Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katie_lecluyse44

Has anyone here had Cambria Haydon installed?

Katie LeCluyse
9 months ago

I would appreciate any opinions and photos of the Cambria Haydon pattern. We just bought a house in another state so we are doing this process long distance which is why I am leaning towards using Home Depot as there is one here and by the new house. My floors are a rustic medium brown porcelain tile (which are not being changed at this time) and my cabinets are going to be painted SW Accessible beige. There is an L-shape corner right by the sink, and a small 3x4' island. All of the walls in my new home are SW Snowbound white. I will go with a simple off-white backsplash with low contrast grouting. I am stressing out about this and would love your input!

Comments (4)

• Alan Strassberg
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

Nice pattern - search Google on Cambria Haydon and then click images - several examples. Did you notice that seams are visible with Haydon? No biggie but no surprises. On the other hand no need to worry about layout since the pattern isn't directional. Cambria has several showrooms if one is close to you (app't needed)

https://www.cambriausa.com/quartz-colors/#!/design/Haydon

also try their visualizer

https://www.cambriausa.com/cambria-ar/#!/

Katie LeCluyse thanked Alan Strassberg
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

Why accessible beige for caninets ever . BTW SW does not have a cabinet paint so stop right now anfd find a cabinet paiter / refinisher who has the right material and a proper place to apint cabinets,. I really dislike AB it is not neutral at all IMO it has flesh colored undertone and not what I would choose for cabinets and for sure not with that counter .Take thesamples of both the paint and the counter outside in real daylight not the crappy lighting at the paint counter and where the samples of quartz are. I do not think they work together .IMO neither of these work with Snowbound which has a decided gray undertone.

Katie LeCluyse thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Katie LeCluyse
    Original Author
    9 months ago

I appreciate your input Patricia. I actually have looked at all of the samples in the actual kitchen space at a few different times of day. I'm an artist as my side gig so know a little about color and undertones in different lighting conditions. My new home has a fresh coat of Snowbound paint so that is what we are working with. Because of the warm quality of the light (south Louisiana) and the warm colored floors, the slight greyish cast is actually neutralized and reads warm white with very little undertone in the living areas. We chose Accessible Beige because it is a warm griege and we thought it would go with a number of quart tops we were considering, including Cambria Pendle Hill, which has some light taupe and beige bits. Do you have a couple of other cabinet suggestions that would look better than AB, add warmth and provide a gentle contrast to the white adjacent walls? Thanks in advance!

• M. Juza
    11 days ago

Katie I bet your cabinets will look gorgeous! I’d love to see a pic of your finished kitchen. We are currently building & are in the process of installing our kitchen cabinets. Haydon is one of our countertop contenders. We have warm white for the main cabinets, a dark espresso for the island & bar, and SW Drift of Mist on the walls. Our hardwood floor is a dark warm color. Here’s some pics. I will take any advice! My husband is leaning towards Cambria Colton for the countertops but I am loving the look of the Haydon.