Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_670100375

Before&After- Corner Decor

Sarah
last year

I'm not very good at home decor, just try to learing it, lol. If you guys have any advice, pls feel free to let me know, I would greatly appreciate it!

Before

After

Comments (18)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

It would make me feel ,like I was in a thrift shop so please post pics of the whole space then we hve some context .

• yumelizabeth
    last year

That’s a lot of stuff crammed into one corner. What does the rest of the space look like?

• imacamper
    last year

Too much stuff!

• latifolia
    last year

What was your goal? What is your intended use of the space? That is always a good place to start.

• ShadyWillowFarm
    last year

You don’t need to cram a corner full of stuff just for the sake of it. What is the purpose of the room? Is there a focal point? That corner is not usable in the stuffed condition.

• woodrose
    last year

Remove the doors and empty frames, and show us how it looks without them.

• Rawketgrl
    last year

You have some really cute stuff! Lets try this: Remove everything except the chair. Hang the white window frame under the little stone ledge to create a "window" for the chair. Then post pics and we might add something else or not. I marked up your picture for a visual..pink is keep, blue is edit.

• er612
    last year

I prefer the empty space.

• BlueberryBundtcake - 6a/5b MA
    last year
    last modified: last year

Here's what I'd do:

Option 1:

• Keep the chair and its pillow
    • Keep one object on the ledge; if you really want two, keep the pitcher and use a smaller picture, such as the one on the bench
    • Keep the runner on the bench if desired or needed (for protection of the surface)
    • Remove everything else on the floor and bench
    • Add a reading lamp, on a small accent table if not a floor lamp

Option 2:

• Remove everything (except the window treatment, of course)
    • Place a small accent table in the corner with a live plant on it
    • You can put the runner on the bench, same as in option 1
    • Place a picture/art on the ledge

If the ledge is removable, you can likely replace it with a piece of art on the wall in either case, but it would be helpful to see the space to advise how best to do that.

• chloebud
    last year

I would try Rawketgrl’s suggestion. Keep ”less is more” in mind.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

Love OPs that just disappear

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    last year

She probably didn’t get the reaction she was expecting.

• User
    last year

I don't blame them with rude comments like yours. ( @littlebug zone 5 Missouri, that was not directed at you, we seem to have posted at the same time. it was in response to the person who rarely has constructive things to say.)

• Jilly
    last year

Not everyone can be here every day. Recently, an OP got a bunch of rude comments about disappearing … turns out they had Covid and spent a week in the hospital.

• PRO
    Overland Remodeling & Builders
    last year

Is this a corner in your room?

Since you need advice.

I suggest you just keep the chair (pillow needs to stay but remove the blanket) and the white frame. Remove everything aside from those that I mentioned. Maybe there are other places at your house were you could place those other stuff that we remove.

• PRO
    Notting Hill Decorative Hardware
    last year

Super cute! Minus just a few items and we think it will be great!

• PRO
    Bergen Furniture & Design
    last year

Well! At first look, the “after” appears like a lot stuffed into a small space. And this lot includes items as well as colors. A plain white chair would have worked better there. That too, without the frames lying on the ground that you can use somewhere else. The plant would make a good thing.