Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amy_willis1260

Staging Help for Loft

Aimee Willis
last year

We are in the process of getting our house ready for listing. We are moving out a lot of furniture. Our realtor suggested making this loft area a playroom. I don’t want to add any furniture, but even after I clean it, I still won’t like how it will look in staging photos. Suggestions?

Comments (9)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

I need to see where this is in relation to the rest of the hpme. Storage for toys can be taken to the next house a nice reading chir and a good cleaning is what you need That cleaning includes that carpet and probably washing the walls and the blinds. Put the toys that do not fit in the new storage either away or just 2 pieces out.

• littlebug Zone 5 Missouri
    last year

Agree with Patricia: one or two pieces of furniture, the tv on a clean, bare stand, and only two toys. Take everything else away.

• Sammie J
    last year

Is the furniture in the pic staying? If so, move the tv onto the larger table, put the smaller table by the chair, and add a nice, large basket to house ALL of the toys in the room. Clean the entire room (paint, carpet, etc).

• User
    last year
    last modified: last year

you could rent furniture and accessories to fill it out. or borrow some from friends?

I'd at least add a rug and coffee table, a floor cushion or two, and maybe a couple of big baskets to show that toys could be easily organized.

here are some minimal playrooms that don't have much furniture:

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    last year

I would just take everything out and make sure there isn't stuff on the floor. If you're not hiring a professional stager, then leave the room empty.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    last year

Lots of things come to mind for that space. I'm not sure about a playroom if that removed from where adults would be - but guest quarters, office, reading room, crafts.

If you don't have that kind of furniture for staging, dont want to borrow or rent it, I think I'd leave the TV but on the larger table. A nicer chair could be good, but so would a couple of colorful coordinating floor pillows from Home Goods.

How is the artificial light up there if there should be any evening showings. Would you need to temporarily rob a lamp from someplace else in the house?

I don't know how important staging might be in your area. It's not that important here if the home spotlessly flawlessly clean. The last house I sold any staging was at a bare minimum. I did have a couple of comfortable chairs, table where papers could be examined - the hope was signed ;) Couple of table and floor lamps if more light was needed. I didn't feel the need to explain every room in the very basic house. Most people have at least minor visualizing skills.

Sold first week......:)

• PRO
    lisedv
    last year

If you don't have a professional stager, simply clean the room, carpet, etc. and leave it empty. The buyers can figure out what they'll want to do with the space.

• Aimee Willis
    Original Author
    last year

There’s bedrooms surrounding this area, but I agree that it’s not a good space for a playroom. We mounted the tv and got rid of the tiny table. We moved the toys from upstairs to downstairs because that’s where we spend the most of our time. We’re trying to get as much out of this house as possible, but we are kind of hoping for a long close because I’m teaching and don’t want to be trying to figure out where to live before school ends.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida