Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_771459510

Wellfleet Ceramic Tile

K C
last year

Has anyone used this tile before and could share pictures of it installed? I'm not sure if it's new but I cant find much online.

We are specifically looking at 'Coconut'

Thank you so much

https://www.tileamerica.com/products/1/473/trending-tile/wellfleet

Comments (38)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year
    last modified: last year

They have away to see it in your room , can't get better than that . IMO seeing something in someone elses space never helps .

• Susanne Woolley
    last year

Wow, that’s beautiful! The coconut is gorgeous, as is seashell. Oh, and rain. Lol. Similar to the Cloe white we used in our kitchen backsplash, but even more beautiful texture. Love it!

What are your other finishes?

• K C
    Original Author
    last year

Our floor tile will be a light gray and white checkered pattern. We have chrome plumbing finishes.

• cmabrahams
    last year
    last modified: last year

We just used the coconut for our kitchen backsplash! I dont have a ton of pictures at this moment (not moved in yet), but can get more…

• K C
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you!! Love it

• Jackie Mistretta
    last year

Did you end up putting it in?

• feigem
    last year

I'm also wondering if you ended up using this. I'm thinking of using it in the coconut color.

• K C
    Original Author
    last year

We just purchased it. It’ll be installed in the next couple of weeks and I can share a pic when it’s done.

• feigem
    last year

KC, I'd love to see a pic when it is installed. I initially chose the seashell color, but I'm thinking of switching to coconut. I feel like it's a safer choice. Also, I am trying to choose between the 5 inch square and subway. Square could be a nice change, but subway seems more safe. Too many decisions!

• K C
    Original Author
    12 months ago

Here’s a few pictures of coconut. Pre and post grout.

• K C
    Original Author
    12 months ago

Pre grout

• Jennifer Brown
    12 months ago

What color grout did you use K C?

• Jennifer Brown
    12 months ago

What color grout did you use @ cmabrahams

• K C
    Original Author
    12 months ago

We used “frosty” by Laticrete

• Jennifer Brown
    12 months ago

K C Thanks so much! love the tile!

• jenjanaskie
    11 months ago

The pictures look like the coconut leans gray not white. The samples I have don't look so gray. Could it just be the picture? Thanks!

• K C
    Original Author
    11 months ago

The individual samples look more white but when all combined it’s more of an off white / light gray

• jenjanaskie
    11 months ago

thanks!

• oliveandwell
    8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

Pictures look awesome. I saw coconut in person and loved it. Pic below w the stove. But I was considering seashell in squares because it seemed to have more variation. Pic below w the countertop samples. But then again KC your coconut looks like it had lots of variation too, so maybe I should do that. What do you all think?

• C B
    7 months ago

Love everyone’s tile! We just bought the coconut well-fleet tile in for our bathroom and are installing it soon. I wasn’t sure if spacers were needed or not. Did anyone use spacers and what size spacers did you use?

• ptd15
    5 months ago

Just found this thread. We used well-fleet coconut spaced at 1/16th with Bright White Laticrete grout. We weren’t expecting it to trend so grey post grout and felt like it seemed warmer pre grout.

@cmabrahams what grout did you use?

• ptd15
    5 months ago

Pre and post grout

• C B
    5 months ago

Thanks! We ended up using the 1/16 as well and we used the Laticrete grout as well in Frosty color. Love the way it turned out with frosty. The pictures don’t totally show the color since we don’t have great lighting yet. (We did have to recaulk the top bc the orginal color we got was wrong)

• ptd15
    5 months ago

Looks awesome!

• Sarah Fitzgerald
    4 months ago

@Jennifer Brown older post, but am looking at the difference between 'seashell' and 'rain' colors. I have a sample of 'rain' (more gray), how would you describe 'seashell' and may I ask what you mean by not the look you were going for? Thank you!

• Jennifer Brown
    4 months ago

@Sarah Fitzgerald, seashell has more beige tan tones. For our kitchen I wanted more variations for whites, not drastic color changes. We ended up not using this tile and went with bedrosian close tile - which I absolutely love!!!

• Jennifer Brown
    4 months ago

@ Sarah Fitzgerald- forgot to add in the part about the look - The color variation was so drastic, from the lightest color to the darkest color. I just wanted shade variation not color variations.

• Sarah Fitzgerald
    4 months ago

Thank you, looks beautiful!

• Sarah Fitzgerald
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

Curious how Coconut color compares to Cloe… anyone compared the two?? @Jennifer Brown did you by chance compare these before chooseing Cloe?

• HU-655806221
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

For those of you who have the photos of Coconut installed -- they are all gorgeous!! Questions:

1) Do the individual tiles actually have different colors, or do they just look different based on how the light hits them? I saw this in a store today and all the tiles looked like the same color to me. I really don't want a lot of color variation in my backsplash. In this promo video, the Coconut looks like a fairly consistent white color: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxWlkdoClmw

2) is it just me or does it look like the squares have less color variation than the subways?

3) has anyone compared this to Floor and Decor Zellige Perla?

• FH Beach
    last month

Just had seashell installed in our shower and its giving off a lot of pink which is not what I wanted. Wondering if changing the paint will make much of a difference (currently have BM white dove)

• Sarah Fitzgerald
    last month

For anyone interested - we installed Wellfleet Rain for our backsplash. Love it! Cabinets are Simply White and counters are Hanstone Montauk.

• HU-655806221
    last month

@FH Beach: I feel, in general, paint can make a difference. For example, my house siding is a blueish-gray. I painted my front door a strong blue, so the siding looks more gray in comparison.

• Tricia Casamento
    13 days ago

Hi- I have the same question as someone above- for the Wellfleet tile in Coconut- Do the individual tiles actually have different colors, or do they just look different based on how the light hits them?

What is the difference between the bedrosian cloe and wellfleet coconut?

• oliveandwell
    13 days ago

When I saw the wellfleet coconut in person, it was a uniform color but each tile has different undulations so the light hits each one differently. It was beautiful and has an artisan feel. I have not seen the bedrosian.

• HU-655806221
    12 days ago

It is called "multi-tonal" -- I ended up getting Roca Flow in White -- which is beautiful and all one color

• Tricia Casamento
    12 days ago

Thank you both!