks!

• HU-8984704
    12 days ago

I'm planning on Alabaster , cabinet, . .fantasy

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County