Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_12362181

need help with backsplash

Patti
last month

I have off white/cream cabinets and Versailles ivory ( with gold) quartz countertops- need recommendations for back splash . Transitional or contemporary
Kitchen still in progress. Will have brown medium tone floors

Comments (22)

• houssaon
    last month

• RedRyder
    last month

Bronze toned tiles would complement the veins in your stone. Found two - one at Floor & Decor, one at Wayfair. See if this color looks good. I searched under “bronze tile”.
    The other option is finding a simple white tile that is close to the stone color. That would also be pretty.

• Boxerpal
    last month

A few ideas

Westchester HOME Magazine’s Winter 2020 Cover Kitchen! · More Info

Bianco Dolomite Geometrica Polished Marble Pattern Marble · More Info

Angora Geometric Pattern 12X12 Polished Marble Mosaic, (4x4 or 6x6) Sample · More Info

Bianco Starlite Polished Marble Mosaic, 10 Sheets · More Info

Eastside Estate · More Info

Taj Mahal Quartzite Kitchen Countertop · More Info

Nantucket Bijoux · More Info

Suburban Living · More Info

• herbflavor
    last month

counter is not that dominant. cabinets all in one shade.....means go a little bolder w backsplash..bring home lots of various styles....there are many things that will work.

Harmonia Royal Bloom Ceramic Floor and Wall Tile · More Info

Hex Tile Backsplash in Glossy Navy Blue · More Info

Denville, NJ kitchen reno · More Info

• Patti
    Original Author
    last month

I love the bold blue colors. My floor is a darker brown, and all of my cabinet poles and fixtures are gold or really cold honey bronze. I will have blue in my accessories and maybe window treatments nearby rug in the dining area. I’m a little afraid to go bold in the backsplash in case I get tired of it and I’m thinking about keeping it a neutral beige just a little bit darker than the cabinets. The plan is to color into the accessories and overtime if I get bored, I can change the color schemewithout having to change permanent fixtures. Do you think it will look too bland, having the backsplash, a neutral, beige?

• Patti
    Original Author
    last month
    • cabinet pulls and knobs ( not poles)
  • herbflavor
    last month
    last modified: last month

kitchen is large with a LOT of the pale color between counter and cabinets. I would do something visually at the backsplash area. But there are tons of ways to do that. Bring in samples and see what happens. I Get a more traditional vibe from your pretty kitchen...... like these tiles if nervousness about too much color/pattern sets in...

Golden Beach Moleanos Beige Limestone Lantern Arabesque Mosaic Tile, 1 sheet · More Info

Light Blue Ceramic Arabesque Mosaic Tiles, 5 Sq Ft Box · More Info

Crema Marfil Marble Medium Lantern Arabesque Mosaic Tile Polished, 1 sheet · More Info

• oreet
    last month

You can go in many directions, but I would not do anything just yet. Wait till your floors are in and your kitchen is done. Only then you should get samples of tiles and see which you prefer. Backsplash tiles are the last thing that gets installed and it’s not a messy job.

• Missy Bee
    last month

Beautiful cabinet color and counter! Lots of good ideas for backsplash submitted above.

• HU-910663146
    last month

Run the countertop up the wall. Avoids stressing over whether the backsplash matches and looks great always.

• Patti
    Original Author
    last month

Holding some samples against wall- thinking light blue instead of staying with monochromatic beige ( thanks to your advice). Not sure if you can see options clearly but curious on your thoughts. Post below shows my front runner- thoughts ??

• Patti
    Original Author
    last month

Front runner
    I’ll have blue accessories and in window treatments
    Any thoughts?

• Patti
    Original Author
    last month

Thinking subway ( not square)- and unfortunately color isn’t 100% accurate but light blue

• herbflavor
    last month
    last modified: last month

i like a few of them ......including the couple darker subway tiles propped up......but anyway changing the white grout they have shown to the background of your counter color .....using your favorite one will work fine...... things stay soft in that shade , yet you get the color without upstaging the pretty counters , which the darker ones might do. Just gaze at them for a few days , different light , and youll know...we cant do that on our screens. You're getting close...the blue, if you find the right one is really attractive.

I think you're on to something.....here is a pale blue tile splash..... [ more textural tho] .... shown with even busier counters ......and it works .... easy to love the blue shade...

South Padre Island · More Info

• RedRyder
    last month

I like the pale blue subway tile on the far left.

• herbflavor
    11 days ago

ooh la la .....that looks gorgeous so far.

• Boxerpal
    11 days ago

yes yes yes i agree...backsplash is looking gorgeous!

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

Wow, love it!

• RedRyder
    11 days ago

It’s already looking great and it’s not even done!

• PRO
    Arden Hills Estates
    11 days ago

Have you considered using the same slabs as the backsplash. Hard to imagine what could be better. Except...the cost. I use solid stone whenever possible. It sets your house apart.

• PRO
    Arden Hills Estates
    11 days ago

I see I added comment too late ;)